Exterior trim colors for brick home
welshrivas
I have a 1950's multi-colored brick cape cod home. Brick colors include yellows, oranges with a splash of deep rust. Yellow & orange bricks seem somewhat neutral in color - like they're toned down w/ gray or taupe. I love, love color but am struggling to find a way to bring right color/s to trim. I am beginning to wonder if I should stick w/ all white trim. It looks nice, classic, clean & matches the white vinyl windows. Yet I am drawn to color & creating a cozy, eye pleasing exterior look. Any suggestions? The color on front door is Ben Moore - Wolf Gray. I like it a lot yet am open to changes. Attached are 3 pics w/ white trim and 1 pic attempting to add trim color to lower level - Sherw Williams HC8 Dorset Gold.
motownmom
I have bricks in a similar color (1960's brick quad) and my roof is probably the same color, or close. When I moved in the trim was all dark brown and I felt that dated the house.

I ended up painting the trim in a color very close to the bricks, and love that much better. I think when the trim, bricks and roof are in similar tones it makes the house look more "modern" and pulled together.
0 Likes   Thanked by welshrivas    November 19, 2013 at 2:00PM
motownmom
Sorry, meant to add a picture.
0 Likes   November 19, 2013 at 2:07PM
welshrivas
Thanks for insight, Motownmom. I think I will live that a try. We are replacing our roof & soon. Do I keep the gutters white or paint them the same color as the trim? Hmmmm. As an FYI, Below is a picture w/ my house in all white trim - it didn't seem to have attached on my original posting.
0 Likes   November 19, 2013 at 7:00PM
Need help picking out a color for our living room, dining room and kit
We are looking to paint our living room, dining room,...
Plank wall bedroom -- color scheme & furniture ideas?
We have this beautiful plank wall in our bedroom, inspired...
Need help with colours - I'm clueless
Hi all! Need help with color for my partner's and...
Nice cherry kitchen cabinets but they are too dark! White paint??
We have lived in our house 11 years now and I've enjoyed...
How "Real" are Home Improvement Reality Shows?
Most folks begin planning a remodeling project by watching...