Suggestions on a new chandelier/light fixture?
Wendy Cottrell
Dining Room replacing light fixture
Unless you're making other changes to the space, I think your fixture is fine. You might lower it to 36" above the table top, but I think it suits your swag and jabot window treatments and the formal striped wallpaper. If you wanted to change it you could spray paint it black, but I don't have a problem with it.
November 30, 2013 at 7:57pm        Thanked by Wendy Cottrell
OasisDesign&Remodeling
There are some beautiful traditional drum shade pendants if you want a change....
http://www.lightinguniverse.com/large-pendants/murray-feiss-f27274fg-clarissa-4-light-large-pendant_g1099614.html?isku=8479480&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage

Hang it lower than the one now. 34-36" from tabletop.

Another area I would perk up (sorry, this is unsolicited advice) is the window treatments. I would use a natural wood blind underneath linen draperies that are hung high & wide on an iron rod. The natural blinds will tone down the formality & mix well with the rattan chairs.

I would also paint the ceiling the same color or a tad darker as the green in your wallpaper stripe. It will create nice drama.

Do you usually have the table draped with a tablecloth??? If so, take it off & display a single large bowl that's interesting or a collection of vases & vessels.
November 30, 2013 at 11:29pm        Thanked by Wendy Cottrell
Wendy Cottrell
Thank you so much for your comments. I took your advice on the wood blinds and ordered them for all my windows on the main level and getting rid of the swag drapes all together. Love the idea of painting the ceiling, that's next. I'll post pics when I finish. Thanks again!
December 1, 2013 at 5:16pm     
OasisDesign&Remodeling
I realized that I did not specify woven wood blinds...roman shades...not slatted blinds as you may have interpreted.
December 2, 2013 at 8:58am   
I think a traditional crystal chandelier would be beautiful in your formal space.

December 2, 2013 at 9:25am   
Couch color
I am looking to replace my couch because I never use...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
HELP ME PLEASE!!! I NEED COLOR and Brightness
Hello, I just bought this house about a month ago...
Backsplash Hell
My fabricator failed on multiple levels and I do not...
Need help picking brick to go with an orange roof!!
We are keeping the stone & the roof isn't that old,...