My Marriage & Toilet Plunger Placement / Storage

spinningwaterDecember 9, 2013
The dirtiest tool in the house. Worse then the dish sponge. My husband has purchased dozens of designer toilet plungers to help appease my distress with having it stored next to the toilet. I repeatedly request / demand that it be transported and stored in a plastic bag in the garage and rinsed off outside with the garden hose. I DONT WANT IT IN THE HOUSE & I REFUSE TO TOUCH IT!

When my husband uses it he rinses it out in the ( what he says is the clean toilet water ) now clog free toilet water and places right back into the holder next to the toilet. Gross!

We've actually had several, nasty, heated exchanges over this issue.

His argument is that if the toilet clogs, either from him or a guest, then they either have to ask for a plunger, pretent they didn't do it and just spontaneously make a excuse that they have to leave and whisk out of the house, or, he has to go to the garage and sneak past guests with a plunger in his hand and announce to everybody that the toilet is clogged.

We had this conversation with some close friends, and some leave their plunger in the bathroom in a linen closet or under the sink. I'm appauled to find out that some rinse in the sink or shower / tub. Yuck! Who are these people!

Suggestion please
solincia
Ask yourself this.... If you were at a friend's house and clogged the toilet, would you want to have to seek out the homeowner and ask for the plunger?
37 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 7:29PM
anothercarolinagirl
Sounds like this is a common occurrence, do you need a plumber.
I do keep a plunger in a pretty, flowerpot container, right next to the commode. I want it to be handy if needed, and ready at a moments notice for guests.
Cleaning a plunger 101: Keep a spray bottle of disinfectant close, place plunger in tub, spray plunger, handle too,and rinse. Place back in container, rinse tub. Wash hands. Don't forget to wash plunger container when cleaning bath.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 7:33PM
rosecottagehome
Maybe your household could use more dietary fiber to try and eliminate the plunger all together LOL : ) Ours is kept in the shed after cleaning for emergencies. Wondering where you keep your toilet cleaning brush?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 7:35PM
kimdee24
I'm with you. Mine lives in the garage.
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 9, 2013 at 7:41PM
Fred S
Who needs a brush if you pretend nobody pooos? What works best is denial.
19 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 7:48PM
solincia
You should read this... Also consider the bottom of your shoes are probably dirtier than a plunger.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2972129/
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 7:58PM
diyher
when a toilet clogs, many times you need the plunger to prevent it from overflowing. IMO, its better to have it in the bathroom where you can access it quickly kept in a neat container. I have a stainless one that I actually bought on Ebay lol. The woman decorated it with the same material as my comforter and it looks nice while sitting there :) Anyone who keeps one outside for emergencies is going to have some major damage one day that they could have avoided if it was right there when needed, especially for guests that come to visit.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:01PM
diyher
my kitchen sponge goes into my dishwasher every couple days and probably gets tossed out every month
1 Like    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:03PM
spinningwater
Solincia, I don't clog my guests toilets and that includes mine. I plan for such occasions and I'd like to think my guests also plan. Majority of folks are "regular" are they not? Ask yourself this, "are you not on a "schedule" ? Folks should plan
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:06PM
diyher
thanks for the link solincia :) they are right about the cell phone too. Especially those of us that wipe credit cards and have the customer use their finger to sign the screen for each purchase lol
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:06PM
diyher
oh come on spinningwater? you have to be kidding lmao. No one can plan everything in their life. What if a friend was taking a 3 hour drive to your house and whatever they ate 8 hours ago finally decided to affect when you have to go.
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:09PM
spinningwater
Diyer, I'm not putting the plunger in my dishwasher and neither is my husband! I agree, they need to invent a disposable plunger ;)
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:09PM
diyher
IMO, it is your responsibility to have the plunger there for your guests just like you do toilet paper. Some people consider toilet paper to be gross on a roll, would you keep that in your garage too?
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:11PM
solincia
No one plans on clogging a toilet--it just happens. It's one of life's unforeseen moments. With that said, I'd hate to be cleaning my floor because the toilet overflowed due to lack of an accessible plunger--I'd rather it stay in the toilet!
18 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:11PM
diyher
I didn't say plunger in the dishwasher, I said sponge if you see the link that was given to Huffington post :)
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:12PM
spinningwater
Diyer, I don't live in the country or in a remote area. Many, many public restrooms before you arrive to my home.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:12PM
spinningwater
Solincia, although I do appreciate your comments, you have provided no suggestions as a remedy to our situation. I feel you are completely out of touch.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:15PM
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:17PM
aqsscvds
How about keeping a little bleach under the sink to add to the water in the toilet after it gets plugged so the plunger gets disinfected? You could also keep Lysol there to spray on the handle.
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:18PM
spinningwater
Diyer, I interpreted your comment as if I should wash the plunger in the dishwasher. I though I was reading between the lines. Guess not
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:19PM
solincia
Interesting tid-bit from a "Today" article from 2008:
3. A load of wet laundry
Any time you transfer underwear from the washer to the dryer, you’re getting E. coli on your hands. Just one soiled undergarment can spread bacteria to the whole load and machine.
Reduce the risk: Run your washer at 150 degrees (you can check the temperature of your washing-machine water with a candy thermometer) and wash whites with bleach (not the color-safe type; it doesn’t pack the same punch), which kills 99.9 percent of bugs. Transfer wet laundry to the dryer quickly so germs don’t multiply, wash underwear separately (there’s about a gram of feces in every pair of dirty underwear) and dry for at least 45 minutes. Wash your hands after laundering.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:20PM
spinningwater
Margo, I don't like country music, but thanks for the attempt to cheer me up ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:21PM
spinningwater
Aqsscvds, bathrooms are supposed to smell nice. With all those chemicals, I'm convinced it'll smell like a daycare
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:24PM
solincia
My suggestion, not out of touch--there are germs all around us, and the toilet and the plunger are the least of your concerns when it comes to having contact with them. It's neither considerate nor practical to not have a plunger in an accessible location in the bathroom. Your fears are misguided; we are just trying to help you understand that so as to save you and your husband from an argument.
23 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 9, 2013 at 8:24PM
spinningwater
Rosecottagehome, I've requested that our house cleaner keep the toilet brush with her. That is a very simple solution to that issue.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:27PM
diyher
lol
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:35PM
coco1019
Is this real life?
12 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:41PM
diyher
?? I don't live in the country or in a remote area. Many, many public restrooms before you arrive to my home. so you expect everyone to pull over to some rest room before arriving at your house? :)))))))))) I guess if they eat dinner at your house, they better leave quick before they expectantly have to use YOUR toilet
13 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:41PM
mkmort
My most embarrassing moment happened on Thanksgiving this year. We visited my husband's family. Stayed at a cousin's home. A beautiful home. The bathroom that we were using was occupied with another guest so I used the small half bath upstairs. We had traveled for the last 2 days and stayed up drinking wine the night before. Anyway things didn't go well for me and then to my chagrin it would not flush. And No plunger available. So I am mortified but have to ask for a plunger. I worked on that toilet for about an hour and just could not get it unclogged. My gracious host also tried with a snake and some other things. He informed me that the toilet often clogs. They have a grinder and his wife uses the disposable cleaners because she doesn't like the brushes and it stops up the toilet. He had to put a sign on the guest's bathroom for all the Thanksgiving guests to see "OUT OF ORDER PLEASE USE DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM". If it had happened when there were 25 people there it may have overflowed and that would have caused other issues for our Thanksgiving Day! We will probably never be invited again.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:42PM
mkmort
I am thinking I will send our cousin's one of these. It is a clog cannon available on Flylady.net
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:47PM
vkilpatrick
Holy smokes. Pick your battles and for Pete's sake don't let a flippin' toilet plunger cause an argument with your spouse.
13 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:48PM
diyher
my guess more than plungers are picked for battles?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 8:59PM
mkmort
This plunger doesn't touch the water. Maybe it is the solution you need. http://www.wayfair.com/PF-Waterworks-PlungeMAX-No-Mess-Sanitary-Toilet-Plunger-PF0501-XNG1014.html
1 Like    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:01PM
vkilpatrick
Also, be nicer to your housekeeper...you know--the one you make keep the toilet brush with her?
She might just clean your tooth brush with it one day.
23 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:02PM
lopipopi
I find that the worst offenders are little kids. My 8 year-old is not the most efficient with the toilet paper and will occasionally clog the toilet after using half the roll.

