Who ya gonna call?
mrsclark
I have master bath that really needs a total gut and redo, including raising the floor and possibly ceiling and roof. The bathroom was added on by previous owners in the 60-70's. They put it on top of a concrete patio and turned large den into master suite. There is a step down into room but it is a larger step down than standard and the ceilinf and roof are also lower.

The room is slightly larger than they standard bathroom also so I think we could reconfigure where things are placed.

So to do all of this, who do I call first, a designer or contractor? I can pick my finishes and whatnot without a designer but the configuration I need help with.
A designer would be able to narrow down some layout options before finding contractors to bid on the project.
November 25, 2013 at 7:34am        Thanked by mrsclark
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
A design/build firm can assist you with the design as they will know the relative cost of various options before you get married into one particular plan.
November 25, 2013 at 7:41am   
OnePlan
You could use a concept planner http://www.houzz.com/pro/oneplan/oneplan
December 5, 2013 at 9:32am     
Hart STUDIO LLC
If you are only changing finishes and moving fixtures around, I'd suggest a designer with NKBA experience. If you are making structural changes such as raising the floor and roof lines, I'd suggest an architect who specializes in residential remodeling; they will have knowledge of local codes and will coordinate all spheres of work from engineering to finishes.
December 5, 2013 at 11:17am   
need help with paint color for a transitional home white floors
Need help with paint color espresso cabinets and white...
Black interior doors
I have a long hallway with several doors on either...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Grey or light beige tiles?
We're currently in the tiles stand for all the house...