Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: What's your favorite neutral color?

Houzz Polls
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Which one of these neutrals is your favorite?

Vote for your choice below! To enter the drawing to win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment (or photo) telling us which room you would paint your favorite neutral color.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 12/9/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us below!

Comments (168)

• PRO
    Watkins Design Studio
    10 years ago
    Either warm or cool gray provides a rich background for color accents in a room. People think gray has no color quality to it but my experience is anything but. It is distinctly rich and welcoming.
  • omagnes
    10 years ago
    We just finished our bedroom and study, both grey. Sorry I am unable to attach photo. I need technical advise on that. I started by choosing wallpaper , two colors grey in a baroque design. The rest of the room was painted in the darkest grey. We have an antique quilt for the bed in dark pink , almost red and could find material for the draperies in just a tad darker. Black bedside tables and black chair. The artwork is black/white as well. For the moment it is my favorite room in the house. It is at the same time sophisticated and very warm.
  • nancyjohnrk
    10 years ago
    I love apple green as a neutral. Sounds insane but it is gorgeous with all wood tones, metal, glass, fabrics, etc. Try it, you'll like it!
  • Another Thyme
    10 years ago
    I love Benjamin Moore's Sombrero - its a very soothing neutral, a soft muted gold. (It is so soothing in fact that used in our living room it lulls us to sleep! I finally painted a feature wall in a bright turquoise to wake us up!)
  • edithsmom
    10 years ago
    nancyjohn, I,too, love apple green and have used the color in a kitchen and a living room...it was perfect and did, indeed, look good with stainless appliances as well as all furniture.
  • Maggie K
    10 years ago
    Blue gray
  • Another Thyme
    10 years ago
    Apple green...oh, I lust for apple green Caesarstone countertops!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 years ago
    CONGRATULATIONS to @rnmsnfnp for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, don't worry, you still have a day left in our December Checklist poll! Get those comments in!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-whats-on-your-december-checklist-dsvw-vd~757213
  • nina47
    10 years ago
    Hi Jeannie, I haven't received the newsletter for about a month. How can I get it back, I really miss not having it. Thanks a lot :-)
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    I love our dramatic chosen colours, not everyone's cup of tea, but very intimate and luxurious
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    Whoops 2 pics of the same
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    Again, I'll try once more
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    Our 75 inch smart tv is flush with the wall
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    I'm even proud to have a new letterbox! It's all exciting, and photos don't do it justice
  • sallyvanders
    10 years ago
    And I love my floating dark matt wooden floor, the rest is charcoal carpet
  • PRO
    Now Interior Design Studio
    10 years ago
    For walls, a purple gray like Manhattan Mist is a nice color as it warms up a traditionally cool color.
  • bgfuqua
    10 years ago
    porter paint velvet white
  • PRO
    FINNE Architects
    10 years ago
    Benjamin Moore Pashmina.
  • Amy McDaniel
    9 years ago
    Warm golden tans, look good by day & night, in any room from contemporary to traditional
  • User
    9 years ago
    Yes, they are pretty, but can lead to skin cancer.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Am I getting the newsletter?
  • PRO
    Studio CMT
    9 years ago
    Warm Grays, ummmmm..., and they compliment Walnut wood well, a match made in heaven.
  • PRO
    sharonna misha designs
    9 years ago
    studio CMT- I agree.

i's say charcoal or white; our bedroom has both.
  • Natalie
    9 years ago
    Taupe...
  • Momof5x
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I like warmer colours for the bedroom like deep creams-right now bedroom has a crimson arch wall bay window area and deep creams on the longer walls. Greys and blues are a bit too cool for a bedroom, my opinion anyway but to each his own.

• babbs50
    9 years ago

Creamy yellow. I associate gray with depressing. Color choice also has to do with current furnishings and accessories.

• User
    9 years ago
    I don't care for grey walls. I prefer sandy, pale taupe-y tones, beiges, ivory...
  • PRO
    sharonna misha designs
    9 years ago

i like black as a neutral too, or black and white combo... and navy.

• austin171
    9 years ago
    I like warm gray's because they make you feel cosy and they are very elegant colors.
  • User
    9 years ago
    I don't care for grey walls. I like pale sandy colors to set off the wood tones of furniture.
  • mtlmayhem
    9 years ago
    My living room & entryway are in BM Titanium, and it's so light and peaceful, I love it! Makes it easier to switch out accessories seasonally too :)
  • Cathi McNutt Tyree
    9 years ago
    Whites and creams❤️
  • Elizabeth B
    9 years ago
    I love my blue-grey room! My guest room is green-grey... Everyone loves it
  • km kane
    9 years ago
    I'm going to paint my children grey because I love it so much. Grey is the in color! See the choices you gave us? Three out of five are grey-ish! Go grey! Sherwin Williams had to mix up some new colors because grey is the new tan. Now, what are we all going to do in three years when grey is on the outs?????
  • lisadkay
    8 years ago

Blue grey greens. I painted my family room & kitchen grey with green undertones. Love the color.

• Liz H
    8 years ago
    I painted my living and dining rooms a mustardy yellow (Benjamin Moore's Cork) because it's a great backdrop for the deep blues, purples, and reds that I just can't live without. Next time I paint, though, I'll probably go with some type of ivory.
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    8 years ago

It all depends upon the room.

• CC Cwiklinski
    8 years ago

Sherwin-Williams (Navajo White) which is not white -- can do wonders with art and accessories in any color to make your walls pop -- Love this color.

• 2becketts
    8 years ago

blue goes with everything and it is my favorite color.

• PRO
  • PRO
    M&M Interiors
    6 years ago

I would never consider purple a neutral color. I love Taupe as a neutral.

• havingfun
    6 years ago

I know who wrote this poll? Blue jeans blue is first, then taupe, creamy white, followed by gray i guess.

• tooky58
    6 years ago

And what about those of us that love color?! For instance we're planning a deep navy blue or rich sapphire for the dining room.

• havingfun
    6 years ago

shhh... don't tell anyone tooky, but i would actually love little stars on that rich dark blue ceiling. oh dear, how geeky/tacky am i?! my favorite theater back home had stars on the ceiling.

• mjkjrobinson
    6 years ago

I lve purple the darker the better, mixed with blue"colbalt blue"!!!

• mjkjrobinson
    6 years ago

I love purple the darker the better mixed with coublt blue, so awesome!!!

• PRO
    T&K Contractors Inc.
    6 years ago

When it comes to kitchen renovations, white is the new beige. It offers endless possibilities for decorating changes, timeless elegance in the new Transitional style. For some photos of our neutral kitchen designs, visit our dedicated Kitchen Renovations page: T&K Kitchen Designs

• havingfun
    6 years ago

i love white in kitchens clean and bright looking, i also think dark blue lends a clean look for some reason. i would like white uppers, dark blue bottoms with probably stainless tops, old but i like it.

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago

Some of our favorite colors.

Glace Finish · More Info

Glace Finish · More Info

Glace Finish · More Info

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH