Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khader2020

Help me with my bedroom

khader2020
10 years ago
Hello.... I need your help with my bedroom ... I have an accent wall to the right of my bed headboard -it is the biggest wall in my room - but I don't feel comfortable with its color and I wanna add something to it "art, pictures،....."
to make my room looks better... I would like to hear your comments and if u have any further comment regarding any thing related to its design I would like to hear

Comments (40)

• khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What would you like to say?more photos
  • atul261187
    10 years ago
    See first of all if u dnt want ur bedrm looks cheap, remove the mirror ( dressing table) it should be at place which is not visible from bed.

I suggest as the pink coloured wall is big behind the mirror. Make is painted light rather than bright colour and u can have bright shiny work at the back of ur bed.

Add some landscape painting ( gud for bedrooms) to that wall with single lamp on it. To make it look more descent u can always put curtains aside of the painting.
  • hatetoshop
    10 years ago
    Lower your artwork, over the bed, by about 5 inches. Add some bedside lamps (perhaps the type with clear glass, to brighten your space). The furniture looks a bit tight in there, but I don't see how you could rearrange it. Are you into painting the furniture?
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank u very much atul &hatetoshop...
    @atul I think your ideas are really helpful. But for the time being it is difficult to change any paint colors hopefully in the near future.

@hatetoshop thank u very much for your comment I think your ideas are affordable. And you r right the area is very small for all this furniture. Regarding painting the furniture actually I am not thinking about it but I am seriously thinking about replacing the furniture in this room with new white furniture. I do really like the modern white bedroom furniture ...
  • User
    10 years ago
    Yes, white furniture would be a good contrast against the hot pink.
  • indianpatti
    10 years ago
    Painting the walls would be the single most important thing to change in this room. A lot less expensive than buying new furniture. If you do not love this color, why would you spend $1 on buying things to make it work?

That being said ... I would replace the ceiling light with a white or silver tone one & replace the curtains with light shades or drapes.
  • Ayse Nur Seymen
    10 years ago
    Hi khader, I think u remove cabinet and table. And u rotate the mirror 90*. After theese, u can buy a shelf (example ikea lack shelf), under the mirror. So; You win a minimal look from your pink wall;)
  • rinked
    10 years ago
    Will the mirror and closet fit on the left side of the bed (remove the night stand)?

And I'm not too keen on the artwork combined with the romantic curtains and bedding.

Some supersized wall stickers (like white peony flowers) on the pink wall could look great!
    KTH Interior Design Work · More Info
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank u very much ...
    I made some changes and would like to hear your comments
  • rinked
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    How about the high closet on the right, next to the window, left of it a nightstand, the bed and on the left the mirror? This might center the bed better, because a nightstand is narrower than the vanity.
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What do u think ??
  • rinked
    10 years ago
    Better.

What do YOU think?
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I don't like it ،،،، I don't feel comfortable with this design ...
    Today I made some changes I got this result it is very similar to the first one you suggested but u didn't like ... What's wrong with this design
    Would u suggest something to hang on the walls ???
    Thank u very much
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The photos
  • houssaon
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I love the colors in the room. How about moving the bed to the red wall?
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    The pink wall is designed to be the focal wall but the focal point of a bedroom is the bed, so try putting the bed on the pink wall to draw your focals together.
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I will try moving the bed to the pink wall, but if I do where shall i put the mirror then ???
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Is the mirror free standing or attached to something? If free standing I would prop it on the floor in the left corner by the window,
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    it is not free standing !
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    So, the mirror is attached to the low cabinet under it and the armoire/chest is another piece? I think we are missing a piece of the puzzle. You've shown us the pink wall and the bed wall but not all of the other two walls. Maybe that would help give some direction? Please post pix of those.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Hi Khader. I think one difficulty is that we don't know how much room there is between the end of your bed (as it is now) and the wall that it faces, which must be the wall with the door. Is this about right? Any dimensions you could provide would be useful.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Snap, Decoenthusiaste!
  • PRO
    Paris Flea Interiors
    10 years ago
    White furniture will really bring out your colors and style. I think the room is playfully pink!!!! You go!
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    see photos
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The distance you mentioned in the pic is 141cm

And the length of the wall you mentioned is 244cm
  • PRO
    Beautiful Wall Decals
    10 years ago
    Wall Decals may be a great option for you! www.BeautifulWallDecals.com offers hundreds of awesome designs and if you can't find one you like there is a custom design process! Decals would be a great way to cover a bit of your pink wall & add a bit more style or a theme to your room!
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Hi again. Oh, wow, with the wardrobes on that door wall you really don't have much breathing room! Would you consider painting those fixtures white? I think that being dark they must kind of loom over you when you lie in bed (whichever way you place the bed). And it would make a good contrast between the wardrobe and chest, and the door, which you could leave as is. Right now they all rather meld together.

