Do you like Blinds.com?
julie77777
I need 2" or 2.5" wood or faux-wood blinds for four windows. Looking at JCPenney, as returns are very easy/free, if the blinds turn out to not be what I want. But I've heard some good things about Blinds.com. Any comments, positive or negative?? May be ordering this evening. Thanks!!
mfwolfe
I went to Steve's. They were wonderful. However you do have to do the installation
November 27, 2013 at 10:16am        Thanked by julie77777
Meghan
I'm also looking into wooden blinds. Interested to see what people say.
November 27, 2013 at 10:46am   
julie77777
I bought 5 wooden blinds (in white) from JCPenney 6 years ago (The JCP Home brand I believe). They are 2" and have worked out well. As long as they aren't huge windows, they are fine; though I do have one on a wide window (about 42") and it is HEAVY to lift the blinds up. Most of the time, we just tilt them open or closed, so works out fine. They are still in good shape and I hope to use them for at least a couple more years. But still thinking about trying Blinds.com if I can find something on a good sale that will work.... looking for any comments.......... thanks!
November 27, 2013 at 11:08am   
Kevin Strader
I've used blinds.com and blindster.com. They both did a good job. I DIY when it comes to installation.
November 27, 2013 at 11:10am      Thanked by julie77777
julie77777
We will definitely be doing DIY installation........
November 27, 2013 at 1:20pm   
bluenan
Take a look at Select Blinds also. http://www.selectblinds.com/
November 27, 2013 at 5:02pm      Thanked by julie77777
mksd409
Just finished installing blinds from blinds.com. From a quality standpoint, we were pretty happy with the purchase (needed 1" wood blinds, which we had a HARD time finding...blinds.com came through with the product we needed). The blinds look fantastic, measurements were close enough, and the time from order to delivery was better than expected.

All that said, we did run into some issues with their customer service. My fault initially- mis-ordered. But, the back and forth required to fix my mistake was downright epic! Called within 24 hours after realizing my mistake (24 hrs after clicking purchase...well within their required timeframe) to correct, but still received my original order. Called back to reorder the right size and a week later received the right blind but for an outside as opposed to an inside mount (made them fit using a good old circular saw...but man!!). Good news is they let you keep the blinds when they end up the wrong size, so we got ourselves a set of blinds for our bathroom free of charge...

Would I use them again, yes; I'd just be doubly careful with my original order!
November 27, 2013 at 5:32pm      Thanked by julie77777
decorideas523
Most of the blinds in my house are from Blinds.com. I really like the company - no complaints. So far they have never messed up an order. Just make sure that you measure several times and double check all the entries for the order. They have sections on their site dedicated to teaching you how to measure. I installed them myself. They all came within a few days. I am a DIY'er so I like the fact that I can take my time and pick what I want with no sales pressure.
November 27, 2013 at 5:34pm      Thanked by julie77777
julie77777
Thank you for the information and tips!!
November 27, 2013 at 6:50pm     
Lynda
We used blinds.com for all of our windows in the basement (Bali cordless Roman shades). My husband said they were fairly easy to install. Since they turned out so nice, I just ordered 5 more for some of the rooms upstairs. You can order 10 free samples, but I just placed 4 different sample orders as I had a difficult time selecting the ones I wanted.
I would recommend reading all of the reviews of the different blinds - some were great, some not so good.
November 27, 2013 at 7:36pm      Thanked by julie77777
Matthew Swanson
These posts are all very helpful. have people been buying the other brands they sell or their own brand though? I'm considering ordering faux wood and cellular in their exclusive brand because it is over a 1000 cheaper. Are there own blinds.com brand blinds just as good as the other brand names they sell?
February 20, 2014 at 8:01pm     
Chris
Love my blinds from blinds.com. Easy install fair price. Mine are13 yrs old still look and work great.
February 20, 2014 at 9:07pm      Thanked by julie77777
julie77777
Matthew - I ended up ordering "Norman" brand blinds from Blinds.com, 2" faux-wood, in white. One set has been up a couple of months. Waiting for my husband to install the other three sets. Pleased with the blinds themselves and pleased with how they turned out (they fit the window perfectly) and with quick delivery by Blinds.com (I had 3 different orders and they took about 10 days each time). Their website is very helpful re: measuring, etc. I ordered "Norman" because of a couple of good sales that I ran across on the site. Read the reviews and look at the ratings for the blinds on their website .......... extremely helpful!!!
February 21, 2014 at 6:51am   
help choosing color of bedding for master bedroom
I am at a loss of what color of bedding to choose to...
Different Light over tub?
Yay or nay? I would love to change out the lighting...
Help us decide please!
We are trying to pick a tile for our mud room. The...
Funiture Placement in Great Room
Good day, We are having a bit of a design dilemma...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....