Here's another link to cause nightmares:

http://listverse.com/2013/06/21/10-foods-you-eat-that-all-contain-feces/
    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:02PM
bexaliikai
Is this even for real??
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:12PM
chookchook2
The marriage is the most important thing. Go out for a romantic dinner and don't discuss the toilet at all.
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:16PM
diyher
but chookchook2, it's what happens after all that dinner that causes problems :D :D
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:19PM
sbrustein
I had a really cute toilet that ,arched a small pedestal sink in my powder room. It was British and I bought it online when I renovated the bathroom. But, there was a problem- it didn't flush well at all. I had my plumber rig it to do a double flush, but it still didn't work well. I got tired of praying that guests wouldn't clog it. I finally pulled it out and replaced it with a Toto. The color isn't exactly like the sink, but I am so relieved that I actually have a toilet that works well. I also don't like the look of a plunger near the toilet. I keep mine in a bucket in my laundry room in the basement . I haven't had to use it since I replaced the toilet.
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 9, 2013 at 9:23PM
anothercarolinagirl
What would you like to say?

I assume you're not in the medical field. I am. I'm good at this stuff. Seen it, described, written about, cleaned it, flushed it, sometimes welcomed it, especially after a patient had surgery.
It's normal body function and all in a day's work.

Might be inclined to put this in the neighborhood of phobias-
Poopoophobia, plunge phobia, LOL.
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:32PM
lopipopi
Buy a brand new plunger and place near the toilet. If you have a non-emergency then there is time to get the old one from the garage. If it's an emergency then use the new one. Assuming that the toilet plugs once or twice a year you'll need to buy a replacement every now and again, but everyone is happy (even the local hardware store). It's a little crazy but a bit of a compromise. Also, I usually just turn the water shutoff if it looks like the toilet is going to overflow. This will give you more time to run out to the garage, although can't expect guests to do it.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:39PM
bubbasgma
Trained Professionals only. Do NOT try this at home!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 9:59PM
armygirl1987
Sad to say that Houzz has gone to the toilet.
13 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 10:01PM
Found your solution - hope this solves your marriage problemhttp://www.yankodesign.com/2012/09/04/clogged-free-forever/
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 9, 2013 at 10:19PM
rosecottagehome
Wow bubbasgma, the toilet you found must have a jet engine : ) Impressive and would certainly solve the situation posted here.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 3:14AM
hatetoshop
How often does your toilet get clogged? Perhaps you do need a new one? Or call a plumber to find out why it's happening. As far as having plungers and brushes in view, I think most people don't even notice that stuff (although I do keep my plunger in a bucket in the basement).
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 3:40AM
spinningwater
Vkilpatrick, I'm extremely courteous and kind to my house keeper. I bought the brush cleaner for her as a gift! I did request that she clean only my toilet wih it though. I don't want other folks "stuff" being brought into my home
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:06AM
spinningwater
Mrsmitj, not a phobia! I, on occasion, have picked up, with my bare hands, my dogs waste.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:17AM
spinningwater
Hate to shop, thanks for the suggestion. I'll research new toilets
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:23AM
mefor
You're kidding about all this, right?
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:30AM
Victoria
Find something more important to worry about or invest in better plumbing if it is that big a deal. IMHO you just need to get a life (sorry, but there are far more things to worry about than toilet plungers).
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:34AM
Victoria
If I received a toilet brush as a gift, I think I'd tell the giver to stick it where the sun doesn't shine LOL. Everyone's s!*t stinks! What makes yours so special?
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:36AM
bubbasgma
#t=42
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:39AM
Fred S
Ok, I just have to know what you do when somebody leaves a skid mark and you have no brush?
14 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:40AM
mefor
Hahaha, Victoria, it's not a real dilemma. Not like, lets say, Nutella kept in the...refrigerator!!!
Gasp!!!!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:42AM
Victoria
I'm appalled to know that some people would not keep it in a decorated, hygienic box in the cupboard.

"I, on occasion, have picked up, with my bare hands, my dogs waste." Whaaaat?! And a plunger is somehow dirtier than this because?
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:45AM
bubbasgma
spinningwater-does your water spin clockwise or counter-clockwise? Perhaps it needs repair?
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:48AM
Fred S
What happens if you get Nutella stuck to the bottom of the bowl?
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:49AM
Victoria
Then you're in big trouble Fred
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:50AM
mefor
Then you just go to the kitchen and get a spatula
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:51AM
Fred S
That stuff just goes right through me :D
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:53AM
Fred S
Eeew! That would be worse than using a toilet brush!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:56AM
bubbasgma
Research the newer models, before you take the plunge.
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:01AM
Victoria
Maybe you could give your housekeeper a special spatula, just for removing your Nutella but no one else's? I'm sure she'd be grateful...
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:02AM
mefor
Anyone would be grateful for that
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:08AM
mefor
After she cleans Nutella, a quick rinse in the now clean toilet water and back to flipping pancakes for breakfast
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:09AM
spinningwater
Victoria, why the viscous attack? This has nothing to do about the aroma of a persons bowels. If this was the issue, then I'd be looking for solutions for a existing underpowered bathroom fan. Finally, how do we go from dirty plungers to bread spread?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:09AM
armygirl1987
Because people are bored and convinced that this does not make any sense. Is this really a dilemma.
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:11AM
mefor
Spinningwater, do you sanitize the shower before and after getting into it? Or wear disposable shoes in it? You are standing in waste water every time you are in there. Why on earth would a toilet plunger that's been cleaned off bother you so much? Just rinse it in some bleach and rinse again until the bleach smell is gone. Really not that earth shattering a problem.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:17AM
Victoria
I think the word you are looking for is vicious, not viscous. This isn't a vicious attack at all, I just fail to see how someone can be so preoccupied with such a minor issue that they feel the need to post about it. Buy 10 plungers, leave them in the cupboard, use them once, throw away each time, never run out of stock, problem solved.
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:17AM
spinningwater
OnePlan, I'm glad folks think this is a big fat joke! This creates lots of stress in my life and strain on my relationship. I came to Houzz looking for solutions to my Doodie Dilemma. Im reaching out here to see if I'm completely out of touch. From some of the comments I've read, it appears that I'm not, but I'm also starting to realize that I may need to compromise
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:20AM
spinningwater
Victoria, yet another attack. Thanks for the spelling / grammar lesson. You new whut eye ment
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:24AM
mefor
You think that you're not out of touch on this issue?
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:25AM
mefor
Touched
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:26AM
Victoria
No, not an attack at all, just thought you had made a funny typo! Houzz is playing up today and many errors are creeping in, from me too. Chill about the whole thing, it's not a big deal.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:26AM
mefor
Maybe this will be a part of Jimmy Kimmels monologue?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:27AM
spinningwater
Mforr, absolutely not!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:28AM
spinningwater
Victoria, well I'm happy to hear that. Now I don't have to make a comment about your profile picture ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:30AM
mefor
Spinning water, making a fake dilemma and profile is fun for the rest of us, but there's no need to say anything nasty about someone who is real.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:32AM
mefor
Now you should "come clean" about the whole situation
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:33AM
pheebers
I seriously thought this was real until I read that a toilet cleaner was given as a gift to a housekeeper as an example of thoughtfulness.

