What shade of gray goes with plum?
hicks05
Hoping to get some help on this one. I am re-painting my bedroom in grays and decorating with a dark plum (dark plum and gray bedding) I'm going to do an accent wall in a darker gray and then stencil over it. Most of the grays i find and like have a blue hue to them. I'm having a hard time imaging what this would look like with the plum. Should i look for a gray in the violet family, I don't wnt anything that is going to look pink, or will the blue tones look nice with the plum?
Thanks in advance!
Shakúff
I think with plum, a nice either dark or light grey would be great. Like a smoke or an ash color.

I just googled "grey plum bedroom ideas" to get a visual idea - there's a lot of inspiration on google images and on houzz when you google that. :) Hope this helps!
December 2, 2013 at 12:06pm   
hayleydaniels
Go to a paint website and use their room painters where you can upload pictures of your rooms or use their stock photos, and try out the different shades of gray and plum. The great thing about doing this is that you can also modify the paint color if you don't like it so you can see how other shades work.

If you still can't find what you want, consider mixing your own color from black and white paints. I'm in the process of painting my house, and found that one of the colors I'm using in the bedroom doesn't go with the wood trim so I just spend an hour or so mixing and matching all the paints I've tried to come up with a color I like. I think I found a color that will work....
December 2, 2013 at 12:18pm   
Mark
This grey is a good choice Benjamin Moore #HC-166, Kendall Charcoal

December 2, 2013 at 12:30pm      Thanked by hicks05
armygirl1987
I used Mixed Berries and Sensible Hue from Sherwin Williams recently on my daughters room.
December 2, 2013 at 12:37pm   
Back Splash on unusual wall
I don't know if I should continue the stone behind...
Art for shared living/dining wall? Please help!
Are there any guidelines for choosing complementary...
Formal living room for something fun
We have a massive formal living off the kitchen and...
remodelling query
"Hello! Just bought my first home and wish to remodel...