Show us your wreath!
Jeannie Nguyen
Tis the season to show us your wreaths!

Post a photo of your wreath and let us know where you got it, or if you made it. :) Tutorials are greatly appreciated!

sunnydrew
I have an old artificial wreath that came with a bird and some gold trim and balls. I replaced the gold balls with some new ones using a hot glue gun, which is very easy. Just face the top/opening into the wreath so it does not show. I added some dried magnolia leaves to give it a more "natural" look and add some texture. I simply tucked in the stems to the wreath or glued as I went around, creating symmetrical points around the perimeter. It also made the wreath larger and more interesting. You could then add other items like ribbon or berries if you want. I have hung this wreath on the inside of the door so I can enjoy it in my foyer.
24 Likes   Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen    December 9, 2013 at 3:04PM
Progressive Solutions / Renaissance Bronze Windows
Here are some great wreath ideas-

4 Likes   Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen    December 9, 2013 at 4:15PM
pattikee
Very nice sunny drew :)
1 Like   December 9, 2013 at 4:39PM
bluenan
I used a large fake wreath as the base then cut cedar from the woods and stuffed the wreath until none of the original fake greenery showed. It's a good way to easily and inexpensively make a real looking wreath. You can use any type of fresh evergreen cuttings and use the base year after year. I'll have to see if I can find an even bigger one next year!
27 Likes   Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen    December 9, 2013 at 5:41PM
rredpenn
Sunnydrew, that is gorgeous. Love the dried leaves!
0 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 2:22PM
studio10001
I just finished this year's ( the vine was hitchhiking from the materials pile).
19 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 6:44PM
chloebud
The swag on the brick is one I bought and embellished a bit. Comments are welcome...should the bow be changed...omitted??? The other swag with just a red bow is what I made for our mailbox and lamp posts along the driveway. I got plenty of fresh-cut greens from Home Depot..."take all you want."
17 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 7:05PM
studio10001
If you have any of the red left, it would make a nice fat bow for the first one,too. Lucky you to get the HD greens - ours make theirs into wreaths and sell those, too!
2 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 7:12PM
Nikki Basinger
My Pottery Barn inspired wreath for around $15. I'm a diy-er but do it inexpensively.
8 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 7:14PM
Rachel H
I discovered a garden center in nearby Littleton, MA, http://cataldonurseries.com/, that let's you pick out your wreath - real, fake, pre-lit, etc - and your own decorations from a large selection and in short time, they will put your wreath together for you. I chose a blue and silver bird theme on an artificial wreath so I can use it for many years. I love how it came out and it didn't cost any much more than their pre-made wreaths. If you're passing through this area, this place is worth visiting!
16 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 7:17PM
hbhider
Rachel-thanks! I'm moving to Littleton this weekend!
1 Like   December 10, 2013 at 7:21PM
Rachel H
Wow - welcome to the neighborhood! I just moved to Acton this time last year. Hope the weather warms up a little for you and your move!
2 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 7:23PM
armygirl1987
I use to live in Bedford and worked at Ft. Devens.
2 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 8:04PM
chloebud
studio10001, I'll try the red ribbon on the larger swag...thanks!
2 Likes   December 10, 2013 at 8:19PM
aiga
This is from last year - knitted from a charity shop.
This year we have from spruce cones and like materials.
12 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 3:57AM
pooh1639
Several years ago I designed a memory wreath. I collected key chains and other small items of our travels each year and used them for decorations. Now every Christmas we love to see where we have been over the years. Great conversation piece also!
