HELP Living/Dining ideas!
vdenha
I have an open living/dining room and putting all new furniture in it? I want to do a gray and slate blue color scheme but how would i separate the two rooms nicely and get a sectional or sofas? This photo is from the listing
Liza Jane Interiors
Hello. Your home has an open floor plan, I would design with that in mind. Based on the photos, you could do several things. You could buy a sofa and angle it with the fireplace wall. Add chairs to the left and right of sofa and a large coffee table. A sectional would also work.
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 12:22PM
zemptron
Are the current drapes staying with the house? If so, drapes can be expensive, and if you can make use of the ones currently in place, you might want to take the shade of green here and use it as a starting point.

As for layout, you could also consider putting the couch to the left with an attractive console table behind it (functional space between the two rooms, and depending on the display, could also help separate the two), with two chairs on the other side. If you go with 2 chairs, I would choose something that does not have a very heavy floor print.
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 12:32PM
zemptron
This homeowner on Houzz found two chairs on craigslist and had them recovered in a fabric they liked. I think something similar to this would work well... nice airy space below the upholstered portion of the chair, but still a good sized chair).

0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 12:37PM
Your Space Furniture - Custom Upholstered Sofas
IMO, both sectional and two sofas will work well. Two sofas will make your room look more formal. Here is a few style suggestions. Bright colorful Tuxedo style sofas will look the best. Maybe match them to the draperies...
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 3:55PM
anne dee
inspiration pic for furniture placement taking into consideration the corner fp in yr posted pics

0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 4:10PM
One or two sofas and a pair of chairs are much more flexible than a sectional. I love curved sofas. You may have space to set up a back to back sofa situation. If so, try putting TV on a credenza on the wall opposite the windows and fp. One sofa would face it and the other would face the FP side of the room. Would suggest closing the pass through to the dining/kitchen so you have a place for a buffet and stunning mirror to double an upgraded chandy.
Memphis Curved Sofa
Traditional Family Room Joel Sectional
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 4:57PM
bulky high back sofa in the middle of the room will make the room look crowded. that is why 30" high tuxedo couch might be a solution. it can be made with decorative back and sides like here
1 Like   December 19, 2013 at 7:38PM
Here is a picture of Charleston Sofa (From 1299.00) @ http://yourspacefurniture.com/
0 Likes   Thanked by vdenha    December 19, 2013 at 10:33PM
HELP! Blended living/dining room needs a color overhaul. Ideas?
I just received a gorgeous custom painted sign for...
Alicia Cardenas
Please help! Need design ideas for formal living/dining spaces
Hi Houzzers! I NEED YOUR HELP! We moved into our...
Anila Ahmed
kmasj
wall ideas what to paint, living/dining combo
Just removed 15 year old wallpaper, any ideas of how...
mrsfixitright
Looking for ideas to enhance Ikea furnished living/dining room
Open lr/dr. Black/brown wood table, chairs, book cases,...
Linda White
Need Help matching this Goldenrod sofa
I purchased this new set, The picture is going it does...
Debra Zarkivach
Need help with kitchen floor!
Hi. We are moving into a 73 year old cape cod home...
klrademacher
Need help picking colors to go with Heathered Moss Hardie siding
We are renovating a house in Bethany Beach, DE. The...
jlo3603
Buckram or no buckram
I have four glass sliding doors in a sun room. We are...
marakatz
Bathroom Trends
Your bathroom is your own personal sanctuary. A place...
Meister Construction Ltd