Who ya gonna call?
mrsclark
November 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have master bath that really needs a total gut and redo, including raising the floor and possibly ceiling and roof. The bathroom was added on by previous owners in the 60-70's. They put it on top of a concrete patio and turned large den into master suite. There is a step down into room but it is a larger step down than standard and the ceilinf and roof are also lower.

The room is slightly larger than they standard bathroom also so I think we could reconfigure where things are placed.

So to do all of this, who do I call first, a designer or contractor? I can pick my finishes and whatnot without a designer but the configuration I need help with.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
A designer would be able to narrow down some layout options before finding contractors to bid on the project.
November 25, 2013 at 7:34am        Thanked by mrsclark
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
A design/build firm can assist you with the design as they will know the relative cost of various options before you get married into one particular plan.
November 25, 2013 at 7:41am   
PRO
OnePlan
You could use a concept planner http://www.houzz.com/pro/oneplan/oneplan
December 5, 2013 at 9:32am     
PRO
Hart STUDIO LLC
If you are only changing finishes and moving fixtures around, I'd suggest a designer with NKBA experience. If you are making structural changes such as raising the floor and roof lines, I'd suggest an architect who specializes in residential remodeling; they will have knowledge of local codes and will coordinate all spheres of work from engineering to finishes.
December 5, 2013 at 11:17am   
More Discussions
need help with paint color for a transitional home white floors
Need help with paint color espresso cabinets and white...
Black interior doors
I have a long hallway with several doors on either...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Grey or light beige tiles?
We're currently in the tiles stand for all the house...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™