Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smileforever05

Bar stools, accessories etc...

smileforever05
10 years ago
Dear Houzz friends,
In desperate need of help decorating my studio. I bought it not long time ago and cannot make a decision on furniture especially on bar stools design and some decorations or accessories. Would appreciate any suggestions here.
Thank you!!!

Comments (13)

• Jennifer Abbott
    10 years ago
    I'm hoping a couple of pros will weigh in, so commenting to bump you up.

Do you want to create some division between the sleeping area and sitting area? You could put sliding panels across the area by the foot of the bed (even curtains hung across would work) then put your sofa across from the TV. You could also get another chair in the room with this placement. I'll look for some pics of what I mean. Great furniture......love the sofa!
    smileforever05 thanked Jennifer Abbott
  • Keitha
    10 years ago
    Some barstool ideas:
    smileforever05 thanked Keitha
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    @jabbott2012, I'll bet that divider IS from Ikea. If it's not the Stolmen, it's a good facsimile. LOL
    smileforever05 thanked groveraxle
  • Jennifer Abbott
    10 years ago
    Grover, such a cool idea I wish I had a studio of my own to decorate :) Smileforever: recover the throw pillows on your sofa with something groovier, or buy new pillows in black and white print. Grey and white would look good too. Then add color to the bed with the coral color from the sofa. Throw pillows are an easy start.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    I would definitely turn the sofa to face the TV. Then I'd get creative with something to screen the bed from the rest of the room. Love the salvage windows below, but Ikea has panel curtains that could be used as in the second pic. And the third pic is the Ikea Stolmen, though it might consume a bit too much space.
    Industrial Dining Room · More Info

Historic Brownstone Renovation · More Info

STOLMEN 1 section · More Info
    smileforever05 thanked groveraxle
  • smileforever05
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    All fantastic ideas! Thank you, everyone!
    I love dividers and will definitely try one. The place is really small and I enjoy waking up and looking outside in the mornings so would love to see how it fits. I'd love suggestions on curtains too, I have gold ones right now but they just don't fit in the picture. As for bar stools, great ideas and I looked at similar ones. Just they looked so cheap made to me in a store. Also I'd prefer the ones with a back. Got a back surgery not long time ago so need more back support.
  • Jennifer Abbott
    10 years ago
    These barstools are all from Overstock. All of them swivel; makes it easier for guests sitting at the counter to converse with someone sitting on the sofa. All have a back.
    smileforever05 thanked Jennifer Abbott
  • smartin1
    10 years ago
    I adore the monkey. Now, here's the question...is your style the funky monkey and coral sofa with green pillows? Or are you the darker, more muted side of the room?
    You need to bring the two sides together through color and accessories.

I've attached a couple of pics that have an eclectic vibe to them, using the coral as the inspiration.

Good luck! I love your new space!
    smileforever05 thanked smartin1
  • smartin1
    10 years ago
    More pics
  • smileforever05
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you, smartin! I love my monkey! It was given as a gift when I came to America 10 years ago. It's so sentimental. I don't like bright colors at all neither in wall colors nor in too many accessories. When I was buying the sofa, I thought just one bright piece and that's it. I want a place to live in because too much orange or bright colors will annoy me. I like more neutral shades or as you said more neutral shades.
  • smartin1
    10 years ago
    I saw a studio done once where the owner lined up two bookshelves as a room divider. One was turned toward the living room, the other was turned toward the bedroom. They hung pictures on the backside of each bookcase. Doing something like that would allow you to move the sofa across from the tv and place a shallow storage unit under it. There might be enough room for a chair, too.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Can you give us a better photo of the whole room looking toward the sliding doors? Maybe close the curtains and turn on inside lights. The photo above is really too dark to see much.