Recommend me a timeless upholstered bed color?
B
I would like to buy a tufted, upholstered bed for our master bedroom, but am unsure of what color to go for. I am thinking of a 56" tall bed with side returns (wingback style). What color do you think would work best with our Whisper White walls and orange/brown timber floor? Below is a photo of our timber floor and the dimensions of our room. The bed I've drawn is in King size.
B
Here are some photos out our poorly styled bedroom as it is at the moment. The ikea dressing table will stay, but the bed, bedside tables and lamps will all go!
0 Likes   November 20, 2013 at 1:53AM
Anne Dykstra
First thing you need to do is to decide on an overall plan for the room, then with in that plan the color will develop. Can you change the paint if you want to? Find a rooms you love, doesn't have to be bedrooms, just first go for a feel or a mood, or the colors, or something in the picture you liked and collect those pictures. Soon you'll be able to see a pattern develop of what you like and what fabrics to use on the drapes and bedspread. You'll need to consider something for the floor as well. The window is beautiful, did you have ideas on that? You'll need to balance the drama from the window and the big head board. When choosing colors consider how much sun the room gets and when, and how much do you like having? Sorry, but in my opinion, there's more to just picking the fabric for the headboard, it all needs to work together unless you go with a plain camel color, or black.
0 Likes   Thanked by B    November 20, 2013 at 2:49AM
The bedroom set looks quite timeless in the photos.
0 Likes   Thanked by B    November 20, 2013 at 5:38AM
B
Sorry, should have mentioned. We are getting plantation shutters for the window.
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 1:11AM
B
Which of these three colors would you suggest, if any?
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 1:12AM
B
@Dytecture you are too kind :)
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 1:15AM
I love the grey anthracite.
1 Like   November 21, 2013 at 1:21AM
chookchook2
Choose patterned fabrics first for other things, then decide if they have grey, or beige undertones in the colours.
1 Like   November 21, 2013 at 2:23AM
B
I much prefer grey to beige.
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 11:56PM
B
If I go with the one on the left, can I still have black accents? What about navy, yellow or charcoal?

I am thing of a rug and lamps and throw but not sure what would and wouldn't go with grey...
0 Likes   November 22, 2013 at 12:09AM
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
Looking for discontinued king bed
Hi everyone, Little did I know that when we bought...
lauraegooch
Big blank brick wall.
What should I do with this big blank space?
newburblivin
need help with a rug in living room
grey sectional, black round coffee table, red womb...
digitaldoodle
Should I case the windows or not?
We are about to put in new trim and window casings...
erodg