Help!
donnawnts2no
Having really hard time deciding on accent tables, chair, lamps! Darker color in rug is an expresso. I really don't want anything with glass. Also pool table is crimson red color. Could I use a small amount of that color in the living room or would that be too many colors? Could I use one of the attached metal sculptures in the corner, either in silver or red or perhaps the red wall sculpture over the sofa? I am looking for a more contemporary/transitional look. I am replacing the recliner with something more sleek looking either in expresso or ivory/vanilla color...just can't decide what would look ok. Can someone please give me some suggestions or ideas? Darker table/lighter chair, or lighter chair/darker tables.
hayleydaniels
How about some art work containing the red to hang on the wall above the couch?

The room could also stand some end tables or a coffee table so you didn't feel like you were waiting to see the doctor.
December 7, 2013 at 12:04PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
I have been looking for tables for weeks...just can't decide what style and color would look best
December 7, 2013 at 12:15PM   
Michelle Peavy
I like it the way it is. You can get wood the same style and color of pool table. Get some wall arts that incorporate all the colors, even the red.
December 7, 2013 at 12:30PM     
Michelle Peavy
You could even do a red color curtain on each side of the one you currently have.
December 7, 2013 at 12:31PM     
bellesum
For inspiration.

December 7, 2013 at 12:48PM   
scmiller430
I would definitely do art work on your wall. I would do light fabric chair. I also I think silver tables and accessories would give the room some punch and sparkle.
December 7, 2013 at 12:50PM   
CDR Design
Hi---lot's of potential

-forget the sculpture----too modern for you
-great rug
-do you have to have a chair. Would prefer none at all---too crowded
-buy large piece of art with a touch of the crimson for over couch
-small touches of crimson in pillows
-Buy art first, then end tables

Can we see pic of tv area?
How long in section of couch that is against the wall?
December 7, 2013 at 12:55PM        Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
The long end of the sectional is 10' 6" long is positioned 1' 6" out from the wall...should I back it back up to the wall? Attaching pic of TV area. The small chair with the throw is a great little chair that I will be having re-upholstered.
December 7, 2013 at 2:07PM   
donnawnts2no
TV area
December 7, 2013 at 2:10PM   
housegal200
Bellesum's got a great photo inspiration for you, especially the red chair in it. What about reupholstering the chair you like in the same red as your billiard table. Curtains can be a two-tone color block with ivory or taupe on top with brown across the bottom. Find a low modern coffee table in espresso in shape of Bellesum's photo. Then get long espresso credenza or console table for below your TV. Anchor it with a big lamp with a drum shade and a large red bowl on the sculpture you like in red. Here's a piece of art for inspiration, but whatever you pick should be horizontal and large in taupe and red. Google "taupe red" painting so see what comes up in Google Images that you might like. Think about getting a really great ceiling light fixture as well.
December 7, 2013 at 2:53PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
awesome...love the pic! yes, I had already decided to get something for under the TV, as well as, a new ceiling fan/light!
December 7, 2013 at 3:30PM   
housegal200
Here are some Overstock colorblock curtains that would work and another painting. It's from Etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/163719852/abstract-original-large-textured-high?ref=related-4
December 7, 2013 at 3:55PM        Thanked by donnawnts2no
CDR Design
Yes, Please move the couch back to the wall and retake the photo and post. You cannot have a single piece of art back there. The space is huge!

Try this wedbsite. They have triptychs. Here is one I chose for you.
http://www.md-canvas.com/products/Faith-triptych/
December 7, 2013 at 4:23PM   
CDR Design
Here is another that introduces more colors.
http://www.md-canvas.com/products/literate-triptych/
December 7, 2013 at 4:25PM   
CDR Design
PS---love your floor
December 7, 2013 at 4:25PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
Here's pics with the sofa moved back to the wall. ps...the red sofa and stuff around pool table are going...just had to move them out of the way for the new sofa, which in case you can't tell from the pic is sort of a pewter color...kind of a cross between taupe and gray.
December 8, 2013 at 3:33PM   
CDR Design
Thank you.

Can we see a view of the tv?

Do you really need another chair?
December 8, 2013 at 3:56PM   
I think my first investment for the "look" would be removal and replacement of vertical blinds. Even full, long and high sheers would be a great improvement. Pick up on the black from the rug for tables.
December 8, 2013 at 4:19PM     
Michelle Peavy
I like it with the chair there. You could put red throw on chair by tv, or get gray and red throw pillows. The silver tables would be ok but I would look for a darker colored table set to bring out black in rug.
December 8, 2013 at 4:25PM        Thanked by donnawnts2no
Michelle Peavy
I would get a colorful spider lamp and put behind couch by the wall near pool table. Just to add a little splash
December 8, 2013 at 4:27PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
CDR Design
Now that you have moved the couch back, a smaller chair may work in that space. Before, the chair was sitting in the middle of the slider.
December 8, 2013 at 4:39PM   
CDR Design
When you play pool, is there enough clearance on the sectional side of the pool table? That is, will the guy sitting in the sectional get jammed in the head with a cue stick? It looks a little tight.
December 9, 2013 at 12:55AM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
nancyjohnrk
I would do solid maple tables with a chocolate stain as dark as the darkest brown in your rug. You can get narrow end tables as small as 15" wide and a condo size cocktail table perhaps 24"x36".
December 9, 2013 at 8:46AM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
I am having a really hard time finding art for over my sofa that I like in the right size. It needs to be about 72" in length and 36" in height. I really like this one that was recommended earlier and was wondering if it would look utterly ridiculous to get two of the same 36" x 36" and place them side by side with a gap in between:

http://www.greatbigcanvas.com/view/running-like-crazy,1167110/

:-) Yes there is room to play pool by the sofa. There's a lot more room than it appears to be in the photo. For some reason the whole room looks small in the photos, but it is really a pretty big room.
December 19, 2013 at 10:32AM   
CDR Design
Yes, you could buy 2 of them. Turn one in a different direction and it will look like 2 different pieces of similar art.

Notice also that you can split the art.
December 19, 2013 at 10:52AM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
THANK YOU!
December 19, 2013 at 11:25AM   
CDR Design
I didn't check, but often these websites allow you to have the hardware pre-mounted in the direction you want since abstract art can be hung in different directions.
December 19, 2013 at 11:58AM   
donnawnts2no
I just bought this chair today. It was the exact color of the pool table. Now I'm wondering if the style goes with the room. What do you think???
December 20, 2013 at 4:09PM   
CDR Design
I think it can work. Where do you plan on placing this?
December 20, 2013 at 4:34PM   
donnawnts2no
maybe where it is, but in closer to sofa? no?
December 20, 2013 at 4:43PM   
CDR Design
Okay, questions

You moved the recliner out? If so, good move!
What is that chair by the tv covered? I would move that out too.

When I said it could work, I meant the color.

I honestly think the room is better with no extra chair. The sectional is enough. If you didn't have the slider there, it would be different. But, I would keep it simple and clean.

There is plenty opportunity to add color with your art and then we can add some awesome pillows to your couch.

Less is more.
December 20, 2013 at 4:50PM   
donnawnts2no
Oh goodness, the recliner was never staying! It is gone and the other extra chair also. OK...let me break it to my husband that he needs to return the chair tomorrow...lol! That just saved me $400!
December 20, 2013 at 4:59PM   
mfwolfe
Nice sofa!
December 20, 2013 at 6:35PM   
CDR Design
I think he will gladly make that return!

Chairs:

Your place looks like the perfect place for a party. Do you need more seating? I have a suggestion that might solve a couple of problems. It looks like you have a couple of comfortable chairs by the pool table. They don't seem practical to me to place near a billiards table.

It seems to me that they are too close and maybe get in the way. Also, when playing pool and it is not your turn, you don't really need a chair like that. You want a counter-height or bar height stool that you can sit on for a minute or so and easily jump on an jump off. So, I think it would suit your situation better if you replaced the lower chairs around the pool table with bar stools.

Art: I was looking at the art you chose and the colors in it look more orangish to me than the pink of the pool table. Or is it just my monitor?

TV: You are getting a console or entertainment center for it, right?

Windows: Drapery panels would do a world of good to bring some soft lines and color into your room. I see two large windows/doors. What about the kitchen?
December 21, 2013 at 2:02AM   
donnawnts2no
chairs: The chairs around the pool table go with a very large dining table that I am sending to my daughter in another state. They are just sort of stuck there for the moment.

Yes I am looking for a console, as well as, coffee and end tables. It is really hard finding the right size and color coffee table. Even though the room is pretty large, because of the way that the sofa fits in the room, the coffee table really needs to be only 36". Living in a beach community, a lot of the furniture in the stores here is lighter stained woods, rattan, etc. I definitely need darker expresso tables with this rug. I will look in some of the larger cities around me after Christmas.

art: It looks red on my monitor. I have already ordered it so I certainly hope that it is not orange…the last art that I ordered cost over $100 between ordering it and sending it back…crossing my fingers on this one!

There is an inset area across from the pool table that right now has a big china cabinet in it. As soon as I figure out what to do with all of the "stuff" in it, it is going out also. We are going to put a bar and barstools there eventually.

I did order the block style curtains for the slider. We'll see what they look like when they get here. I'm not sure about what to do with the shorter windows by pool table.

Kitchen: is still a work in progress. I have removed all of the wallpaper, replaced the countertops with granite, and painted. I'll post pics soon. This is just really hectic trying to paint redecorate multiple rooms and deal with Christmas at the same time.

PS: My husband had said the same thing from the beginning…that he liked the living room without any chair. He liked the open feel to the room without the chair.
December 21, 2013 at 5:00AM   
CDR Design
shorter windows by pool table: you definitely want to order the same drapes you did for the slider. Hang them from the same height you are having the slider drapes.

art: if it is more orangeish, I think it will be fine. You can mix the orange and pink, which will work.

Yes, a lot to deal with getting ready for Christmas and re-designing!! You are doing great. I think your vision for the room is really good.

Chalk one up for hubbie about the chair!

Rooms that are pink and gray with touch of orange.
December 21, 2013 at 5:14AM        Thanked by donnawnts2no
donnawnts2no
Hi, it took me a while to find where I previously posted in December. I have gotten blisters on my feet searching furniture store and on my fingers searching the internet for the right tables and entertainment console. I would really appreciate your opinion. I found this ottoman recently that was the same color as the expresso color in the rug and thought I would try it and also bought a console. I posted it a few days ago and no one liked the ottoman. To me, it is too tall but was wondering if it would work if I removed the legs. It is 30" x 30". As you can see, I really couldn't take a table more than 36" that is not too tall, which has been extremely difficult to find. Also, does the artwork work? Your were correct in that the red in it is a sort of orange but I am trying to pull it together with pillows with orange and red.
February 17, 2014 at 10:28AM   
donnawnts2no
Also, could I use a plant like this where I was going to put the chair?
February 17, 2014 at 10:30AM   
CDR Design
ottoman: I think something other than leather would be good. Too much leather

console: good, but lower the tv

no plants

like the overstock grey panels

fan: I like the last one (no wood on it)
February 17, 2014 at 11:16AM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
Every thing matches. That's not good. Get 2 small armless chairs in a color and print. Place side by side facing other sofa. The blue greens would work. Then take that color and use as pillows on sofa. No red. You have enough. Tables could be dark wood. Get a 36" coffee table square. Lamps tall in a color base. With dark brown shades. Add accessories to tables. TJMax good for everything above.
February 17, 2014 at 12:39PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
Add a very big art piece over sofa and hang 7" from top of sofa. Remove verticals on slider and put up a rod in stainless with panels in a teal on ends only.
February 17, 2014 at 12:41PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
Remove fan and add a big drum style chandelier drop so 6-7 ft from floor. Over coffee table. Use a teal shade.
February 17, 2014 at 12:43PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
Didn't read all post before posting, sorry. Saw you have added art and changed furn. Good job. Put plants next to TV. It needs something on floor not walls. Over stock showed nice panels for window, but wish you would go a color and a print. For interest. If you want a fan over a chandelier the 1st one above from Lowes is best.
February 17, 2014 at 12:50PM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
housegal200
Just wanted to send my applause for the job you did. The art pulls the whole thing together. Ottoman looks good, as do accents. You're almost done! It's pretty satisfying to see people actually take up suggestions others offer then see the advice work out.
February 18, 2014 at 7:18AM      Thanked by donnawnts2no
very nice figurin but the light dosen't work.. help.. help.. help....
bought for mom's dayb last year. come fall took all...
Help, Help, Help....bath design dilemma
We are currently remodeling our master bedroom and...
HELP HELP HELP ! mathematically challenged!!
HI I'm in dire need of some quick help!! I am trying...
Help, help, help!!
We are renovating our former garage into a 3/4 bath,...
Help..Help ....help. With...Paint color
We are painting our home and need a main color for...
Should i put 6 in granite back splash and glass mosaic?
I am currently remodelling my kitchen and in dilemma...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
What do you think?
What do you think of this Houston kitchen that we did...
Which sofa/s would you change out?
I have got a lot of large black leather sofas in our...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...