21 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:05AM
Recaptured Charm
This is my finger knitted Christmas Wreath. A Finger knitted long strand is wrapped around a foam wreath and then decorated. A full tutorial is at http://www.recapturedcharm.com/2013/11/finger-knitted-christmas-wreath.html
21 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:19AM
Recaptured Charm
An inexpensive Holiday Wreath made from yarn, styrofoam and a few decorations. Full tutorial here, http://www.recapturedcharm.com/2010/11/holiday-yarn-wreath.html
25 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:21AM
All 4 Show, LLC
]
I love a wreath on a mirror.... :)
3 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:23AM
Recaptured Charm
Christmas Wreath made from white coffee filters and some christmas decor. Full tutorial http://www.recapturedcharm.com/2011/12/coffee-filter-christmas-wreath.html.
11 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:24AM
joverstreet21
I call this the Sisters' wreath. In the past few years it as been decorated, layered and added to by sister and myself. I look forward to the changes each year as we each tweak it a bit every time we pass it.

This year sis won't be home for Christmas :-( so it only has my additions. She has a picture - no doubt a suggestion or new bauble will soon be headed my way!
16 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:24AM
Recaptured Charm
Another Finger Knitted Wreath... could be for fall, or used all year round. Probably one of my favorites that I've made. Tutorial here http://www.recapturedcharm.com/2013/11/finger-knitted-succulents-wreath.html
13 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:26AM
inkydemure
We moved into our house last winter and our deck was ankle-deep with lovely pinecones. I saved them up and made a few wreaths. Next year, I'll save every single one so I can make more!
20 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 6:27AM
meguin
This year is the first time I've tried making my own wreath. I made it out of a wreath form, floral wire, and clippings from my holly bushes.
12 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:12AM
lisette15
Love a red wreath
7 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:23AM
oleandergirl
Why won't it let me post my picture? I'm not given the option using the app, so I went through browser. Attach images option is there, but it doesn't open my picture files!
0 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:34AM
sunnydrew
oleander girl- keep trying to post. It really is easy.
0 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:43AM
sunnydrew
So many great ideas. I love the idea of the sister wreath, but my sister is so far away.
0 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:44AM
mairie
My front and side door wreaths..elegant and quick to make..
9 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 7:54AM
mematthews
My first attempt to get some blue and silver Christmas theme going...
10 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 8:21AM
W.K. Appliance
This is the peppermint candy wreath I made for work. It was inexpensive, easy, and fun to make. Materials include: a wire hanger, wrapped peppermint candies, curling ribbon, a small scissor to cut off the candy for eating, and a big bow for the top.
4 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 9:09AM
Sandra Pitt
It's beautiful!
0 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 9:12AM
Designs by S & K LLC
Wreaths made up to sell this year.
2 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 10:51AM
Cynthia Charleville
My mom did a rectangular wreath last year. She just cut the foam to the size she wanted and started adding greens and flowers, ribbons etc. She's got a knack for floral arrangements so that helps!
7 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 11:22AM
2butterflies1
I used a fake evergreen wreath as a base and added a few tree ornaments, beaded garland, bells, pine cones, glittery branches and flowers, a small nutcracker and a purple peacock. I love how it turned out and it now hangs over my fireplace.
3 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 11:42AM
Sam Hill
My brother makes a wreath most years, and this year he is using an old broken log basket as the base structure. Also included is holly (hopefully with berries, unless the pigeons have eaten them all), cinnamon sticks, ivy, dried orange and foliage. It always is great!
0 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 12:26PM
keeleykross
Here's our wreath my 3 yeAr old and I made using an upcycled bicycle rim. (Please ignore our ugly door, as I am a renter)
7 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 12:56PM
memo77
I bought the wreath in a thrift shop for 6 bucks and had my wife replace the old decor with some items from Michaels.
6 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 1:49PM
Sean
I found this faux berry wreath in a retail home store and then just added some magnolia sprays i cut from a tree in the neighborhood. I love to mix organic realness with faux decor pieces at the Holidays. Take a nature walk in your backyard and see what you find.
23 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 3:29PM
stephmal
I made the "Noel" wreath many years ago, and the other I just picked up at a consignment store this year.
