Need help to find curtains for kitchen windows
Sarah Parker
I would like to add some curtains to our windows in the kitchen. The windows are south facing and we like the sun coming in but at the same time the windows look a bit boring. Any ideas to spice it up a bit ? I am grateful for any ideas, thank you.
mkreno
I would do some wood slat blinds to make it easy to shade when the sun is too bright. Then a mostly solid color curtain (in between each window) coordinating with an accent from the room would be best. Anything with a lot of design can be distracting in a open kitchen dining area so be careful. The curtains could be hung on rings or you can find corner rod connectors to put a full rod around if you'd prefer that.
November 23, 2013 at 12:01PM      Thanked by Sarah Parker
Remote Stylist
first question - do you want to block the view? You can't do panels due to baseboard heater so cool print on romans would be great for visual interest if you don't need to anything but interest. If you do on the other hand i'd do white shutters.
November 23, 2013 at 12:41PM   
Sarah Parker
no we do not want block out the view or the sun, the way it is I find it very boring and just looking for something to give it some colour, just don't know how to accomplish that idea.
November 23, 2013 at 1:54PM   
Remote Stylist
add roman blinds in a fun print - hard to tell from pic but is there any accent colour minus what looks like kids table in the area.

Quick visual
(tried to grab kitchen bay - not a great example but i think you'll get the idea!)

We have loads of fabric on remotestylist.com and can send samples to your door etc.
1. need direction on what colours you like or would work in space.
2. where are you (zip fine)
3. can you quickly measure windows so we can figure out how much fabric you need
4. do you have a local seamstress

if email easier kelly@remotestylist.com
November 23, 2013 at 10:05PM     
ResCom Designs
Spice it up!! Ok how about a Damask roller? You can also use any printed roller to add some spice to the windows/room. The attached pictures show both damask a printed rollers
November 25, 2013 at 12:26PM      Thanked by Sarah Parker
Vent and Cover
What about a new heater cover?
November 27, 2013 at 3:57PM      Thanked by Sarah Parker
Judiwithani
Roman blinds as shown in Remote Stylist post. You have the perfect window for them.
November 27, 2013 at 7:02PM      Thanked by Sarah Parker
libratravel
How about a cordless woven roman? Levolor makes some nice ones. I am considering their rattan in latte.
November 27, 2013 at 7:06PM      Thanked by Sarah Parker
Is it even worth it? Screen porch and return on investment. I'd love y
I would really like a screened in porch. We have an...
Difficult living room layout
I have a long and narrow living room with way too many...
Book shelf. Sad situation.
Hired someone to build a shelving system and to also...
Foyer lighting
Does this large pendant look good as foyer lighting?...
Kitchen design
Need help decorating my kitchen. This open space leads...