WINE BAR: DISGUISE/MASK/DECORATE
kayann1
Our new house has a wine bar that is situated so that it is prominent in both our great room and kitchen--kind of a focal point. While we like an occasional glass of wine, we do NOT like the wine bar being so "front and center," making a statement that we are big wine drinkers. So help here, please... 1) If we could remove the crisscross wine rack, would the area cease to look like a wine bar? 2) Would placing some frou-frou decor (plant, decorative plates, or suggestions???) in the now empty area (from the rack's removal) do it? That is to say, decor in lieu of the wine rack make the wine bar no longer look like a wine bar? The base bottom slats for holding the wine glasses cannot be removed; we are stuck with them. I do not believe most people would identify those as wine glass holders though ... 3) If we cannot remove the crisscross wine rack (screwed in firmly), is there a way to disguise it--so it does not look like a wine bar? Any ideas or thoughts how to re-purpose the wine bar would be appreciated! Thank you!!!!
abbyjean
A few thoughts........could you place decorative tile or even find a picture that size and just cover it up that way? Or I can totally see it working as a nice little display area with the slats removed. I was going to suggest cook books or plates, but not sure about the cookbooks right there in full view, either. Plates or pitchers or vases? Do you have some pretty ones to add some color there?

Could it be set up like a little desk area? Bulletin board/chalk board/memo board placed over the slats or desk items if the slats remove? Find a chair and just set it up as a work area.
December 3, 2013 at 11:16AM      Thanked by kayann1
How to decorate around these masquerade masks?
My 9 year old daughter wants to decorate her room with...
Disguising a wet bar
I want to make this wet bar disappear. I have thought...
main flr wine room w glass door/window = visible: decorating ideas?
our main flr wine rm is just off living rm is highly...
Wine bar
Any idea where we can buy that?
Red Oak Stair Treads / White Oak Prefinished Handscraped Floor
I'm building a new home and the builder has ordered...
Help me pick a paint color for this kitchen
We bought a house with this kitchen. I can't figure...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
Flooring for a T-shaped living area
My Manhattan apartment has a T-shaped living area....