Color for kitchen walls
eddiengail
I have maple color cabinets and gold/brown granite. Should I paint dark brown? Any benjamin moore color suggestions
Dark brown might be overpower and monotone, here is one idea with blue undertones.

December 9, 2013 at 10:56am     
eddiengail
Thank you
December 9, 2013 at 11:04am   
eddiengail
Do you think a color like autumn leaf 1131 or something like that would look good or just stay away from browns. I'm going to go to store and get sample of your suggestion also. Thanks again
December 9, 2013 at 11:13am   
Ann
I might just go with a light color similar to the lightest color in the backsplash. But, I actually think your dark brown idea is interesting. I recently painted an accent wall with ben moore "Fallen Timber" and I LOVE that dark brown. It's pretty dark but beautiful and it came to mind for your kitchen. I think autumn leaf would clash but let's take side by side looks at autumn leaf and fallen timber.
December 9, 2013 at 11:38am   
Ann
Sorry, I don't know why my autumn leaf picture ended up small. I thought I did them the same way. I'm thinking autumn leaf might be too close to the color of the cabinets, but not quite right with lots of potential to clash.
December 9, 2013 at 11:39am   
eddiengail
That's ok. Yes it is very similar. I'll look into the fallen timber. Thanks
December 9, 2013 at 11:55am   
Ann
eddiengail - what's the third picture in your original post? Is your kitchen nice and bright? I think that would be important if you decide to choose a dark color. If it's rather dark in there, I think I'd choose a light colored paint. But, I still must say, I'm intrigued by your dark brown idea - it just might look quite nice. Here are examples with maple cabinets and dark brown (the color looks very similar to my fallen timber paint) and maple cabinets with a wall color close to the lightest color in your backsplash. If you decide to go dark and to go with brown, I'd suggest you go pretty dark - an in between brown might not be great.
[houzz=Exotic Destination Living]
[houzz=Goleta Residence]
December 9, 2013 at 12:14pm   
eddiengail
My kitchen is bright. My cabinets form an L on the inside wall and the opposite side where table is has windows. Where ever it's green is where I need to paint. I'm sending picture. Hopefully it will help.
December 9, 2013 at 12:32pm   
Ann
Wow, looks like a beautiful view! Is the third picture in the original post new flooring?
December 9, 2013 at 1:11pm   
eddiengail
Yes. It's a happy floor. Lefka walnut. I have to paint kitchen and entryway which goes up the steps and hallway upstairs. The brown would be too dark for entry and hall so I'll have to pick something that compliments kitchen color. Thanks for ur patience and continuing help
December 9, 2013 at 1:15pm     
Need to update this exterior ASAP!! Suggestions
Just bought this home that is in need of complete renovation...
Need help with storage, curtains, and style
Im considering buying cherry hutch pictured to go...
Kitchen splats backs re opening discussion
Hi all please refer to houzz.com And scroll down to...
Layout Ideas for Small Multi-Roomed Apartment?
I just bought an apartment, in Brazil, and I've created...
Would a pedestal table look good here?
I have an awkward corner where my 2 sofas meet. Do...