Help! I need advice for this space.
mommickey
I need help for this space. Would you do curtains? Would you put a clock on the wall by the window? What end table to go with this coffee table? What art above the couch? ( I ordered a new grey couch.) What new light above the front door? Would you leave the wall color or change it to a light grey or light tan? In the next few weeks the ceiling will have five more lights put in. Would you still buy a floor lamp? Would you put anything else on the stand under the tv?
novicenoodler
Many questions! A few more photos of the space will help form opinions, and also what style you like. Is that a window above the couch?

Firstly, you need an area rug to define the seating space. Is the current beige wall to wall rug staying? Let's start there. If the rug is staying, I would suggest you change the wall color, since it doesn't go with your blue walls right now.
November 18, 2013 at 6:11PM      Thanked by mommickey
mommickey
It is a mirror over the couch. The carpet is staying it is only a year old. It is staying for at least a year. We are going modern. The room is long and only one window.
November 18, 2013 at 6:23PM   
mommickey
Any color sugestions from anyone?
November 19, 2013 at 6:45AM   
yoboseiyo
i don't mind the light in the entrance. i would do curtain panels, i would hang art. if you like those BIG clocks, hang one on the same wall as the mirror.

hang some art pieces on the wall with the tv.

i can't tell if the room is a soft blue, or if that's my screen, though, so i can't really offer color suggestions.
November 19, 2013 at 7:00AM      Thanked by mommickey
mommickey
The room is a blue.
November 19, 2013 at 7:08AM   
yoboseiyo
oh, ok. that's a pretty blue. i'd leave it as is.

for window treatments, i think you'd be ok leaving the grey blinds you have, and just adding panels.
maybe something like one of these?

Cotton Canvas Zigzag Window Panel, Blue Lagoon
Mudhut Medallion Window Panel, Blue/ Brown
3 Panels of Decorative Designer Custom Curtains by Castle Creek Designs
i really like the second and third sets. i think they work best with the grey blinds and the blue on the walls, but i do like that darker herringbone, plus it's shown on a light blue wall, so it's easy to imagine how it would look. ^.^-b

