Oddly shaped living room
Natalie CB
November 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want a new couch or couches for this room - maybe a sectional? Currently my husband and I sit on the loveseat because it looks directly at the TV. But, it's backed up to the bar/kitchen area and feels odd. Suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Ann
I have a similarly odd shaped living room and after trying several arrangements, someone suggested placing the sofa facing the tv and I like it. So, in your room, maybe try the sofa where the love seat is but closer to the TV so you have a 2 ft. walkway between the sofa back and counter. Then place the rug and coffee table angled with the sofa and use the cofee table close to the sofa. Place the chair so the back of it is to the center of the windows about a foot out from the window wall. Then try the loveseat where the sofa currently is.
November 26, 2013 at 8:04pm      Thanked by Natalie CB
Natalie CB
Thank you Ann! I actually did try this, but the sofa is too wide. Actually all of the pieces are wide - so when I put the loveseat where the sofa is with the sofa in the middle of the room, there wasn't enough space to walk behind it.
November 26, 2013 at 8:08pm   
Natalie CB
Also when you walked in the front door, you saw the back of the sofa and it felt very closed off. Hard to explain because you can't see it here, but front door looks through directly to where the TV is basically - between the two sofas.
November 26, 2013 at 8:11pm