10 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 4:09PM
Brenda Szarek
I made this wreath with Magnolia leaves from our home tree, pine cones from our lake cottage and wood shavings from my husband's hard work in our basement workshop. See how I made it in an upcoming blog on http://busybzdesigns.blogspot.com/
6 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 4:10PM
dstemple1956
I made this swag for my cousin. I have one on my door with the same theme except the colors are copper, teal and apple green.
5 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 4:17PM
qmahina
We got this beautiful wreath from Home Depot.
13 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 9:37PM
Lonnie
This is such a fun and easy wreath to make and liven up your indoor holiday decorations. Kids love it and it's edible! It's a wreath the whole family can make together. It may also be stored year to year. Typically made with M&Ms but can basically be made with anything. Let your imagination go wild. I made one with gum drops but I really think it could be popcorn, which is a lot cheaper than M&Ms. Also, try non-edible items. Going to make one using potpourri, for each season, will post when I'm done. Use a strong wire hanger, shape into a circle. Wrap the the top hook of the hanger with a pipe cleaner. Cut Saran Wrap into squares, decent size to hold the M&Ms and enough to tie it closed securely ( doesn't have to be exact but close). I cut Saran Wrap large enough so that once I've tied it closed, I have enough to tie in a tight knot around hanger OR you can use ties. *Don't tie too tightly on hanger because you'll want to be able to adjust placement as you go along. Finish off with a bow, bells, etc.
2 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 11:33PM
Susan Mills Design
Made it myself:)
23 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 11:44PM
Here is a my wreath which I love although I cannot attest to having created it myself. He is accompanied by my rhinoceros
10 Likes   December 11, 2013 at 11:46PM
carolins
Here's mine. Made it myself. Straw wreath base and small bunches of green from the garden attached to it. It's on the front (Dutch in many ways) door :-)
20 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 12:55AM
carolina - I love it how your Christmas balls echo the handle (just can't take the designer out of you!)
5 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 1:40AM
chookchook2
Had a singing one once, made by Franklin. Model number was the a wreatha.
6 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 3:17AM
carolins
ASV lol... now you mention it :-) hahaha... I would love to say that the balls were a conscious decision. Not that I was unconscious, but I never thought about the door handle... I did wonder what made them look so good in there. Now I know! Thank you :-D
4 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 3:34AM
mefor
I couldn't find your tree one chook, but I saw this one ;D

Carolins, beautiful wreath, is there one on stable door yet? :)
3 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 3:46AM
carolins
mforr... me thinks you forgot to attach pic?

Nah... haven't made one for the stables yet. Maybe this afternoon... I could make one out of branches. Hmm... now there's an idea. I love Antoinette's feathery wreath and the one from Susan Mills.
3 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 4:13AM
mefor
No, just referring to chooks's joke :D
1 Like   December 12, 2013 at 4:17AM
mefor
I think a branch/twig wreath would be lovely :) I have one on the back door, it's just a simple oval of grape vine, from the vines that grow along the back garden path. The grapes that are just for the birds, squirrels and deer, lol.
2 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 4:19AM
chookchook2
This is Gert. You should eat fruit dear. I've got some bulk tinned, you can take home with you, if you wouldn't mind plucking my eyebrows first, dreary. Shaky hands these days.
3 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 4:45AM
chookchook2
SPELLCHECK she said Deary!
3 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 4:45AM
Pat
Here's my wreath. Flocked greenery decked out in vintage ornaments and all varieties of seasonal kitsch. Made this several years ago from found treasure. Happy holidays to all.
7 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 10:22AM
Xtraordinary by Design
We are just getting started but right now there are 4, 2 live (left as is), 1 pom ball in my girl's room (which my husband thinks is crazy because you can barely see it from outside), and 1 I made with wine corks. The latter stays up all year (except Halloween) and I just leave it plain. For Xmas, I just added very few magnolia flowers and leaves.
8 Likes   December 12, 2013 at 12:58PM
Mark
Happy holidays everyone !