Thoughtfulness is a spontaneous paid day off when your housekeeper needs it or making vacuum outlets more accessible. Providing a toilet brush is giving specific instruction and tools for an employee, and is perfectly appropriate, but is hardly a gift. Sheesh. Is anyone else picturing socks and underwear for the kids under the tree?

Please tell me something was lost in translation!
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:40AM
Jennifer Lucas
I do believe that Spinningwater is spinning a story! I think she just likes the conversation. I certainly can't believe that anyone could be so out of touch that they would buy a housekeeper a toilet bush as a present. I personally keep a plunger beside the toilet and spray it with cleaner weekly when I clean the bathroom. As a guest in someone's home, I would certainly be embarrassed to ask for a plunger.
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:41AM
Jennifer Lucas
And how in the world did I end up in this conversation? I came to Houzz looking for advice on using mesh ribbon on a Christmas tree, haha!
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:44AM
mefor
Toilet paper garland maybe? ;D
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:48AM
soberg
Rather than discuss plunger placement, I suggest getting the plumbing fixed! Toilets should not need frequent plunging...it's only for rare emergencies. So it really shouldn't matter where it gets stored. I understand that some houses do have a lot of trouble with toilets...that is a RED FLAG that your waste lines are probably 97% clogged.

I speak from experience. I have an active family with daughters and all 3 of us flush the flushable articles of feminine hygiene quite heedlessly. It's been years since the last time I needed to plunge and in fact I'm not even sure if we have a plunger or where it is. I do not need to have arguments about where to store the plunger. Suggest you get your waste lines Roto Rootered or replaced.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:48AM
Victoria
Comment away spinning. Sad you find a family enjoying a vacation unpleasant in some way, my children enjoyed the time on the beach.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:49AM
Blue
spinningwater, I definitely know where you are coming from! I didn't even ever own a plunger until a family member married someone with different "needs". Imagine how awful it was having to run out to home depot on a holiday! I agree - these things should be kept with other maintenance tools--out in the garage, and should only be carried with a container around the entire bulb.

I also don't think it's funny that so many people are picking on you for your preference. Everyone has something that bugs them. And for anyone who flippantly tells you to just let go of something that seriously bothers you, well, maybe they can just ignore this whole thread and let that go!

As for the problem itself, I think it's worth buying a new toilet. When low-flow requirements first came out, the water was restricted, but no new designs were implemented. Nowadays there are better designs. I'm in a new house with low-flow, dual-flush toilets and I haven't had a clog yet.
The money for a new toilet is as much as a nice dinner out -- enjoy it - your marriage will thank you!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 8:53AM
bubbasgma
People...it's a FAKE dilemma! Fake Profile! You can't just add your comments without reading all the other posts first.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:54AM
kimdee24
Ladies! Everyone has their "thing" and obviously this is spinning's "thing". I have a "thing" about the kitchen sink, I clean and dry it after I use it because I think kitchen sinks are gross. Real dilemma or not, why turn it into personal attacks? It's Christmas... let's be kind to one another.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:55AM
armygirl1987
The best thing is probably not responding and then it will go away with a flush.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:55AM
Sustainable Dwellings
I don't want one in my house!!! People will just have to " not Pooh" when they come to visit. haha. I think we put in some kind of super flush toilets... I hope. As for the outhouse idea... you contaminate the ground, and maybe the groundwater. By the way... anyone seen the "Pooh-pouri" ads?
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:55AM
mefor
Victoria, thank goodness you weren't worried about bacteria on the beach or in the water, you'd have to start a dilemma.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:56AM
bubbasgma
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:58AM
armygirl1987
How do you know it is FAKE and even if it is I think ignoring is better than trying to comment back and forth with a FAKE person.
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:03AM
shelleyuk
WTF is with the comments about people's profile pictures! Back off. Silly threads are fine but don't get personal.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:04AM
spinningwater
Blue, thank you so very much. I really do appreciate the comment and suggestion ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:04AM
spinningwater
Kimdee 24, you're and angel. Thank you dear ;) Lol on the drying of the kitchen sink. I really wish others would muster up the courage and admit to their pet peeves ( Not phobias) here. Appears you and I are in the rare minority. Thanks again for coming to my rescue ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:08AM
spinningwater
Victoria, I'm sorry. I needed time to cool off. I'll bite my tounge. Please accept my apology. It does appear that your children are enjoying themselves, it also appears that you are not. Is there something that you'd like to discuss here. Maybe we can help ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:12AM
shelleyuk
They do make disposable toilet brushes anyway. At least they do here in the UK. Toilet Duck do one. The wipe bit gets flushed after use.

I'm assuming you are talking about toilet brushes rather than plumbing plungers?
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:13AM
shelleyuk
Pack it in or incur the wrath of the UK gals. We might be few in number but we have worldwide supporters and we bite.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:15AM
mefor
Backhanded apologies aren't really "coming clean" :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:15AM
bubbasgma
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:16AM
spinningwater
plungers Shelleyuk. Brushes came up in conversation and I addressed the issue but get attacked for my honest response. I can't believe how hostile folks are getting. I came here for a solution and I can't believe how this has blown up into hostility :(
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:19AM
Victoria
To be honest spinning I had jet lag, the kids were coping better, it's an age thing..
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 9:21AM
spinningwater
Mforr, do you have a remedy? If not, ignore this entire thread! You've been a fly in the ointment this entire time!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:22AM
spinningwater
Victoria, nuff said ;) Understood ;)
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:23AM
mefor
Don't you mean toilet paper stuck on your shoe? Really fits the dilemma better, don't you think?
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:25AM
mefor
I posted a remedy for you already. Didn't you read it? It was there seriously, to help you with this "problem" that is not a phobia. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 9:26AM
shelleyuk
If you mean proper plungers then we definitely don't keep one in the bathroom. I didn't even know they did designer ones. We keep a toilet brush in each bathroom and I chuck them out regularly and replace with new ones since you can get them for about 50p here.

I would never have dreamt of keeping a proper plunger in the bathroom. Ours lives beneath the kitchen sink and I wouldn't even use it for toilet blockages.

Last toilet blockage here was tackled by me putting a plastic carrier bag on my hand and scooping out the offending blockage, triple bagging it and putting it in the bin.
spinningwater
OnePlan, I'm sorry that this thread had turned ticky-tack. You're correct. I was biting back. I thought I had a legitimate dilemma / grype. Sadly, I guess I do not
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:27AM
Victoria
US toilet plumbing is not as good as UK Shelley, I really don't know why but it is honestly mentioned in guide books!
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:28AM
spinningwater
Mforr, I'll revist the response. Thank you
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:28AM
spinningwater
OnePlan, admittedly I did giggle at a few and am starting to realize that maybe I need to come to a compromise. Thank you ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:34AM
shelleyuk
Really Victoria? I thought we'd be the ones with the antiquated plumbing! Do you US guys have regular plunger situations then?

