Need help with my bathroom.
gienia8
My bathroom is dusty rose and dark turquoise with a blue tub and blue tiles. I am keeping the tub and tile (budget necessity) I am planning on painting the bathroom white (any other ideas?). My question is the wall over the sink. The mirror is embedded in the wall (pull the mirror and there are shelves). I also have two "cubbies" in the wall - soap dish and toothbrush holder. I am keeping the mirror..but want to make it more 'attractive' ..is that possible? the two cubbie holes..keep them or pull them out and patch the holes? Any suggestions for the light fixture? pictures attached and any suggestions is appreciated.. I am overwhelmed by this bathroom!!
hayleydaniels
The cubby holes add a very strange look to your bathroom. I don't know what you use them for, but you might enlarge the whole cabinet space so you can put on a larger mirror. You could also have the cubby holes and hole where the medicine chest is finished out with shelves similar to the look of a window sill, and then make your own door with a larger mirror by adding hinges. I would think anyone with any DIY experience could easily do that.

Unless you love white, I would keep some color in the room. You might find something less bright. A good way to figure out what colors you might like is to go to paint websites that have room painting programs where you can see how different colors look in different rooms. Most of the programs allow you to upload your own photos, or just use their stock photos. I've found it very helpful as I'm on my 2 change of paint colors in our renovation.
December 4, 2013 at 3:14pm   
gienia8
Hi..thank you for your comment. My dilemma on wall color was that the tub and tub tiles are blue. White/off-white/ivory..are the only colors that i can think of; possibly a very light gray. I do like your suggestion of the program. Majority of the rooms in this house are painted blue and pink! Kitchen cabinets are even light blue - I think that program you mentioned will be good to decide on the color of the kitchen cabinets..so much to do to this house!
December 4, 2013 at 4:37pm     
Jasmine Ay
I think you to add more images but I'm a grey kind of gal.. Add a wood paneling border for an old rustic look. So frame the mirror and maybe take out those metal containers.
December 7, 2013 at 6:42am   
gienia8
Thank you...i like the idea of the wood panel around the mirror..framing it. You are correct about removing the two metal ??? (no idea what they are called) I am not looking forward to the mess/patching!!! I was thinking grey or the color i painted the kitchen "lemon ice"..
December 10, 2013 at 8:39am   
Jasmine Ay
Gienia I'm not really sure how to patch it, but it's doable! Can you add more images?
December 10, 2013 at 8:46am   
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
BATHROOM! Need help for my bathroom!!!
Hi, I recently painted my bathroom an orange color,...
Need help with my bathroom(s). They are tiny and "stuck in the 70's"
They are covered in "tiny tiles", have plastic dropped...
BATHROOM - need help designing my kids bathroom
Hi- We are redoing our kids bathroom and would LOVE...
update my bathroom and my laundry needs help
Change the entire décor and add new furniture, curtains...
Need help for my small foyer
I really need help with my foyer. It's quite small,...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
What is the bet method to make fabric roller shades?
My daughter wants advice on custom fabric roller shades....
Mid-Century ranch needs some curb appeal
Just replaced the roof on our mid-century California-style...