9 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 3:42AM
carolins
Happy holidays to you too Mark :-) And to all the others too of course.

And I just made this one for the stables. Everything came from the garden.
19 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 7:22AM
chookchook2
Happy Holidays to you too Mark and everyone.
5 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 7:26AM
Susan Mills Design
Made this one too, it's for over the fireplace. As you can see, rather a lot of beachcombing was done this summer!
8 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 6:20PM
edithsmom
Susan Mills, I love your driftwood wreath! I, too, beachcomb all year and have two old galvanized buckets filled with finds. Have to try to make a wreath like yours.
1 Like   December 13, 2013 at 6:42PM
Cat Rowe
Happy Holidays Chookchook!
0 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 6:56PM
Susan Mills Design
Edithsmom, it's very gratifying. Don't use a glue gun though, wood glue works the best and will last if you place your wreath outdoors. I love the natural shapes and textures of the wood. I give them a quick dip in a slight bleach solution first, let air dry and you can leave them as is or painted. For the first one I posted, I mixed up a light grey and a white, but really you can do any colours you please. Add some beach glass or other found bits for a gratifying memoir of glorious days on the beach! Happy Holidays!
4 Likes   December 13, 2013 at 7:55PM
carol100
What would you like to say?here's our wreath my husband made in 1981. We got our pine cones in the woods outside Julian, CA. We've changed out the decor a time or two but the pine cones are still in great shape.
5 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 10:15AM
Comforts of Home
A few of our wreaths.
7 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 1:19PM
Comforts of Home
More
2 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 1:20PM
bradpap
Wine corks to good use
4 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 4:56PM
syncope
I did the first wreath for my front door last year. The second one I did for my sister. It's so interesting to see all the different styles and how personalities shine through. Merry Christmas everyone!
4 Likes   December 14, 2013 at 5:40PM
GardenAcademy
Short before Christmas, we have a special “Last-Minute-Idea” for all Poinsettia-fans: What about an large „Indoor-Poinsettia-Wreath” – with this wreath you may decorate your living-room, the sanctuary of a church or the entrance area of a house …
You'll find a short "Step-by-Step"-instruction in English and German Language here: http://gartenakademie.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/poinsettia-wreath-•-weihnachtsstern-kranz/
5 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 4:53AM
All Property Solutions
This is the first time I've made a wreath. It was such a fun day with friends at a local garden nursery that I plan to do it again next year!
9 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 8:05AM
GardenAcademy
For all who want to make a gift to your singing birds ...
4 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 9:20AM
GardenAcademy
This romantic one for a modern and stylish room ... Merry Christmas from Austria!
6 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 12:57PM
regina5697
If any of you are Catholic celebrating advent, each year you might understand the struggle of making pink and purple advent wreath candles blend with Christmas colors. This year I opted to signify the pink and purple with ribbon around a prettier silver candle. Here's my advent wreath...
3 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 1:39PM
syncope
Good news regina5697, the Pantone "color of the year" for 2014 is Radiant Orchid so next year you can consider yourself on trend with your pink and purple advent wreath! (See Houzz "color of the year" article for details/comments.) Btw, clever idea and your wreath looks really pretty.
2 Likes   December 15, 2013 at 11:10PM
clarkac64
My $2 wreath from walgreens and leftover silver and green ribbon. I think the lime is an unexpected pop against the silver and red door. Love this...
3 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:49AM
clarkac64
can't get it to load the correct way today for some odd reason.
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 11:51AM
mefor
Here you go :)
5 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:55AM
chookchook2
Yr nice Mforr.
2 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 12:07PM
clarkac64
Thanks... my computer is NOT cooperating today at All...lol
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 12:07PM
rosestnt
Inexpensive, glitter garland wrapped around a store- bought plastic frame, matches my pink door...
3 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 6:31PM
rmcabochan
I tried making this wreath for our front door.
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 6:38PM
chookchook2
Frodo and Sam collected some wraiths, but they were undersized so had to throw them back in the swamp.