and maybe a rug on top of the carpet to anchor the seating area?
something like this maybe? Jaipur Heritage Chantilly Transitional Gradation Pattern Wool/Silk Knotted Rug
November 19, 2013 at 7:40AM        Thanked by mommickey
mommickey
I like the curtains. I never thought of navy blue. I like the idea. I love the curatins. only problem is I has ms and the design would bother my eye's. I have the eye issue with zig zags checker boards etc. Love the rug. My husband was looking at a scribble pattern that was a wide scribble on west elm we went to the store that one was o.k. I really like them though maybe I will see if they bother me they are able to be returned.
November 19, 2013 at 8:07AM   
Beautiful Wall Decals
Wall decals make beautiful wall decorations & are one of the most convenient options. At www.BeautifulWallDecals.com you can customize the size, color, and design of your decal so that it perfectly fits your space & personal style. Wall decals are easy to install, and won't peel the paint if you decide to remove it or just place it on another spot on the wall!
November 19, 2013 at 8:08AM        Thanked by mommickey
mommickey
Looking for art for over the new couch. Any suggestions?
November 19, 2013 at 8:19AM     
I would paint. A dove gray see Benjamin Moore. Dark wood end tables with lamps. Just because you have can lights you still need lamps. For effect an light. Light in entry make sure not low, that door hits it. Go brush nickel. No clock, hang picture you have by TV there. Hang low, by window. Get a roman shades for all windows, go a print like chevron in black and white. Choose a accent color. With gray I like yellow or teal. Mix up pillows in accent plus gray and black. Add a big chair in a color. In front of window by sofa. Put a big round table next to it and put palm on top of it, in a ceramic pot in a accent color. A big art over sofa hang 6" from top of sofa. 40" Ikea has nice ones. Good price. Ck there for end tables and lamps. Add end table to,other end of sofa with lamp. Keep look modern. Same with area rug go grays. Add a big palm next to TV. Nothing on media. Maybe a floor mirror 6 ft and wide in dark frame. Just lean on wall on other side if TV. Ikea carries. Add some pots in white to coffee table. Or take mirror from over sofa and put by front door if room, if not try by window hang vertically.
November 19, 2013 at 8:35AM      Thanked by mommickey
Get rid of the blue walls looks like a baby's room color.
November 19, 2013 at 8:37AM      Thanked by mommickey
A wall mural behind TV wall would work. Do you own? If you don't. Don't spend the money. But a sky line is nice or trees. For art over a gray sofa, I like the black and white skyline of New York or London, with a red line in it. Very nice Ikea. Get it big. Don't do small items on any wall. Think scale. Big walls need big items etc.
November 19, 2013 at 8:41AM      Thanked by mommickey
Mark
Perhaps an abstract with colors that tie your carpet, sofa, tables and walls together.
November 19, 2013 at 8:41AM        Thanked by mommickey
What white item to left of sofa? Need more pics.
November 19, 2013 at 8:42AM        Thanked by mommickey
Put ottoman in another area. Just a tall 6 ft palm there in nice big pot Ikea sells or go faux. Pier one World Market all sell.
November 19, 2013 at 8:43AM      Thanked by mommickey
Beautiful Wall Decals
As far as artwork over the new couch goes, again decals are a great choice! It really depends on your own personal style & your vision for the room but you can find some of our best sellers here: http://www.beautifulwalldecals.com/best-sellers.html. Some of my favorites that I think would look good in your space are pictured. BWD allows you to choose the size, color, font, basically everything about the design so that you get what you want. We also offer personalization and our newest feature allows you to design your own decal so that if you can't find an existing one you want, you can still make your space beautiful!
November 19, 2013 at 8:47AM   
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
I have no problem with your wall color. It's just "lonely" because you haven't yet anchored it with stronger colors and patterns. Yobo had some excellent advice on textiles. Additionally, I'd bring in color and shine with decor objects. The attached art pieces by Simon Addyman are a possibility; I've seen them in person and they are pretty nice. Definitely a new entry light. I never leave a builder-type light in a home - there are too many inexpensive but stylish options available. Lighting is like the jewelry of your room and the right piece can provide real impact for a modest price. The one shown here, for example, is just 80 bucks.
November 19, 2013 at 9:08AM        Thanked by mommickey
novicenoodler
If you like the Navy curtains and want to keep the blue wall color, how about some pops of orange accents?
November 19, 2013 at 9:11AM        Thanked by mommickey
When you say rails do you mean on stairs. If you want modern go a stainless cable, with stainless hand, or black paint. Gray wall are the way to go. Not too dark. Area rugs big and color. All lights need to be modern in brush nickel. Like art ideas above. The teals are very nice for accent color.
November 19, 2013 at 10:08AM        Thanked by mommickey
yoboseiyo
ooh, yeah, if the herringbone makes your eyes go wonky, those are right out.
maybe look for a simple horizontal stripe in white and a dark navy instead.
November 19, 2013 at 10:10AM        Thanked by mommickey
Try gray owl I think is name. You need to go to paint store get sample cans and put on your own walls. Very hard to tell color on a computer. Only you will see true color. All the Moore shades are nice. The picture only needs to be centered over your sofa, not the whole wall you need end tables big and lamps that will fill wall better adding palms are good too in corners a 40x40 art is fine.
November 19, 2013 at 2:35PM      Thanked by mommickey
Put two accent chairs in a print by sofa float out from where white cab is. Don't think you need that with chairs.
November 19, 2013 at 2:37PM      Thanked by mommickey
mommickey
Which of these do you think will go best with my shade and couch? I am afraid of the dark grey may be to much with the shade and the couch all being dark and it only being a one window room. The paint will be changed to a light grey.
November 22, 2013 at 4:37PM   
need help for my living room
I need sipmle style to my living room
Cannot find a Sherwin Williams gray that looks gray.
I am trying to paint my home a light gray and have...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Color palette ideas for living room
We recently painted our living room accent wall with...
What kind of countertop is this in m/bath
What is the material on this countertop?