ymrayburn
What is the most durable finish to buy when you are redoing a bathroom in a beach house where the water is full of minerals and so destructive to fixtures?
Keerthi Naidu
Hi there, were you able to find an appropriate finish for your beach house bathroom yet? What'd you end up using?
0 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 3:02PM
Terri
Same problem here in the NC beach house we recently purchased no matter how hard I clean. I haven't heard of a particular fixture material that is impervious to this type of water corrosion, but I think drying the fixtures after using them helps - it's worse when the water sits on them for lengths of time. I've used CLR for bathroom and kitchen on our stainless steel fixtures - it works on the newer ones but the older ones are beyond hope. Once a week I rub the fixtures with a little bit of lemon oil using a clean, microfiber rag (sink, fiberglass shower too) and it keeps it stain free a little while longer - wonder if a car wax product would protect it? If you come across a better solution please let me know! Btw, we haven't gotten up the courage to drink the water - we buy bottled, yet we're told it's perfectly safe to drink.
0 Likes   May 18, 2013 at 5:42PM
What color should I paint my wall?
I want to paint my big empty white wall and kindly...
Hamid
PLEASE HELP - Need exterior house color advice
Just repainted the entire exterior and kind of hate...
vecarlson
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
Need help turning an unusable closet into a kitchen pantry
We just moved into an adorable 50s ranch and as you...
freckles1215
Ideas for a Homeschool Room with 7 computers and family room
We are a homeschooling family with tons of books. 7...
happycl8