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 7:02PM
armygirl1987
Here is mine
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 8:19PM
syncope
ok ... I see it...but I still can't tell what it's made of. I love the red against the blue though.
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 9:29PM
armygirl1987
@ rngp- it looks like tinsels that goes on the trees. Have had it for years. Martha Stewart when she sold her stuff in Kmart.
1 Like   December 17, 2013 at 11:33AM
escolat
Lately,I've been doing a casual, simple, berry wreath loosely placed on a post lantern. I love the relaxed mood it creates. Low-key and natural looking...it doesn't 'scream Christmas!'
3 Likes   December 17, 2013 at 8:06PM
mjdavies
Our hospital foundation sells beautiful wreaths made by staff as a fundraiser each year. This is one I bought.
3 Likes   December 17, 2013 at 8:22PM
figosmom
Here's my indoor and outdoor. Real on door. Just added to the artificial indoor.
4 Likes   December 18, 2013 at 6:49AM
figosmom
Oops. Sent 1 too many!
0 Likes   December 18, 2013 at 6:49AM
Xtraordinary by Design
Oops, I missed that part about tutorials. Here's the link to the wine cork wreath - http://www.xbydesign.biz/wine-wreath/
1 Like   December 19, 2013 at 10:03AM
carolins
I love that wine cork wreath. Thanks :-)
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 10:10AM
carolins
Nikki, just read the tutorial. Thanks for the smiles. Cheers :-D
1 Like   December 19, 2013 at 10:14AM
chloebud
escolat, I love the berry wreath. I know it's a little hard to see, but it reminds me of this one in our family room.
2 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 10:45AM
escolat
Yes, simple , meek and natural... and very classy, understated style...love it!
0 Likes   December 19, 2013 at 2:00PM
gigihd
I love using burlap for my wreaths. Whether indoors or out, they hold their form and have just a great natural look.
2 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 5:48AM
Luciana
After seeing everyone else's creative wreaths, I realise mine is more on the traditional side. My sister bought the base (natural); she got the biggest she could find, forgetting we don't live in a bloody castle with some enormous gates (note to self: don't ask her to buy the wreath next year).
I don't have a tutorial, but I can show you the mess I've made in the kitchen whilst putting it together.
3 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 6:40AM
syncope
your wreath is lovely! kudos to you and your sister.
2 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 7:52AM
Borden Interiors & Associates
Our wreath above our credenza in the dining room- it gets updated and added to every year!
2 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 8:09AM
Margaret B
My granddaughter wanted "bling" this year. So we broke out the glue gun, used a a bunch of random ornaments we found in the attic and had a lot of fun updating an old wreath. Too lazy to take down the mirror above the fireplace so we used a suction cup and attached the wreath to the mirror.
5 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 9:11AM
Sean
I also did this wreath on a silver platter on my dining table, surrounding a glass vase. It has burgundy and plum colors with gold pine cones and peacock feathers.
2 Likes   December 25, 2013 at 5:11PM
amroberts2
A springtime wreath
1 Like   September 20, 2014 at 6:35AM
In Honor of St. Patrick's Day - Show us your green!
Do you have touches of green in your home? Do you...
Show us your favorite Houzz photo!
Is there one photo on Houzz that you come back to again...
Show us your Super Bowl party room!
In honor of the Super Bowl tomorrow, I'd love to see...
jen046
Show Us Your Hearth!
We want to see pictures of your hearth/fireplace/ect. Tell...
CJ's Home Decor & Fireplaces
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...
Help! Kitchen Layout ... New build
Hi! We are building a new home and are not sold on...
Brenna Pearce
All white walls look
I loved all the pictures of the all white wall look...
debovalencia
Need help with decor of this family room!
We are changing the floor to a darker wood. Any ideas...
paawani
Skylights vs. Dormer
We've been presented with two options for bringing...
pxlgirl