Blanco Silgranit sinks
jhr53189
We are considering Blanco Silgranit for our kitchen sink. I am looking for comments on quality reliability vs stainless steel
John James O'Brien - Design for Inspired Living
We have installed these and the initial look is beautiful--ongoing it is all about some care in use and maintenance. I prefer stainless steel to virutally anything else and like an undermount in the kitchen. I would use a Blanco in specific circumstances,.
November 23, 2013 at 9:34pm   
caymanbaby29
We had one of those granite sinks in our last house. I'm sure it looked beautiful when it was brand new. But holy smokes I cursed that thing almost every day. It was black and always looked chalky. I cleaned that thing like a madwoman all the time and the only thing that made it black again was oil. Mineral or baby. Perhaps there is a better way to do it, but that was my experience. So I guess it depends how much work you want to do in order to get a certain look, as it did look nice when oiled up. Just my two cents, for what its worth!
November 23, 2013 at 9:44pm   
justine7700
Did you have hard water? Or was it their first version (I think the current one is the second generation)? This is the first bad review I have ever heard of a dark colored Silgranit sink.
November 23, 2013 at 9:56pm   
caymanbaby29
We were on a rural well, and the water wasn't the greatest for sure. I'm not sure how old it was as it was in the house when we bought it. So either thing could have been the problem. Or maybe I had a dud. In any case, I know a few people who love theirs. (Throw up my hands) lol. Just building a house now and we went with stainless. So easy to clean and won't ever go out of style. Good luck with your kitchen!!
November 23, 2013 at 10:26pm   
Debp
I had a dark brown one in my last house and I loved it. I did dry it out to keep it from water spotting; I dry my stainless sinks too. I am weird that way! . Blanco makes a cleaner for colored sinks that works well.
November 23, 2013 at 10:34pm   
karemore55
I have the Silgranit sink in the truffle color and absolutely love it! I think it shows less water spots than SS (actually I don't notice them at all), and it is quieter than SS as well. I don't think I could ever go back to SS, come,to think of it!
November 23, 2013 at 11:00pm     
jhr53189
We have a well and hard water issue so maintenance and long term is a concern. Our designer suggests that should not be a problem
November 24, 2013 at 7:51am   
Kitchen Dilemma
We are renting this home therefore I am stuck with...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
need help choosing countertops
White cultured marble or Giallo ornamental granite...
need help picking a porcelain tile color for kitchen
In the photo you will see the color of the kitchen...
Are you Houzzing in the UK? Come and say hi!
I thought it would be nice to get to know you better...