We have seven toilets in our house. I think we've had blockages twice, ever.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:37AM
shelleyuk
Move to the UK. We have teeny tiny houses and we all live on top of one another because we are a tiny little island but our toilets work!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:38AM
bubbasgma
If I was truly experiencing such a dilemma. I would consult a plumbing forum.
Victoria
Strange but true Shelley, my youngest blocked a toilet aged 3 in the US once when we were skiing; you've never seen anyone run so fast in ski boots, still makes me chuckle!
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:41AM
Blue
Not sure why I felt compelled to go look this up, but I just found this:
All you have to do to convert your low flush toilet is to replace the stopper in the tank. The stoppers in low flush toilets have a hole in the end that allows air to escape and cause the stopper to fall sooner. Replace that and your problem is solved.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:44AM
PirateFoxy
Taking this seriously for a moment: some of the comments regarding making sure there is no need for a plunger as a guest by basically not using the facilities are actually ableist. What if one of your guests is unlucky enough to have a health problem that causes bowel issues unpredictably? Should they never go anywhere for fear of needing to use the loo?

If your toilet gets blocked often enough that this is an ongoing argument in the house, then either get the toilets fixed so they work properly (you may need to do things like change toilet paper brand also) or suck it up and keep the plunger handy so people can sort it out without having to break into the social conversation to ask for it. They aren't that expensive, if reusing it grosses you out then have spares and put a note on each one to leave it in the garbage bin or something if it has been used, so you know to dispose of it.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:54AM
bubbasgma
Thank you, Pirate!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 9:56AM
mamadubbs
My aunt clogged one of our toilets during a party and had to come find me for a plunger. We were both embarrassed. Never again will I not have a plunger in every bathroom.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 10:16AM
LaLennoxa
Wow, I woke up this morning reading this thread and thinking it was fun - but legit; only to come back later in the afternoon to now think it is funny and non-legit! LOL about Nutella - never heard that one before! This thread could go down the toilet with so many references. Seriously, please do not invite me over to your place...scared of the pooper...
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 10:30AM
mcbriec
OMG! This thread is simply hysterical! I am crying right now and will never think about toilet plungers and nutella the same way, especially because my friend horrified me by using a kitchen spatula to pick up dog do! (I did not eat at that house LOL!) And I do think that nutella could be characterized as viscous! Monty Python could have lots of fun with this thread!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 11:00AM
mcbriec
Oh, and how could I forget the hilarity of the thoughtful gift of a toilet bowl brush which the housekeeper is supposed to transport to work in her car very time she comes to the house. Yet more Monty Python fodder.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 11:07AM
Jayme H.
Keep two or three plungers on hand. When one is utilized, immediately bag and remove it for cleansing at a location of your choosing. Immediately replace used, soiled plunger with fresh, clean plunger.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 11:26AM
mcbriec
And about the toilet brush gift which the lucky recipient is only supposed to use at Spinning's house. I can just imagine other thoughtful customers giving the poor woman the same gift and her having all the toilet bowl brushes lined up in her undoubtedly large storage area, each inscribed with the name of the donor. And God forbid if she accidentally transports the wrong brush! I agree. This must be a hoax!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 11:51AM
coco1019
Poo poo on this thread.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 11:53AM
bungalowmo
Mine is in my bathroom...where it needs to be when I need it to be there.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:11PM
sunnie2day
Wow. I read all the comments and in about an hour my lower jaw will come unstuck from the floor. And I learned some really interesting things, too - I'll certainly never look at my toilet brush or plunger in the same way again.

Bonus points to J Petempich for noting since there is a vibrantly active discussion on under/over toilet roll (aka TP) hanging this discussion could very well be legit too.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:26PM
bubbasgma
Sometimes "truth is stranger than fiction".
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:35PM
mcbriec
I forgot to mention that only Nutella is viscous, not Victoria!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:49PM
LOL--I just sharted reading this thread...I need a pantie plunger;)
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 12:51PM
spinningwater
Mcbriec, I'm surprised that many people find humor in my request that I prefer that my house keeper, keep a designated toilet brush for my home only. Where is the problem with that!? As I said, I don't want a toilet brush ( along with the plunger )in my bathroom or home and I don't want other peoples stuff being brought into my home! My solution to that issue was a polite request that she keep it with her and designate it to my home only. I solved a issue that I stress over and it works for me, my husband and the house keeper
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:07PM
spinningwater- if you solved this dilemma, why did you create a dilemma on Houzz- we are on to you lol fortunetly I love bathroom humor ;))
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:13PM
rosecottagehome
I have to say, I am thinking I need to go to Home Depot tonight to buy a plunger to put in the guest bathroom for the Christmas party here tomorrow night!!! What would be the chances??? I would never have thought I needed to put this on my list.....beer, wine, appetizers, plunger! Seriously, I checked out the one in the shed today and I just couldn't put that out at a Christmas party. I wonder if they sell a red one! Now there is a design opportunity........seasonal decorative plungers for the guest bathroom.
13 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 1:35PM
mefor
With a candy cane striped handle :)
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:38PM
Don't forget the Nutella.....
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:40PM
mefor
:)
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:40PM
pheebers
Rosecottage, I couldn't help myself after you said that....I googled. Did you know the first thing that popped up was a Swarovski embedded walnut cane plunger? Who knew?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:41PM
rosecottagehome
LOL Margo!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:42PM
rosecottagehome
pheebers.....darn, there goes my next career opportunity! Better keep my day job.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:44PM
pheebers
spinningwater, if your housekeeper doesn't mind, then great. I'm more disturbed by the thought of her car filled with other peoples' used toilet brushes. The other vision that keeps popping into my head is her garage with a pegboard like the kind at a car dealership, with each brush hanging from a hook, neatly labeled by customer with those metal-rimmed tags. What can I say, I'm strange. But that's what I think.
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:48PM
pheebers
No, you're still good, I didn't see any festively painted ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:50PM
rosecottagehome
spinningwater for the most part here, just good humor. You have to admit, it does open the door, or should I say bowl, for toilet humor to come through.Your dilemma, believed real or not, has made me rethink the humble plunger being out in a guest bathroom. Thanks for the smiles.
5 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 1:50PM
Just in case you are a real poster *ahem* I have to get this off my chest... YOU are a self centered smug individual. The dirty plunger is too good for your home yet you would give it to your housekeeper to lug around with her. Shame on you....shame shame shame. You say she doesn't mind?? who are you kidding? She probably needs the job and I hope you give her one big fat giant tip for Christmas. You need to rethink your values and rethink how you treat people! So there and If I could I would dump in a bag and hang it on your tree.... rofl
13 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 1:58PM
Brenda
uhm ... is there a full moon tonight or something? ...
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:00PM
mcbriec
Here's my question for Spinning: If the toilet brush is too offensive to keep in your home, why do you think your housekeeper would want to keep this loathsome item in her home, which is undoubtedly a good bit smaller than yours? Do you think she is a lesser person with less refined sensibilities?
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:01PM
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:03PM
bubbasgma
"Used" toilet plunger = 1st world problem

Brenda- To understand in it's entirety, start at the very beginning.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:04PM
mkmort
And I bared my soul of my embarassing Thanksgiving on this thread and it is a joke! Now I am truely mortified!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:05PM
Brenda
yeah ... I think I'm gonna pass ...
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:06PM
bubbasgma
Brenda - Funny stuff tho! But then again, that would be 60 minutes you can never get back.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:10PM
sunnie2day
Mkmort, don't feel badly, there are now at least three discussions on this sort of topic right now, all very active. One discusses toilet roll positioning (and wow is it an active, vibrant discussion!)+this one, and another equally vibrantly active (and hilariously written) discussion on powder room essentials.

