HELP Living/Dining ideas!
vdenha
November 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have an open living/dining room and putting all new furniture in it? I want to do a gray and slate blue color scheme but how would i separate the two rooms nicely and get a sectional or sofas? This photo is from the listing
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
Hello. Your home has an open floor plan, I would design with that in mind. Based on the photos, you could do several things. You could buy a sofa and angle it with the fireplace wall. Add chairs to the left and right of sofa and a large coffee table. A sectional would also work.
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 12:22PM
zemptron
Are the current drapes staying with the house? If so, drapes can be expensive, and if you can make use of the ones currently in place, you might want to take the shade of green here and use it as a starting point.

As for layout, you could also consider putting the couch to the left with an attractive console table behind it (functional space between the two rooms, and depending on the display, could also help separate the two), with two chairs on the other side. If you go with 2 chairs, I would choose something that does not have a very heavy floor print.
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 12:32PM
zemptron
This homeowner on Houzz found two chairs on craigslist and had them recovered in a fabric they liked. I think something similar to this would work well... nice airy space below the upholstered portion of the chair, but still a good sized chair).

0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 12:37PM
PRO
Your Space Furniture - Custom Upholstered Sofas
IMO, both sectional and two sofas will work well. Two sofas will make your room look more formal. Here is a few style suggestions. Bright colorful Tuxedo style sofas will look the best. Maybe match them to the draperies...
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 3:55PM
anne dee
inspiration pic for furniture placement taking into consideration the corner fp in yr posted pics

0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 4:10PM
decoenthusiaste
One or two sofas and a pair of chairs are much more flexible than a sectional. I love curved sofas. You may have space to set up a back to back sofa situation. If so, try putting TV on a credenza on the wall opposite the windows and fp. One sofa would face it and the other would face the FP side of the room. Would suggest closing the pass through to the dining/kitchen so you have a place for a buffet and stunning mirror to double an upgraded chandy.
Memphis Curved Sofa
Traditional Family Room Joel Sectional
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 4:57PM
PRO
bulky high back sofa in the middle of the room will make the room look crowded. that is why 30" high tuxedo couch might be a solution. it can be made with decorative back and sides like here
1 Like   December 19, 2013 at 7:38PM
PRO
Here is a picture of Charleston Sofa (From 1299.00) @ http://yourspacefurniture.com/
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 10:33PM