Window dilemma
Sue Chartrand
Here is my living room bay window. Just had new floors put in and new paint on the walls now it's time for curtions I'm not sure witch ones to get I want to put sheers and not sure if just panels one each side will be ok or should I get something with a valance I do want them to be white cause of all the dark colors I have all ready and our new furniture is coming and it's a chocolate Color
lin15
I'm not sure what color your walls are, it hard to tell in the photo. I would definitely not put white drapery in your warm toned room, they would become the focal point. I think wooden blinds inside your bay window in a natural tone would work well along with a drapery panel ( heavy fabrics) on either side of your window on a chunky decorative rod. When your chocolate furniture arrives be sure to add pops of color perhaps in color.
November 20, 2013 at 9:32pm     
MarleneM
Here is a link to some sheers st Bed Bath Beyong that have a brown swirl in them. They come in natural, which would be better then white. http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/191027118951g?qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bilin&id=4taTd3&hei=527&wid=527&fmt=png-alpha

Hang on single rod like in the picture, and then some shades on each window. Wood or sheer shades would work.
]
November 20, 2013 at 10:18pm     
Sue Chartrand
The Color on the walls is a dark plum with the white trim here is a pic of the other side of the living room our old couch is there now .
We live in the country just off the highway it's not too busy and it's far enough away from the house so we like to look out the windows see the birds in the feeders and any other animals that might pass through and it's facing north so there is not a lot of sun but the light that comes from both the living room and kitchen is great I don't want to really cover it up just want a little privacy so people can't see into our home as they pass by at night.
Thank you for your ideas and I'll check out bed and bath when I get to the city
November 21, 2013 at 4:19pm     
MarleneM
Sue ,I read you can order online from them, and then they send a prepaid return label with every order. I seen a quilt I like on the site, and I'm considering because the ones I have ordered from Sears just aren't what I'm looking for.
I read in one of your posts, you live in AB. I'm in rural Sask, so I do order online a lot. Never any problems.
My livingroom is painted a dk red/burgundy. I have thought of repainting lighter, but I still just love it. We mainly use the room for watching TV and its so cozy. I have ivory side panels, and tan leather furniture.
Happy decorating!
November 21, 2013 at 9:12pm   
LB Interiors
I would do this treatment.

November 21, 2013 at 9:59pm     
LB Interiors
Other than sheers, since they would maybe be stationary. You could add all these colors in sofa pillows.

November 21, 2013 at 10:08pm     
LB Interiors
I would paint the smoke alarm? plum to disappear in the wall.
November 21, 2013 at 10:15pm     
Sue Chartrand
the white things on the wall are the central air outlets I have them all over the house my husband said the same thing maybe later right now I don/t mind them cause all the light swiches are white and I did just clean them all up and got all the paint I put on them when I attemped painting the house. I,m so glade my husband hirered someone to repaint the house it looks so much better
November 22, 2013 at 5:58am     
Paris Flea
I would choose shutters...
November 22, 2013 at 8:42am   
Amy Cali
I love LB's suggestions. Moveable panels to soften the ends and in between. Hung high and to the floor. Also love the plum ikat for the pillows :)
November 22, 2013 at 8:46am     
Sue Chartrand
Thank you all for your ideas love them all when I get the room togeather ill post a pic just so you know I'm not going with the white curtion I was planing on in the beginning
November 22, 2013 at 12:57pm     
Pacific Coast Drapery Manufacturing
The easy way to do this is to mount panels outside and above the bay to accent your height like the picture above. Warming up the windows and with a sheer mounted at the ceiling inside the bay or about 3/4" up on the window will address the cold black look you get at night.

Finally roman shades at the ceiling inside the bay or roller shades will work well inside as well. The wood blinds of course work however they don't raise and lower well and currently we aren't doing many of them out here in California.
November 22, 2013 at 1:12pm   
LB Interiors
You can use your sheers also to soften the windows as "Pacific Coast' mentioned and the ikat side panels.
November 22, 2013 at 11:54pm   
LB Interiors
Most of us are okay with white switchplates, but vents and anything else becomes distracting and too obvious especially when the walls are painted with a high contrast color.
November 22, 2013 at 11:57pm   
touchadream
Cream colored burlap makes a great drape, textural, inexpensive, unexpected, has good body. Long lined panels would be beautiful. You can sew to rings, or use clip rings for more casual look. Skinny rod. If you want a dressier look, you can door 3/4 burlap and the top 1/4 in silk, same color, also an awesome look.
November 23, 2013 at 2:55am   
Window dilemma
Building a new house. Would it be a mistake to put...
Window covering dilemma
Any suggestions on how to deal with window covering...
Curtain dilemma: gap from top of windows (2) to crown increases
I have 2 windows in guest bedroom that are same size...
Bay window dilemma......
Yes, I have thought about a window seat.....currently...
Double dilemma! Fireplace and window fabric ideas needed - thanks!
Hi! 1. Once the clutter is cleared above the fireplace,...
Landscape Retaining wall & Outdoor BBQ
Would like to create this area with perennials and...
Your best advice to keep slugs at bay
Few things are as annoying as slugs. They're a gardener's...
Need help with dining room
I am currently using our garden furniture, not sure...