You've brought up a very important point salient to all the water closet discussions on Houzz this past few weeks - job done well, can't beat that! Stuff happens and what you posted gave me as a hostess and a guest something to consider:)
indianpatti
Hilarious thread!!

I agree with spinningwater .. this would be a fight at our house too!

Hate seeing those poo poo brushes/plungers in bathrooms. I guess I should count my blessings as I haven't needed one for years. I do have one .. back, dark corner closet of the basement.

Yes, there are many other things in a home that contain worse germs ... I try to eliminate those too. No sponges ... designated cutting board for meat ... for veggies and keep my water tank cranked on SCALDING and use bleach in my underwear laundry! I use 2-3 washcloths (white/washed with bleach) each day.

I think being of European decent, I don't find it embarrassing to ask for a plunger if needed. Europeans are much more open about these kinds of things.

Can also see it from a home that has a problem with flushing though .But I must admit, if I had a home that had this frequent clogging problem and it could NOT be fixed, I would move and I'm not kidding! That has to be (other than a flooding basement or a leaking roof) one of the worst problems I could imagine.

Spinningwater, you are a lot nice than I would be. I would collect all those plungers but one and throw them away!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 10, 2013 at 2:21PM
happyasaclam
THESE ARE THE FIRST AND ONLY COMMENTS made by spinningwater, as bubbasgmas has said. I'm also amused that the subject of this Dilemma *swirls* around *toilets* and was posted by *spinning water*, opps, I meant *spinningwater* :D
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:37PM
spinningwater
Margo, you are completely lost! Go back, read the thread and catch up before you go spouting off!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:45PM
mefor
On no!!!!! Is the toilet spouting now? That's very unhygienic, definitely need plumber or new toilet.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:47PM
mcbriec
Can't stop. I'm now picturing a skit with all the customers telling the poor housekeeper that they want to be as good as Spinning and thus require her to take home all their toilet brushes, too. Now toilet brushes are falling off the top of kitchen cupboards and are raining down from closets. Then, once the housekeeper's house literally can't fit one more toilet brush, the poor housekeeper has to buy luggage racks for her car to transport bins of toilet brushes as she toils away through the day. Next, she needs to rent a storage locker just for toilet brushes.

I am so emailing this discussion to Monty Python. They will think it's all made up because what are the chances of somebody named Spinningwater posting a dilemma on toilet plungers? As Happyasaclam noted, the waters are spinning, swirling, whirling and churning!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:51PM
Too funny. As always Margo, you make my day. Keep up the good work. This is really funny to me. Because just yesterday, I got into a argument with my husband. After he use plugger, he was walking around the house with it in his hand talking to me. When I realized he had it in his hand, I went crazy. He didn't see the big deal. He said he raised in the toilet after it was unclogged . He was raised on a farm, in Nebraska, and just doesn't see the problem. Grrrrr!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 2:54PM
I do believe we are “being had” here.

Who in their right mind would admit to marriage problems caused by storing a toilet plunger?

Maybe there are a few of us here who would like to tell her where to store the plunger.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 3:00PM
mefor
Mcbriec, I can't wait to see Jimmy Kimmel talk about it.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 3:01PM
Again…spinningwater has no profile or discussions going on.

