Bathroom remodel need advice please!!!
Paulette
I am considering putting these hexagon tiles on backsplash, and walls around the commode. I haven't seen much use of hexagons on walls mostly on floors. Is there a reason for this?
yoboseiyo
no reason that i know of. i like the hex tiles, myself.
November 19, 2013 at 1:44PM     
0825sam
Hexagons must be having a "moment". Someone just posted a very similar question about using it on the shower wall. I say go for it. Personally, I have hexagons (a mix of marble and limestone) as my kitchen backsplash and carrara on the floor of my shower. So apparently I cannot get enough :)
November 19, 2013 at 1:46PM     
0825sam
This is a link to the other discussion with some photos http://www.houzz.com/discussions/739913/Ensuite-Shower-Tile-Design---Hex-Marble-on
November 19, 2013 at 1:47PM   
angel23sim
I like them, we just did our bathroom and I covered my walls in metallic tiles :) You are the ONLY one who has to like the design, especially if you plan to live there for a while :)
November 19, 2013 at 1:49PM     
dclostboy
I put hex on the floor for traction in shower...large (8x16) tiles for the walls.
November 19, 2013 at 3:27PM     
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
If you like them then go for it, I think they are very nice and I like what your plans are for that tile.
November 19, 2013 at 3:29PM     
DMH DESIGN
I feel they are more common as a floor tile, but I have seen them used elsewhere in baths too. It is your space, so I suggest that you do as you like. Happy Houzzing.
November 19, 2013 at 3:33PM        Thanked by Paulette
Studio Q Designs
Depending on how large of an area you are covering, I see no reason not to if you like it. I would just like to mention that if you are using a tile with marble or granite (any natural stone really) you MUST seal the tile at least twice a year. Your sample looks like marble which has a tendency to stain under hard water conditions. Natural stone is porous and the sealer will help keep the tiles from getting stained over time and help with bacteria and mold. Hope that helps
November 19, 2013 at 3:34PM        Thanked by Paulette
What is the floor going to be? It may look too busy or "out of balance" if the floor is large scale tile and small hex on the wall. As Studio Q mentioned, the size of the area will be a factor too. Having said that, I think it could look very nice, depending on your other materials.
November 19, 2013 at 3:36PM     
There was another discussion with a homeowner who was very unhappy with the hex tiles on her floor. If they're not seen much on walls, it could be because they are very difficult to set. Having done my own hex-tile floor, I can't tell you how many times I had to pick up a sheet, clean it off, and reset it because I didn't get it straight. Every one of those tiles can shift.

Talk to an experienced tile setter about what it would take. I imagine it's doable. You might not like the price.
November 19, 2013 at 3:39PM     
Paulette
I have 12x12 inch ceramic tile picked out.
November 19, 2013 at 3:43PM   
Paulette
12x12for floor
November 19, 2013 at 3:43PM   
happyasaclam
Maybe a larger size hex would be easier to lay and look less busy than the quarter sized hexes. That's a lot of grouting!
November 19, 2013 at 4:07PM   
Alicia N.
I think that is a good choice for something simple and a flexible look. I've seen hexagon tiles on bathroom walls and I though that they were excutied very well.
November 19, 2013 at 4:58PM   
Need advice on bathroom remodel
We are planning on re-tiling our master bath and changing...
Need advice on bathroom remodel - using hardiebacker boards
Hey Guys, We are remodeling our bathroom and replacing...
Need advice for remodeling basement. PLEASE HELP!
I have no idea what to do with my basement!. I'm definitely...
need advice for a family bathroom, please
we have three sons............urinal?
Please help me designing my living room
Hi guys, I need help designing my living room. Facts: -...
Mission and rustic mix kitchen - island and cabinet help please
Thinking about doing either Cherry natural or Quartersawn...
I desperately need help with furniture placement!
I love my 20 year old oak furnture and smattering of...
Kitchen too Dark
My kitchen cabinets are cherry. My counters are black...