Space Above Cabinets
Daphne M
We are a few weeks away from closing on our new house and are trying to figure out what to do to decorate between the top of the kitchen cabinets and the ceiling. Any ideas are appreciated. I do not like fake plants though, so we will avoid those. We prefer very clean, modern designs.
Judiwithani
You like a clean look, would leave it as is. Personally, I think some under counter lighting and subtle lights above would help. Beautiful kitchen and large, but not getting a lot of natural light with the one window, just a thought.
4 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 2:11PM
Michael Lee, Inc
Don't put anything on top of your cabinetry! Use lighting above the under the upper cabinets to brighten up the room and give drama in the room. looks clean and I would keep it looking like that
3 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 2:14PM
cecnolan
I think it may look nice to have some modern, clean, white pottery (similar to your pendant lights) on top of the cabinets. Simple, not distracting but brightens the space.
0 Likes   November 23, 2013 at 2:17PM
armipeg
Leave it as is. Like the light ideas of Judiwithani and Michael Lee, Inc.
1 Like   November 24, 2013 at 9:10PM
Hammonds Paints Ballarat
The moment you put something on top of those high cabinets, it will just collect dust and need to be cleaned often because it will get filthy. Im in agreeance with Judiwithani and Michael Lee Inc. Clean is so much better than clutered.

Plus you have to think practical as well. Less to clean means less time cleaning!
3 Likes   November 24, 2013 at 9:35PM
The Wiese Company
Leave it open :) Gives it a nice, clean & modern look!
1 Like   November 25, 2013 at 5:30AM
tennisanyone
Put nothing on top if you like clean and modern.
1 Like   November 25, 2013 at 5:45AM
PirateFoxy
If you absolutely MUST put something up there (which I kind of agree just means more work cleaning and dusting) then if you like art glass it could be a nice display area if you add some lighting to make the glass glow.

Don't think it's particularly necessary, though - I think right now it just looks a bit like an empty space waiting for something to fill it because there's nothing lower to catch your attention like furniture or any color on the counter tops (things you might normally have out in a kitchen - small appliances, bowl of fruit, those kinds of things.)
0 Likes   November 25, 2013 at 9:04AM
Luciana
I have a red cow on top of mine...
2 Likes   November 25, 2013 at 9:14AM
In Style Modern
What luciana did with hers is a good idea. There's something that serves as an interest piece but it's still minimalist. Nice job! Also your kitchen is beautiful :)
1 Like   December 1, 2013 at 7:57PM
hayleydaniels
Do you want to put something up there? If so, you might use it to display things you collect. I put my can collection up there to add warmth and funkiness to the room. I will warm you that if you don't get up there every month and dust, you're going to end up with a layer of grime that's tough to remove.
0 Likes   December 1, 2013 at 8:08PM
PirateFoxy
@haleydaniels - Once on moving into a house (rental) I found a tray of what had once been fresh snap peas up there on top of the cabinets. The mind boggles.

@Luciana - I love that. It's totally in keeping with the space, but also interesting and fun when you spot it. :)
1 Like   December 1, 2013 at 8:41PM
sieglerdesign
Light....I'd have light up there....I have about 3 ideas I'd work through if my kitchen. Might introduce a modern art element too but, depends how lighting works out. Will post if my concept has legs.
0 Likes   December 1, 2013 at 8:49PM
I need help for my old wood floor
I what to paint a wood floor need help and ideas
select tile
need help on bathroom color floor tile shower tile...
Help! Why is this happening?
I sanded my solid oak cabinet doors (over 40 years...
Moving and want to take bedroom chandelier.
We are moving and want to take our bedroom chandelier...
Need help identifying this baby furniture item?
A friend gave this to me and told me it was a walker...