Got this far, now what?
jmvman
Furnished our Florida condo with garage sale and Ikea finds. Husband wants a recliner. Of course I suggest coffee and end tables and lamps. Any help on what would work? We prefer casual contemporary.
smileyface2013
I like your choices so far, except that I'd remove the mirror from behind the sofa.

A round coffee table, and instead of a recliner, would your husband go for an upholstered chair and ottoman instead?

I'd stay with the orange/yellow/cream color scheme, not introduce another main color. Try to select which color (of those 3) to be the dominant one, and use that for anything else you get. Also add throw pillows to the sofa in those colors.
November 25, 2013 at 1:46pm   
There are some club chair recliners that look good when they aren't back. See if he will meet you halfway for something like this that looks good when not reclined http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Christopher-Knight-Home-Leather-Recliner-Club-Chair/6756900/product.html?searchidx=0
November 25, 2013 at 1:47pm   
jmvman
The mirror is staying because of the view it reflects. I wasn't crazy about it at first but have grown to like it. And what kind of round coffee table would you suggest?
My husband like the club recliner suggested and especially the price. Thanks for your input
November 25, 2013 at 1:58pm     
smileyface2013
Another suggestion: paint the black stools brown or silver/gray/white. They take the room in a different direction than the rest of the furniture, being black.

That said, I'd go with a modern design for the coffee table and chair, as that's seems to be most like what you already have in the living room/dining room area. Going with steel legs, to work with what you have:
http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/olivercoffeetablewhite.cfm
http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/stevesilverboscoroundfauxmarblecoffeetablewithcasters.cfm

I don't know your budget. But it doesn't have to be round or oval, but I think the legs should be brushed steel or white to go with what you already have.
November 25, 2013 at 2:30pm   
jmvman
The stools were leftover from the seller and will be replaced. They came in handy when we had no furniture. Chrome or steel legs for sure.
November 25, 2013 at 2:34pm   
mveasey
Would your tall artwork fit behind the couch to break up the tall mirrors?
I like what you have done so far.
A few suggestions:
I would paint out the wood under the kitchen bar arrangement. It takes away from your beautifully panelled dining room wall. You could paint the bars tools the turquoise colour from your artwork...?
I recommend a hanging light fixture over your dining room table. You could have similar style fixtures in the living room to tie the space together.
November 25, 2013 at 2:50pm   
jmvman
Painting the barstools a turquoise colors a great idea. And we were going to replace the light over the dining room table. Any thoughts?

The picture the bikini girl is Actually painted on a door And would be hidden behind the couch.
November 25, 2013 at 2:53pm   
mveasey
Dining room lights?
November 25, 2013 at 3:11pm   
studio10001
No reason you shouldn't have both tables and recliner. I would look toward recliners with bentwood features, and tables with bamboo/ bent wood , or metal to coordinate with your finds. - and well done on those!
November 25, 2013 at 3:23pm   
Living/Dining: I got this far ... what now?
We have been in our home for 1 year, and I am stymied...
Got the bed, now what? Help with carpet, paint and built in wardrobes
We've picked a bed we love for our new home, and now...
Got the bench - what now?
I purchased this bench on craigslist to match the rug...
We have gotten this far, now desperately need help with furniture
We are just completing the sunroom off of our kitchen....
Got the plants for zone 7. Now how to place them??
I have a driveway neighbor that I dont mind seeing...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Living Room Arrangement help!
We moved into our house about a month ago and I just...
slipcover fabric?
What kind of fabric would you use for slipcovers on...
Need help for new exterior paint color
My husband built this A Frame in the 70's and we are...