Let’s not waste (no pun intended) time on foolishness.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 3:49PM
bubbasgma
Some of my best friends are Germon. Nice people. Beautiful country.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:03PM
spinningwater
J Petempich, I couldn't be more serious and not a germophobe. I recall a Oprah show where she spoke about some invitees to one if her dinner parties. One of the guests was chewing gum, and when the meals started to arrive at the table, this person pulled the gum out of their mouth and placed it on the their meal plate. Oprah was so disgusted, she threw the plate away. Now, I don't ever recall Oprah admitting that she's a germophobe, it's just that some of us find some things so disgusting that we don't want them in our homes.
    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:08PM
tennisanyone
Build an outhouse, end of plunger!!!!!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:15PM
sstarr93
Sad and wistful that spinningwater is a fake. But still, very enjoyable, especially Fred's comments. Kills my dream of moving in next door and opening a plunger distributorship. To get started in business, you just need one good order: that's how Steve Jobs did it.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:21PM
bubbasgma
The correct diagnosis would be OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:22PM
sstarr93
Careful not to confuse a toilet plunger and a bicycle pump. That reminds me of a joke...
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:26PM
anothercarolinagirl
Is this $#*| still going on.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:29PM
bubbasgma
Lets take a moment to all learn about proper toilet use and etiquette in Germony. Thank You in advance.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:39PM
PirateFoxy
@mrsmitj - well, there are apparently no plungers easily available to get things moving, so what do you expect?
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:40PM
sstarr93
bubbasgma, glad to know how to make friends in Germany, I knew something was wrong on my last trip to Munich.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 4:45PM
jen046
None of you is allowed to come to my house! I've never quite understood the whole germ-a-phobia thing. I ate dirt when I was a kid. I keep a clean house, but I'm figuring as long as I don't lick my plunger, I'm probably not in any immediate harm.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:00PM
bubbasgma
Unfortunately, sstarr, the closest I've been to the Alps is watching The Sound of Music. =(
But I did have a bratwurst last night. =)
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:01PM
spinningwater- I did read all your comments. Let's recap. You and hubs are in debate over plunger storage. You think all your guests should keep regular and plan their shats. Prior to arriving at your home they should stop at several public restrooms before arriving. You buy your housekeeper a toilet plunger for a gift and then request she use her gift to only clean your toilets. Take your shat with her when she leaves and tote your shat around in her car. What did I miss??
19 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:03PM
Just about the time you think you need to get away from the Houzz addiction, a spinningwater comes along and *boom* you are plunging right back in....
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:06PM
bubbasgma
Margo....somewhere...wayyy up there...was the part about the "stress and strain".
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:09PM
jen046
Margo, you need your own show! You crack me up! YOU can come to my house anytime!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:10PM
sstarr93
bubbasgma, you mean last Thursday's production? A plunger might have helped.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:14PM
solincia
Bubbasgma... One shouldn't "stress and strain", that may cause hernia :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:15PM
bubbasgma
Agreed jen, a day without Margo is like a day without sunshine.
sstarr....There can only be one Maria!! I gave it 1/2 a plunger.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:21PM
bubbasgma
Soli- Fiber x Fiber = Less Plunging ;)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:24PM
OH, are we moving on to Hemoroids lol You know you can have them banded
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:25PM
Now I am *itching* lol
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:26PM
bubbasgma
Wrap 'em in a garbage bag and put 'em in the garage. After the thaw, you can bury 'em in the garden.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:29PM
bubbasgma
Or, if you prefer, you could send them home with the housekeeper.
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:31PM
sstarr93
Banded like homing pigeons??
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:31PM
bubbasgma
sstarr.. um. Close, but not quite. Think "banded" like the rubberbands the orthodontist gives out.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:34PM
bubbasgma
But your way would work too, if you want the plumber/sanitation crew to retrieve them and return them to you.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:36PM
LOL bubbasgma- if I plant them in the garden, what will sprout?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:36PM
sstarr93
There's another cottage industry just waiting to take off. This must be Houzz small business night.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:37PM
sstarr93
Margo, sprouting.. senior management? Just guessing.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:39PM
bubbasgma
I think we should leave the gardening to the "professionals", Margo.
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:43PM
LaLennoxa
I'm now thinking the whole flushing system is overrated. Spinningwater should go outside, dig a whole, squat, and wipe up the Nutella with a corn husk! Might even help with the hemorrhoid itch. She could even save the used husks for her housekeeper!
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:43PM
spinningwater
Margo, I provided her a toilet BRUSH! Not a PLUNGER! Big difference! To request that she tote my plunger around would be completely out of line.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:47PM
OH I AM SO SORRY SPINNINGWATER- OOOOH A TOILET BRUSH- YEAH- WOW BIG DIFFERENCE lol
11 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:52PM
bubbasgma
LaLennox- I like how you think! Ever dwindling water supllies? Environmental costs of manufacturing plungers? Global deforestation? BHA/BHP in our plastics? Off-shore oil production? Recycle! Re-purpose! Re-Use!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:54PM
BTW- spinningwater, where are you located ')
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:54PM
anothercarolinagirl
@bubba and Margo. Times are hard.. Don't be giving any ideas about self banding for hemorrhoids. Best left to the professionals. LOL
anothercarolinagirl
Spinning water, if I weren't having so much fun, I would give you a brush, -brush off .
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:56PM
Fred S
Margo, Margo, Margo. What else do you think could possibly sprout there?
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:56PM
mrsmitj- I did go to the professionals. At the time there was only a male doctor who did the banding so I opted to keep them lol....they are like family now
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:56PM
HO HO HO Fred;)
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:57PM
bubbasgma
mrsmitj- I think this is a task that some housekeepers may be given?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:58PM
happyasaclam
Ya'll ran Fred off, you know. He was over on the TINY basement/guestroom discussion and I was afraid he'd see the electric meter in one of the pics ....... I'd hate to get anything electical started over there. Electric toilets must not exist or else he would have stayed here :D
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 5:59PM
bubbasgma
And maybe certain people's husbands too?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:00PM
bubbasgma
Happy- Let me guess, I bet he's talking "in code" again?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:02PM
happyasaclam
Oh gee whiz!! Fred's gonna read my post!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:03PM
mefor
Uh oh, busted, happy ;D
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:05PM
spinningwater
Margo, in New York. Flushing County
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:05PM
happyasaclam
As always, bubbasgma!!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:06PM
bubbasgma
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! FLUSHING COUNTY!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!! Touche, spinningwater!
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:06PM
mefor
Flushing is in queens county, but of course you knew that, so pardon me pointing it out to you. We wouldn't want to flush you out again ;)
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:08PM
happyasaclam
Ok, is the truth finally *coming out*?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:09PM
bubbasgma
Spinning....Are you by chance related to "Mrs Forrester" who is seeking help in "Sprucing up" her "Cedar" home?
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:09PM
bubbasgma
I don't know Mforr....probably lots of THRONES for Queens in Flushing?
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:10PM
bubbasgma
happy- It all "comes out" in "the end".
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:11PM
mefor
Lots of thrones for Flushing in Queens
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:21PM
mcbriec
Spinningwater, I have to thank you from the bottom (LOL) of my heart. I haven't laughed this hard for ever so long. My husband and I have keeled over laughing and my stomach hurts. Yes, anybody would agree that a toilet brush, used to cleanse waste materials from a toilet, would be infinitely different from a plunger, also dipped into waste materials.
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:27PM
bubbasgma
Oh, LORD! I haven't laughed so hard since.......I don't even know when! Thanks for all the fun Houzzers! And SpinningWaters....where ever you are!
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:53PM
spinningwater
Tongue-in-Cheek, parody, satire and social experiment. I followed the "50 Shades
Of Gray", " Toilet Paper Roll Direction", "Paper Towel Roll Horizontal Or Vertical" etc... topics and threads. I couldn't and still cannot understand the ridiculousness in the frenzy of those conversations. Boggles my mind. I wanted to see how easy it was to create frenzy on a completely nonsensical issue. Wow! Mix of passionate, humorous, arrogant, sarcastic remarks. Interesting to say the least. Folks are really starving for new forms of entertainment.

Thanks for participating in my Doodie Dilemma ;)
8 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 6:59PM
Why apparently you are spinningwater lol
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:07PM
mcbriec
Spinningwater, you're to be commended for your pluck. Rather than fold up the tents, you've gamely soldiered on. Take heart, my husband agrees that there is indeed a material difference between a toilet brush and plunger. So live to fight another day!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:17PM
mcbriec
Great hoax which has caused endless merriment! Perfect for the holidays!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:23PM
solincia
As the first to post on this thread, I withheld many a snarky comments regarding your sanity...me thinks you may still be certifiable :)
9 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 7:24PM
larkspurproject
HILARIOUS! I may have burned 40 minutes I'll never get back, but I promise I won't forget this thread. Thank you! You are all so very clever and quick, much needed after a long day of work that was giggle free. Pizza delivered $20.00, bottle of wine $10.00, this thread priceless! I'm laughing so hard my family asked me to leave the room. Good night!
10 Likes    Bookmark   December 10, 2013 at 8:01PM
sunnie2day
Oh well done! Thank-you Spinningwater and all the Houzzers participating, and an especial thanks to Chookchook for linking this so it wouldn't be missed!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 1:56AM
mefor
Spinningwater, exactly what was the manipulation for? Are we to be exploited in an article, skit, spoof? Is this part of dissertation, school project? Only fair to let us, the manipulated, know what it was all for. Don't get me wrong, it was quite funny, but we deserve to know why we were drawn here under false pretenses. Explanation please :)
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 3:13AM
rosecottagehome
mforr I would guess it was to see who would take the bait. Myself personally, I took it hook, line and sinker, skeptical, but couldn't resist the fun! I did learn something though........I really do need a plunger in the cupboard in the bathroom for tonight's Christmas party and plan to buy a new one today! Hubby concurs.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 5:15AM
pheebers
Rosecottage, don't forget the festive ribbon ;)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 6:12AM
sunnie2day
I'm now inspired to buy several and decorate seasonally. Although the Oxo one is nice and will probably be in my bathroom in a few hours if Dunelm Mill (UK based) carries it.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 6:37AM
PirateFoxy
@sunnie2day - You're gonna start a new poll and Ideabook - "Do YOU have seasonally decorated plungers?"
12 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 9:01AM
mcbriec
I'm sad the hoax is over. We were having so much fun!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 11, 2013 at 8:20PM
Me too mcbriec- maybe the REAL spinningwater will create a new dilemma, what say you? spinning as we speak ;)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:46AM
mefor
Haha, we're just gluttons for punishment ;D
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:50AM
mcbriec
Yes. Since spinning did such a good job at spinning this tale, I do hope she'll create new ones for our entertainment. She certainly had us jumping, barking and biting!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 10:38AM
mousemaker
oh my god. I laughed so hard I couldn't stand it!!! i am totally with mcbriec!!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:36PM
Mouse, Might you be spinningwater?
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:38PM
mousemaker
are you kidding? i just found this thread!! i had tears running down my face from laughing!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:40PM
bubbasgma
I agree, Margo! I too noticed Mousemakers absence! Mousemaker!!!!!.....Can you account for your whereabouts?????
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:48PM
mousemaker
I was busy plunging :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:54PM
mousemaker
truth be known, I was reading. I have a pile of books that I can't resist and I just haven't turned on the computer. then the last few days I had some "issues" with my computer which hopefully now are solved :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 1:55PM
rather suspicious sounding to me....
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:00PM
mousemaker
can't hear youuuu!! I'm in the bathroom!!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:01PM
mousemaker
honestly, I laughed so hard I couldn't believe it! laughter is better than anything to help you feel better!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:02PM
bubbasgma
Umm, Hmmm. Can you provide some verification? Perhaps a note from your Librarian? Receipt for payment of over-due fees?
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:05PM
mefor
I think you two are barking up the wrong tree, or meowing at the wrong mouse hole. :)
Hi mousy :D
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:08PM
mefor
It was a pretty funny thread, wasn't it. ;D
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:08PM
mousemaker
and so :) why in the world are you all associating me with some kinda scam? do I have a reputation? hokey smokey. I can provide you with book reports or a list of what I've read, but it will have to be manana because I have to go make dinner :) (sorry, I don't have accents on here)
mefor
The super sleuths are trying to get to the bottom of it :)
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:14PM
rosecottagehome
OK Sherlocks.......I also noticed karenmore's absence. Has she left for Mexico cause she would have been right in this with some great lines for sure.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:50PM
bubbasgma
We all must be vigilant! We can not rest until the impostor has been flushed out!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 2:57PM
mefor
The nerve of Linda Evangalista trying to look just like me. ;) B stole my look!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:16PM
mefor
Why was George michaels there, and now Sherlock Holmes? Hmmmmm, another mystery???!!!!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:17PM
urn8tedon
Okay Love, you win! I've been looking all over the place for you! I know this is you! Please come home :( I promise to do as you request. I went out and bought the orange Home Depot Homer bucket, disposable rubber gloves and the soup ladle.

