Help w this weird living entry space
brittanyeliseanderson
My living room is the entry way! Help I don't know how to make this space function as our main living room but also our entry. The problem I'm having is the front door placement it's smack dab splitting the space but when divided its not big enough for function - help!! Here's a few pics and rough idea of measurements. As far as furniture we are getting rid of everything but the tufted chairs and the coffee table - but it i had to change them out for sake of function that would be ok! Please help w tv placement sofa size accent tables etc. also what about a rug I'm worried it won't wear nicely with the 50/50 division in the room maybe 2? Also this room has zero overhead lighting - we need lamps
halfpint2
Can you post a couple of photos? Thanks!
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 3:45PM
brittanyeliseanderson
Ahhh no photos posted
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 3:54PM
brittanyeliseanderson
More
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 3:54PM
How many people do you want to seat and how do you plan to use the space? Do you have another family/tv room?
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 4:05PM
Paris Flea
I see the problem - too much seating and mixed furniture. Float the sofa - one of them in front of the fireplace and two chairs that go with the sofa you choose on either side of the fireplace. On the other side of the room behind the floating sofa put two chairs and a small table to create a foyer effect .
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 8:53PM
brittanyeliseanderson
I'm not keeping any of the furniture except the tufted chairs
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 8:57PM
LB Interiors
Are you going for a certain basic style?
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 9:24PM
LB Interiors
Place TV over the fireplace mantle. I would use the two chairs at the fireplace. Create a sofa grouping on the other side. Same as original photos.
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 9:27PM
KShoa
Are you keeping those columns? They seem so out of place there. In fact, if you remove that whole wall between the entry/living space and the dining room, you'll have a lot more flexibility.
0 Likes   November 21, 2013 at 11:26PM
olldroo
Darcy asked the question as to how many people you are accommodating and how you want to use the space. Knowing this would help a lot. I'm not sure how much space you have in the entry room, but would you consider swapping rooms and use the dining room for a sitting room and move your dining setting to one side of the entry room.

The two small tub chairs could stay near the fireplace for a quiet reading/conversation area.
0 Likes   November 22, 2013 at 12:57AM
brittanyeliseanderson
The column are staying - we got married under them... So no changing that. This room is our entry living and family room so TV watching and conversation will happen here we need to seat 6-8 our dining set probably wouldn't fit if u swapped the rooms and divided the entry gl one side and the dining to the other
0 Likes   November 22, 2013 at 6:12AM
yoboseiyo
leave the tufted chairs at the fireplace, but get a textured rug for under them.

the area with the sofa? flip the position of the sofa so that it backs to the center of the room, and either use the trunk as media storage, or see about getting a smaller table/ottoman.
hang the tv on that wall if it's a flat screen, and add shelves and photos on the wall. black or dark grey frames. it'll make the tv seem a little smaller on that wall, because it won't be the only black/dark item there.

if you get a new sofa, stay with the scale that it currently is, not much larger.
you could probably do a (very small) sectional with a chaise attachment and only 1 chair, but i would probably just get a regular sofa and 2 small armchairs.

put a thin console table on the back of the sofa to serve as a drop zone.

if you have some room, add a couple of ceramic garden stools or poufs over on the fireplace side, so that you reach your 8-10 seats need.
0 Likes   November 22, 2013 at 6:41AM
yoboseiyo
p.s., i love those columns. they're awesome.
1 Like   November 22, 2013 at 6:41AM
Need help with this weird space in my fiance's living room
There is a space 28.5" high waste is space under the...
HELP ME DESIGN MY SMALL ENTRY LIVING SPACE
I need help with designing this space. I want to make...
Help for an entry/ living space
I live in a three story townhouse. The first floor,...
Weird Space off Living Room
I have 6'x7' nook off my liviing room. It has a gas...
Coretec Luxury Vinyl Tile
Does anyone have experience with this wood-look plank...
Still undecided on backsplash
Glass tile or Subway. Add an accent piece or not??...
Living Room advice, next step?
The couch needs new pillows, and I would like a new...
does anyone hate hardwood floors in their kitchen?
Trying to decide if hardwood kitchen floors will be...
paint job gone wrong
help i recently painted a room but the feature wall...