Need Wood-look Laminate Advise
artlady1
I would love to get feedback from wood-look laminate owners who have used it in their kitchens. If you have used a product you like, please let me know. I am worried since we just had a dishwasher leak that ruined our floor. ( I can't use tile due to a bad back problem)

I have read about luxury vinyls and that might be an option. And If you have used a shiney wood surface, does it always look dirty?
atrice
What about cork? It looks nice and feels good under foot, antimicrobial and has same warmth in colors as wood colors. Try a cork search here
0 Likes   Thanked by artlady1    December 5, 2013 at 3:35PM
mfwolfe
We have wood look vinyl in the areas of the house that aren't usually exposed to moisture. We have a tile look vinyl in the kitchen and bathrooms. We are very satisfied with the product. We live in a rural area and the floor was going to get hard use so we chose vinyl over hardwood. Do not know exactly what you mean about looking dirty. It seems to look as dirty as it is but not any dirtier than it should be. Lol
0 Likes   Thanked by artlady1    December 5, 2013 at 6:28PM
kngilley86
I have the shiny laminate and, while it's beautiful, I wish I had gone with a matte finish. You are correct. Everything shows and it's hard to clean without leaving a residue. The shark mop I recently purchased helps though. If you're on the fence, my advice would be to pick the matte finish.
0 Likes   Thanked by artlady1    December 5, 2013 at 8:17PM
jonathan3
We have Pergo Max in a matte finish. It is not shiny and actually has a faux-wood texture. We bought it because it looks just like the oak flooring in some of the old homes we lived in, and yes, we love it. It does not show dirt or streaks at all. We have it in the great room next to the kitchen (tiled) but only two feet from the dishwasher which is a concern.
0 Likes   Thanked by artlady1    December 5, 2013 at 8:41PM
Need a classy looking vinyl plank wood-look floor
My first floor is below grade in parts and house is...
andiwellman
Need wood-look porcelain tiles in a reddish tone
I'm looking to replace about 1,000 sq. ft of kitchen/living...
wilschroter
Need help finding a good dark wood-look tile
We have original hardwood running through our entire...
thepopejp
Need advice in living room...
I always wanted to face the fireplace and open up my...
alesiarhea
Best Part of Living in the Western U.S.?
Do you or have you lived in the Western U.S.? What's...
Large front wall - kinda plain looking, any suggestions?
My hubby and I built our 1.5 story house about 2 years...
chelseabeagle
What fabric would you use?
What fabric would you choose to recover this loveseat?...
lindler
Can I pull off a more vintage look or is my house too contemporary?
I'd like to go for a more vintage look. I was thinking...
buthole888