Help with family room furniture and finishing touches!
coopersmamma
I need help with furniture choices for my family room. I am keeping the couch, coffee table and side table, the rest is going! I have a 3 yr old and a yellow lab so it needs to be family friendly and hard wearing. I love beachy style, modern clean lines...HELP ME!
Julie Welch
Love seat under window with drapes, pull drapes to one side and swag. Lose all the clutter in front of TV , pull coffee table to off center in fron of couch or place center in front of love seat.
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 12:28PM
Julie Welch
Flip hanging lamp with table and lamp.
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 12:29PM
Julie Welch
I wish I could just pop over and do it you have too much furniture lose the chair and pull the ottoman out for use!
1 Like   November 23, 2013 at 12:32PM
abbyjean
Is there a way to move the couch away from the window and have the window open? Wih a room this size, THAT will make the room feel larger, too.
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 12:39PM
coopersmamma
Here are the extra pictures. I am getting rid of the armchair and ottoman cause they are just too big....soooo comfortable, I'll miss them! As for a budget, I haven't really set one. I do not want to spend a lot on expensive pieces with a wild nearly 3yr old!
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 1:02PM
janeinfo
I know armoires are outdated now, but I think you need to search on craigslist for one and then paint it a "antique whitel" color. Place it across from your sofa and put your tv and baskets full of 3 year old's stuff in there. Then, purchase two club chairs and place them at right angles with your sofa. I would get two updated lamps and place them on tables either side of your sofa . Anchor the armoire with a contemporary piece of artwork. Love your room!
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 2:36PM
Let's make this simple. Take everything out of the room- everything. Roll out a sea grass rug if it so appeals to you, and put back ONLY the things that must stay. Take a new pic and we can go from there. Are you willing?
1 Like   November 23, 2013 at 2:45PM
kristylou
A jute and chenille rug will be soft but beachy. (The one pictured is from Target.) If you don't close your curtains, try roman shades in wicker style. If you do close them, I'd go with light panels and still do roman shades. The pillow you can paint easy enough. I'd paint walls BM Blue Grass. I love this style and will be back with more ideas. Let me know if I'm on the right track or not...........
1 Like   November 23, 2013 at 8:18PM
kristylou
You said coffee table is staying. Maybe some baskets for under it for kid storage?
1 Like   November 23, 2013 at 8:21PM
kristylou
Paint some pallet boards which are popular now in this style. Even your 3 year old could help!
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 8:23PM
coopersmamma
Wow! I am loving all these ideas! Thank you so much. Janeinfo and Kristylou, these are definitely the ideas I am looking for. :)
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 9:15PM
kristylou
It's not beachy but I've come to love stripes and I love navy and aqua or seafoam together. That along with some coral color? You can even make the curtains cheap if you needed to for the budget. An old dresser painted would give you storage if used as a tv stand. Lots of ppl have done that though (ty Pinterest!) so you may not like it.
2 Likes   November 24, 2013 at 7:15AM
kristylou
OK I will stop until I hear back from you. You may not be going for matchy, theme type decor at all and if not I don't want to hog your post. :)
0 Likes   November 24, 2013 at 7:26AM
coopersmamma
I saw these two different chairs at World Market today....there is a 25% off coupon and additional 10% off, so they are really reasonable. Would love some feedback? The patterns are both bold....
0 Likes   November 24, 2013 at 3:23PM
kristylou
Not loving those. The first one seems too "formal" for beach theme and the second is just super bright. BUT it's your house! How about this? http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Mattie-Tufted-Slipper-Blue-Cream-Stripe-Chair/6007141/product.html?refccid=257KYQQ2HXHKXESL63BKFW6LQI&searchidx=250
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 8:58PM
kristylou
Now, with that said, if you want to forget the beachy idea, I love the second chair! :)
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 9:22PM
sinofaucet
this door curtain will be matchable with your balcony.
0 Likes   November 26, 2013 at 9:39PM
kristylou
I'm curious too what's happened! :)
0 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 9:58AM
Salih Narman
Hello a kilim rug would spice things up too, I am offering a good collection of colorful kilim rugs that would look great in this room. Check out my online store to have an alternative idea: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurkishCraftsArts
0 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 1:12PM
Your Space Furniture - Custom Upholstered Sofas
Here is a few suggestions. If you are looking for a slipcovered chairs, we can pretty much build anything you like.

Over 60 Chair styles here http://yourspacefurniture.com/products/chairs-mi?lang=en&limit=20&limitstart=0
0 Likes   December 20, 2013 at 9:30AM
Crypton Home
Crypton Home fabric would be a great option for a sofa for your family! Our fabric is stain, moisture, and odor resistant and can be found at Calico Corners. Here is a link to a video to find out more: http://www.cryptonathome.com/CryptonHome-Fabric
0 Likes   February 3, 2014 at 9:45AM
Help with finishing touches for new family room?
Hi Houzzers... Our family completed an addition last...
lcmorse02
Help with family room decor, finishing touches
The family room is the place our family of 5 (kids...
stevenconnor
PLEASE HELP! Finishing touches needed for family room
Finishing our family room remodel. We need to get rid...
Aliza Goldsmith
Need help for family room..finishing touches..
We are looking at either adding built ins beside the...
Christina DiCosmo
Help with finishing touches in dining and family room
Visiting sister in law for thanksgiving and admiring...
stephmal
Need help for Kitchen - what should I do?
What should be done in my kitchen to get cosy athmosphere....
Rok
What color should I paint my wall?
I want to paint my big empty white wall and kindly...
Hamid
Who's my candidate?
I'm so so ready to decorate someone house!! I live...
Erica Heard
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
We want cork flooring that looks like concrete flooring. Ideas?
Hi all, We are redesigning our office. We would love...
Jessica Althoff