Matching styles
brook5y
I have just upholstered my dining chairs with a damask print, now their done I'm really unsure .. & unhappy.
I like the classy look but my kitchen & living room have more of a country/shabby chic look & feel & I don't know how to wrk this dining set with that style.
The chandelier & dining set need to stay so what colour paint, accessories, mirrors etc can I use to match both this style & the country style I love so much?
dclostboy
Can we see pic of living room to help blend?
November 26, 2013 at 8:13am   
brook5y
Here's an idea, not finished yet either but it's the dining set that's throwing me out! Thank you
November 26, 2013 at 8:33am   
brook5y
It's a Victorian property (I live in the uk so rooms prob smaller) x
November 26, 2013 at 8:34am   
lessismoore
Have you considered wall papering the panels of the walls in here? Here's a pix for an idea of how a paper would give more texture with similar chairs. Also, a pix of the kind of wall paper that I think would work specifically.
[houzz=Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.]
[houzz=Private Residence]
November 26, 2013 at 8:50am   
dclostboy
Think a tone on tone stencil might help accent and pull together.
November 26, 2013 at 8:54am     
happyasaclam
Don't let your walls outshine the print on your chairs. The damask print is fabulous! Don't change that part of your design.
November 26, 2013 at 9:10am   
felixgrantham
I think you've got enough pattern going in the room with the chair fabric. The small draped table & lamp look really out of place in the Dining Room. If you're planning on painting the Living room olive, why not continue that color into the DR to unite them? Paint the radiator to match.

Then de-shabby a bit by removing the fake sunflowers from the kitchen & remove the tiny hangin heart from the dining room.

Does the kitchen open into the LR?
November 26, 2013 at 9:16am   
I'm having a hard time finding the shabby chic vibe in your house. Maybe you should confine it to your bedroom and go with the flow in these public spaces.
November 26, 2013 at 9:37am   
brook5y
Great points so far thanks.

In terms if furniture, I want to buy a new lamp table & sideboard but don't want anymore mahogany so am also struggling with what style/material/ colour to get for that. The only things that need to stay as it is in the pic is the dining set & chandelier, all other furniture, colours, etc i want to change but don't know what too.
Agree the olive does look nice with the chairs but thought it would be too much in both rooms.
November 26, 2013 at 9:38am   
brook5y
This is the rest of the dining room, need to change blind to something else & there is wood cladding either side of the fireplace. Again unsure what to do here .. Terrible at this x
November 26, 2013 at 9:40am   
happyasaclam
I like the olive but because the room is small the deep olive may make the room seem smaller. Would you consider a lighter shade?
November 26, 2013 at 9:45am   
Meghan
I LOVE your chairs! Once you decorate your room I hope you'll love them! Good luck!
November 26, 2013 at 9:47am   
I want to give my rental some personality !
I really have no clue what to hang on the wall !!!...
Need help "finishing" interior of my home
We purchased a home approx a year ago and have worked...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Which rug should I use here?
1 2 3 or leave the existing one or none?