Now, just so that I understand, if and when the toilet is clogged, Im to ignore the plunger altogether and you'd like me too...

Step# 1 Put on the rubber gloves
Step#2 Reach in a remove the log jam
Step#3 Break the logs in half using the rim of the bucket ( not my knee ) and place in bucket
Step#4 Then take each half and break / crumble into even smaller pieces. ( Kinda like how you do with the large clumps of brown sugar when you're making apple crisp. Yummy! So, cute the way you use your thumbs, pointer and middle fingers to do that ;) also into the bucket. Correct?
Step#5 One scoop at a time, and with the soup ladle, transfer nuggets from bucket to toilet bowl and flush. Repeat until bucket is empty

I can, and will, do this for you. I love you!

To show you how much I love, Ive written you a romantic poem

"Bowel Breakup"

By Hugh Jaenus

I promise to remove from the house,
the toilet plunger,
That you frantically fear,
puts your life in dunger

That you scarcastically refer to,
as the cloger-un-doer
That I use to force,
my human manure,
Down the waste line,
to the city sewer

Sweetie Pie,

I know its not too late,
to repair or marriage,
And stop continuously arguing,
over the stuff I evacuate

Look at it this way,
cuz it could be worse
I've never used the bathroom towels
to clean the leftovers from my twisting bowels

I love you Poopsie ;)

Please come home,

Hugh
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:25PM
mefor
LOL, that was so beautiful, sob, sob, so touching. How could she refuse you now? ;D
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:28PM
bubbasgma
Oh, Hugh...You are such a kind, creative, thoughtful soul. And THE POEM! It shows you are a person with vast intelligence, truly a genius. You, my friend, have become our hero!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 3:45PM
Fred S
Sounds like a serious brown nose to me. Go buy a bocce set to replace the ones she cut off. They come in blue too. Hahahaha
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:10PM
spinningwater
Uh, Hello Hugh. I'm going to have to give it some serious thought. A lot of damage has been created. I'll think about it. Yes, your process is correct. In the meantime, will you ask Veronica if she'll add these items to the toilet brush that she keeps with her. I request that the same rules apply as they do with the toilet brush. I think she'll really appreciate the bucket to store and transfer the additional items.

Im choosing to stay at a undisclosed location and I'm safe. You can contact me here and I'll be in touch
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:14PM
urn8tedon
Keep it up Fred, and you'll find my foot so far up your bahind, the water on my knee will quench your thirst!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:19PM
mefor
What will he do? What will happen next? Stay tuned :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:20PM
mefor
As the Toilet Water Spins, my new favorite show.
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:21PM
chookchookchook....chookchookchook ;))
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:26PM
spinningwater
This nasty gram goes out to Houzz staff. My issue was originally categorized under "Design Dilemma" and now I see you folks took it upon yourselves to give it a new category of " Other". My bathroom was not "designed" for a plunger, therefore a "dilemma". Change it back! Hugh, our relationship is now on the back burner until I resolve this serious issue
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:44PM
bubbasgma
Change it back!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 4:51PM
spinningwater, you are not alone. See that little *report* button to the right of the comments, we have dilemma police at work who like to push that button. I too have been reported on and have been moved to *Other* LOL Don't you feel violated? ROFL
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:22PM
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:24PM
oops wrong one lol
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:25PM
bubbasgma
spinningwater- You and I may not see eye to eye on all things, but here I agree and we must protest along with you!

CHANGE IT BACK!!!
CHANGE IT BACK!!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:34PM
mefor
LOL
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:39PM
Fred S
But Hugh, YOU are the one with the unusually large sphincter. Besides, you couldn't catch me with that unusually nasty ball and chain around those gonads.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:46PM
bubbasgma
Fred----Have you no compassion? Hugh's been through enough. He's trying to win his wife back!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:51PM
urn8tedon
Fred,

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My sphincter is large
and its gonna swallow you
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 5:57PM
Yup roosters have large sphincters lol....
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 6:01PM
Why is it that Chook is #1 at the commentor's box office on Houzz, and yet, has not been to this dilemma with any of the chookisms?? Chook, fess up. "We, the lab rats, have rights" lol
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 6:08PM
bubbasgma
    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 7:04PM
Fred S
Bubbas, That is NO prize!!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 7:20PM
bubbasgma
Sorry, Fred...It's getting late and I'm tired from the protesting.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 7:23PM
larkspurproject
Too funny! We're all just reading and waiting....great scam :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 12, 2013 at 8:41PM
Fred S
Hugh,

