kitchen lighting: recessed LED cans vs led bulbs in old style cans?

faizabadNovember 29, 2013
in a kitchen remodel, what are the reasons to entirely re-wire for JUNO LED recessed cans (cost about $200 apiece, versus using LED bulbs in conventional cans (cost about $30 plus $10 bulb?
FINNE Architects
We are using low voltage halogen fixtures with LED replacement bulbs. This approach gives you the option of choosing either LED or halogen, depending on the location and quality of light you desire. If you choose the LED only fixture, you are stuck.
    Bookmark   Thanked by faizabad    November 29, 2013 at 5:38PM
John James O'Brien - Design for Inspired Living
Low voltage is preferred for lighting effects that require specific beam width and lumen levels. Line voltage is suitable for economically dim-able general lighting needs. Many people are swayed by the cool trend factor of low voltage without really understanding what they are trying to achieve with the effect of light. Learn and plan--in a typical project you can save thousands with smart choices.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by faizabad    November 29, 2013 at 8:19PM
Zaniboni Lighting
Im confused by FINNE's response. If you chose a interchangeable solution like they suggest you are stuck with either Halogen (which is a dying industry world wide) and LED bulbs which don't offer you high quality LED illumination.

We are an LED fixture manufacturer. So this is coming straight from the horses mouth. We offer a full range of Kelvin temperatures (customizable) a range of CRI levels (customizable), as well as Beam Angles (customizable). If directional light is not your thing, and you want a wall-wash or diffused light, we also offer many glass lens options for this very purpose. Our high-end sanded glass options diffuse the light beautifully. You lose a small percentage of lumens doing this no matter what solution you go with.

You should swing by http://www.zanibonilighting.com all of the fixtures we list are our base models (i.e. most requested features). Shannon is our specialist here. She can help you with any customization you require for your project 1.727.462.2526 x205

Our prices are very competitive. If you call or contact, let us know you found us on Houzz! Good luck!
2 Likes    Bookmark   October 8, 2014 at 9:46AM
rfsydney
LED vs halogen vs incadescent
I bought 5 fixtures for my LR ceiling that are LED...
kmesar
Will LED lights make my house look like a warehouse? Need lighting help
We are (finally!) remodeling our house in San Francisco....
mariapasosnunez
LED vs Incandescent Closet Lighting
LED too bright first thing in the morning? CFL takes...
toronto647
Backyard Help!
While the inside of the house is coming along nicely,...
Adam Staton_Smith
Bedroom-What's missing?
I recently redecorated my master bedroom but it still...
gxc137
Backyard help please
I want to sit outside and enjoy backyard. I need ideas...
Janice Hague
Help! What kind of art work over the couch?
I need some help on what type of piece should go over...
larissag13
Old baseboards
I live in an old house. My baseboards are trashed....
karenlf