Any other opinions on that?
  • PRO
    Hooplaroom
    10 years ago
    Hello,
    Your accent wall is already very bright. I suggest that you keep the focus on this wall by removing many of the bright pink items that you have in your room. Currently, what bothers me is that my eyes can't stop on anything because it's ''too pink'' everywhere. I'll change the duvet cover with a white one, same for the curtains. Maybe you could have pink pillows and some pink in your wall art but don't exaggerate the pink in the room. Good luck!
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Good idea Rina, I will consider it
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hooplaroom thank u for your comment.. Actually I have other duvets -this is actually the brightest- one of them is mostly grey with some pink dots. May this fit more with all this pink ?!
    What colors u suggest other than white, as I don't like the color white for textiles -I know that's so weird-
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    Now that we see the entire space, the main issue is that the wrong wall has been painted pink. Since the bed faces the door, and that is the optimal location for sound restful sleep, the current bed wall should be the focal and that's where the pink should be. Paint is the cheapest solution to that issue, and since you aren't crazy about the color, this might be your chance to change things up.
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    decoenthusiaste yeah u r right "the wrong wall had been painted"
  • PRO
    Hooplaroom
    10 years ago
    Maybe light grey then? Pink and grey are nice together. But definitely, it has to be a light color. And I would choose it plain. The wall by itself should be the focus. Or...change the color of the wall.
  • Jess
    10 years ago
    lovely room, get rid of the brown cabinates and replace them with modern white ones and maybe add some big images of cities of something to make it really classy :)
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank u Jess ... I loved the idea ... Would u further explain the following :
    These big images shall be put on the white or pink wall ?
    Something like the attached art photo...
    Shall I replace the stands or the tall cabinets with white ones ?..
  • Shredder
    10 years ago
    I like your artwork, just lower and center it above your bed. I would change your linens to something more modern and muted in color - a light taupe, or ivory - if you don't like white. Remove all the pink in the room except the accent wall. Paint your furniture white, or buy white furniture. Place the bed in front of the pink wall, or repaint the wall behind the bed. I have a similarly "loud" accent wall in my bedroom - it's a vermillion red - with black carpeting. My furniture is light, my bedding is light/neutral and the only red in the room is the wall behind the bed. I have white plantation shutters on my windows and french doors in the bedroom - your drapes are too heavy. Perhaps an understated white, textured roller shade with a valance? I'm thinking an accent wall color should be just that... an accent... not part of the entire color palate in the room. The room appears small. Can you remove any furniture at all? Clear glass lamps with white shades would work also. Put some carpet runners next to your bed to soften the flooring. Just my opinion. Let me know what you think.
  • Shredder
    10 years ago
    No, no.... not the skyline scene. Way too dark.
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank u shedder for all these points.
    Seriously I am planning to buy new white furniture for this room, and before that I will change the paint colors and change the accent wall as i have chosen the wrong wall to be an accent wall. But this may not happen in the near future so I asked for quick affordable changes in the design of my room to make it looks better.
    Additionally, the points u mentioned regarding the design of a room with an accent wall, seem very interesting "an accent wall is an accent wall not a part of an entire color palate".

You r right my room is small and I will consider this in any future purchase decision, regarding the linen I think I will go for light grey as I do really like this color. Finally the my curtains are not heavy but I like the idea of having a roller shades but not white !!

I made small changes in my room -I moved the mirror to the right side of the bed. Next to the window wall and then I put the stand, the bed and the other stand, and I got rid of the tall cabinet. I would like to hear your comments about this design and your ideas about the best things to put on the pink and white walls.
    Thank u Again
  • khader2020
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    A picture for the new design