What's your fridge organization system? - Share it!
Have you figured out a way to make your refrigerator function like the well oiled machine it should be?
Organization is half the battle!

Share your tips for keeping your fridge organized in your house. (Photos encouraged)

dclostboy
I must share that all label need to be facing forward and equally aligned...imagine soda cans that look like soldiers in formation :)
November 24, 2013 at 2:52pm        Thanked by Emily Hurley
chookchook2
I go shopping more often, like the French. Makes for fresher food and run into friends for a chat. Also run into creditors and have to pay them all the money in my purse. Hmm. Must get a bigger fridge!
November 24, 2013 at 3:16pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
Myriam Lluria
I organize by shelf. Top shelf is breakfast food, like almond or coconut milk, yogurts and fruit, middle shelf is lunch and dinner foods, third shelf is grains and breads, etc. and then the drawers for produce. Very simple.
November 24, 2013 at 5:27pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
chookchook2
Never put dripping raw meat above other items.
November 24, 2013 at 5:35pm        Thanked by Emily Hurley
breadangel
I shop frequently and do not keep much food in my refrigerator. But I do store my flours and various stages of preferments for my artisan bread.
November 24, 2013 at 7:41pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
gerrysgirls
I put raw meat in a rectangular plastic bin. It contains any drips and is easy to clean.
November 24, 2013 at 7:48pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
condomary
I have more fridge than I have food so it doesn't need much organizing. I too like to shop more than once a week. Some think this way of shopping is not cost effective but I would rather shop more often than throw stuff out I didn't use.
November 24, 2013 at 8:03pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
Barnhart Gallery
Items most frequently used get best real estate.

However, quite unfortunately in the freezer, the therapeutic ice packs are breeding, despite the dedicated bin taking up a full shelf of prime real estate that's dedicated only to them. Somehow (living with a house full of guys), when I open the door for some Trader Joe's multigrain rice, instead I find an ice pack stuffed at the front of every shelf with a half empty ice pack tray still taking up an entire shelf.
November 24, 2013 at 8:46pm        Thanked by Emily Hurley
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Dairy on one shelf, prepared or left overs on another shelf, staples (eggs, tortillas, etc) on anther shelf, milk in the door, condiments in the door.
Freezer is fruit and veg in one basket, meat in another basket, prepared foods on shelves.
November 24, 2013 at 9:00pm        Thanked by Emily Hurley
calmsea
Good lighting is needed to properly ascertain the exact mold developing without opening the door.
November 25, 2013 at 7:29am        Thanked by Emily Hurley
bubblyjock
I've started using those plastic drawers, which seems to help. All dairy goes in the veg drawers at the bottom, and all veg go at eye level, so I don't forget what I bought.
November 25, 2013 at 1:48pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
rosecafe
Eggs & wines in the door trays, beer at the bottom. In between it's anyones' guess. Mrs Rose cannot be trained in the home : (
November 25, 2013 at 1:49pm      Thanked by Emily Hurley
I find that anything that gets put in drawers gets forgotten about, with the exception of bacon, because who can ever forget there is bacon in the fridge?
December 2, 2013 at 9:09am   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Bedroom privacy window help!
We just moved into an old house with lots of character....
Bleached wood throughout!
I have bleached wood doors and trim throughout my 3,500...
How can I pull this room together?
What should I add or take away? Is this too much turquoise?...
Living Room: Something is Missing...
Just moved from a 1BR apt to a 3 bedroom house. I am...