Help for my new home
dusty2003
Just bought new townhouse. Ensuite is grey, white and black. Master bedroom is sallow green and coffee carpeting. I want the two to be an extension of each other, as well I would like to introduce warmth into both rooms. Please help, would love your ideas. Thank you
Paint the wall behind your bed the gray of the bathroom. Paint the rest of the room white. Continue with the theme: bedding crisp white, end tables and lamps contemporary in feel.

Very much like this photo. If you want some color, paint both ceilings a very pale blue…and get more of those towels you have folded on the rack. Those are perfect for your bath.

1 Like   Thanked by dusty2003    November 28, 2013 at 6:48AM
0 Likes   Thanked by dusty2003    November 28, 2013 at 7:45AM
dusty2003
Thank you for the suggestions, however as blues and/or turquoise are not colors I care for much, I was wondering how to warm up the room, with a few warm shades??? I do love the crisp white Idea. I should have said the decor is that of the people moving out so I will be working with a blank slate.
0 Likes   November 28, 2013 at 6:12PM
karemore55
Dusty2003, Can you take a close-up pic of the mosaic tiles around your tub? You will have to pull your wall color for the bathroom from there, so maybe there's a taupe or caramel that could be picked up in the wall color.

You could just leave the wall color as is and warm up the room with caramel colored towels and a piece of art that works with the browns and the greys.
1 Like   November 28, 2013 at 7:10PM
karemore55
You could then paint the bedroom walls a grey that is similar, but not identical to, the grey in the bathroom. Use the red accent from the bathroom art more heavily in the bedroom - in the bedding, for example.
2 Likes   November 28, 2013 at 7:17PM
dusty2003
I love the reds
1 Like   November 28, 2013 at 10:03PM
dusty2003
We don t move in until the 13th of dec. will be posting updates on progress of ideas after that.
1 Like   November 28, 2013 at 10:04PM
karemore55
We'll be waiting:D
0 Likes   November 28, 2013 at 10:36PM
OnePlan
KarenMore55 ! I love those colours ! You have such a good eye !! :-)
1 Like   November 29, 2013 at 1:31AM
dusty2003
I love this duvet cover, I also put some soft grey pillows with it and it worked as per Karemore suggested color scheme. What do you think?
0 Likes   November 29, 2013 at 4:02PM
dusty2003
It will work well with the vanity in the ensuite as well
0 Likes   November 29, 2013 at 4:04PM
karemore55
Dusty, That's a beautiful duvet cover! Yes, it will work really well by picking up the blacks, and the not of bright color,will definitely lift the mood. It's a cool pink, as opposed to those rusty reds I showed above, so you may find you still need warmth in both rooms and the way to do this is with texture. Think textured bed pillows (even if you find you only need the warmth in the winter months) and accessories with texture - pottery, metals, wicker, etc. You could hang velvet side panels in the bedroom in grey - the texture of the velvet will be sumptuous! And make sure the grey paint color in the bedroom is a warmer grey, not a blue-grey.

You can also add in gold for a hit of brightness in either room - or both. And, as mentioned earlier, for bath towels maybe go into warmer colors like brown, which will look fine with B, W & grey.

Posting some ideas below - let me know if you want the source for anything. And congratulations on your new home!
0 Likes   November 29, 2013 at 5:08PM
karemore55
More items with texture/gold:
0 Likes   November 29, 2013 at 5:09PM
Help! I need to finalize my kitchen plans for my new home build!
Hello all, I am a die hard fan of Houzz and I have...
Hi All, I need help in my new home design.
Attached plan in metric system (cm), Please note that...
Will this cabinet work in a kitchen
I am remodeling my kitchen, which has a great deal...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
guest bedroom
hurray fin as lly finished the guest bedroom. tell...
busy or beautiful?
I just had new quartz countertops installed in my bathrooms....
Shipping to Canada
Do you ship to Canada?