Your poems are corny and so is your hole.
Your wife won't touch it with a ten foot pole.
A toothbrush won't help you get out of this mess.
Because in this relationship you wear the dress.
That kernel didn't get there by teeth or by gum.
It seems though the cob was shoved up your bum.
The plunger won't help, the cob is too hard.
Your sphincter's too big because of the lard.
If this weren't so funny, I'd give you a pass.
But you come and find me and I'll kick your @SS
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 1:08AM
mefor
This is what happens when clever people get bored. Very scary :)
7 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 2:26AM
rosecottagehome
OK Hugh! ...... aka Ughh with some switching,
We've done our laughs and some really good bitching,
Time to come clean, get yourself out of Fred's hole,
Chook, chook by far, you're the queen of the bowl!
5 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 3:13AM
Curt D'Onofrio
At fairs and such, those portable poo-lets never clog :) Needs a exhaust fan and air-fresheners
1 Like    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 6:08AM
happyasaclam
Curt, they may not clog, and yes, they are sickeningly stink and hot, but they can and do get FULL!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 9:27AM
Curt D'Onofrio
That's where the high powered vacuum sucker uppers come in. Seen one in action! Big truck looked like sewer truck, with a vacuum hose (Approx.5 inches in diameter). They just sucked all the ____ out.
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 9:45AM
sunnie2day
Oh yes, the 'honey wagon', lol!
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 13, 2013 at 11:10AM
every1lovesmundays
I'm sorry but this made me choke on my coffee... Wow... I don't think the divorce lawyer will believe separation over toilet plunger!!! Let's hope you get this figured out before it comes to that.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 10:03AM
mousemaker
I agree :) plungers should come with directions! including where to keep it!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 11:46AM
every1lovesmundays
I think reading your comments has become one of my favorite things to do... So sad
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 2:54PM
naomibook
My mother was a fussy housekeeper. When Mom got cancer, my sister and I were staying in her house to care for her. One night about 2 or so, the toilet in the guest bath overflowed while my sister was on her shift. Luckily, my sister knew Mom hid the plunger under the bathroom sink and my heroic sis took care of it. I would of had to call somebody. Can you imagine watching the toilet overflow while you run outside to the garage or somewhere because the plunger is unsightly? Sorry, but I'm siding with the husband on this one.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:01PM
mousemaker
I think having it hidden is a must :) but easily retrieved, you know? :) and it should be in the bathroom or really nearby in case of emergencies :) This is why soap was invented.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:15PM
Curt D'Onofrio
Plunger warning: Do not attempt applying to your bald headed husband, lol
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:18PM
spinningwater
Naomibook, what ever residue remains on the plunger dries. When it dries, it then turns to dust. Dust becomes airborne and settles on bath towels and toothbrushes. When dust is moistened it then becomes a solid once again. If you want to dry your clean body and brush your teeth with your, and other folks Doodoo, well then, you will have many complaints from your friends and colleagues about your bad breath and body odor.

You folks are clueless!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:26PM
mousemaker
you need not be so angry. We are all just having fun, and it is not aimed at you.
If you really have a problem with touching the plunger you can wear gloves, but it really ought to be stored where it is easily available in case there are problems. Otherwise, you will have a worse mess to clean up.
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:35PM
bubbasgma
4 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:41PM
Curt D'Onofrio
Gloves, yes. Latex disposable ones like doctors/nurses use in hospitals.
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:42PM
Curt D'Onofrio
bubbasgma: Re Kansas - Dust in the Wind One of my favorite songs of all time
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:50PM
spinningwater
Mousemaker, did you read my comments towards the top of this thread! I HAVE A HOUSE KEEPER! I won't be cleaning up anything!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:51PM
bubbasgma
Dust! It's everywhere!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:54PM
spinningwater
Bubbasgma, I agree. Standard dust is something I can deal with. Poopoo dust I cannot
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 3:03PM
Curt D'Onofrio
Instead of plunger, will Drain-O work ?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 15, 2013 at 3:09PM
spinningwater
Curt, I'm not sure. How difficult would it be to unbolt the toilet from the floor, take it outside, turn it upside down and shake the obstruction loose?
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 3:27PM
happyasaclam
Not all that hard, spinningwater. Had to shake some legos loose once. When you get the potty outside, the sunshine reveals all. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 3:33PM
happyasaclam
Hugh - spinningwater! Please, please pull the plug on all of this nastiness and put this whole fetid business behind you! Do not continue to waste these fleet-ing moments arguing while life passes you by. Wipe away all the pain, stress and strain of the last week with tenderness and compression. Oops, I meant compassion. *sigh of relief*
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 3:59PM
PirateFoxy
If the concern is dust coming off the plunger, I feel I need to point out that toilets spray microdroplets of the very same stuff into the water every time you flush. Perhaps instead of debating plunger placement you need to remodel and go back to an outhouse type approach where all toilet activities take place in a building removed from the rest of the house.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    December 15, 2013 at 4:07PM
spinningwater
Exactly PirateFoxy! Both me and my husband seal the toilet with our bums. We also have a custom gasket between the bowl rim and toilet seat. As a woman of course, I sit during both processes and I've requested my husband do the same. We both flush BEFORE getting off the seat. I am fully aware of the fine water vapor, and in my home we have this issue defeated. Thanks for educating others here who may not be aware if this health problem
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:18PM
happyasaclam
Has anyone brought up the fact that if you can smell it, you are inhaling it? If it's a freshly cut lemon or apple - yum! But it comes from your body - eewwww! And if you can smell it in the bathroom, so can your toothbrush!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:20PM
happyasaclam
Pirate, there is the matter of spiders and other manner of both vertebrate and invertebrate that share the outhouse with you, not to mention splinters. Been there, done that, have the scar on my rear to prove it.
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:27PM
spinningwater
Happyasaclam, now, you're just being a silly-billy ;) Thanks for the chuckle ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:31PM
happyasaclam
bubbasgma - dang! Didn't Kansas have some great hair!!!! If they had stuck to ballads they would have super stars! :D
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:34PM
happyasaclam
I know. But don't expect anymore. I used it all up in that one ;D
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:35PM
bubbasgma
6 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:38PM
happyasaclam
How many takes did they do before she was able to deliver those lines with a straight face? :D
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 4:48PM
larkspurproject
Hahahahaha!! Great clip Bubbasgma! Spinningwater, I hope you watched, listened, and enjoyed :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 5:02PM
rosecottagehome
Outhouses............. the only thing worse than pooping in them, is vomiting in them!
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 6:34PM
bubbasgma
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Roseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:11PM
larkspurproject
Ohhh, Rose, Rose, Rose. I hear a lecture/rant coming! You're going to be in trouble! (I'll distract to take the heat off of you). Years ago at a festival my husband and I witnessed some teens tip one over....with their friend in it! Poor kid looked traumatized when he crawled out. Ugh! I have never used one since.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:13PM
rosecottagehome
Thanks larkspurproject : ) I appreciate the deflection, it's just that the word " outhouse" brings back bad memories of a good friend who had way too much Coconut Rum on a hot summer night many years ago. I felt so bad because I bought the Coconut Rum!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:36PM
larkspurproject
Did she ever explain why she didn't just run off into the woods vs an outhouse? I guess the coconut rum was calling the shots by that hour. Gross but worth a few good giggles all these years later! Call her and tell her we all sympathize :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:44PM
buttbutter
What would you like to say? Put it on the other side of the potty. Mine is on the side between potty and bathtub. Not easily noticed unless you need it. I put a couple of paper towels down to put plunger on to absorb any drops of water. I don't worry about germs because I don't play with the business end of it.
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 7:53PM
rosecottagehome
LOL ! larkspurproject, you got it, coconut rum in excess clouded her judgement........ is her reason and she's sticking to it a few decades later. But it still carries much laughter between us today. I better wait till she's had a couple of wines before I pass on your sympathizes!
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 4:37AM
Curt D'Onofrio
A little digression. Hope you enjoy!
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=chrf-yff24&va=comic+plunger

I'm thinking spinningwater would like the cartoon with plunger on husbands face, when the caption reads instead "That's what i think about your plunger. " :))
3 Likes    Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 7:58AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Oh boy! This topic going so well until i posted my last thing. I hope i didn't strike a nerve. My opolizes. Just trying to have fun
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 9:46AM
mefor
A lot of people are over on that houzz TV discussion Curt. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 9:48AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Thank you for that mforr :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 9:53AM
mefor
Curt

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 10:08AM
monika2024
Ha wait a minute... people keep plungers in their bathrooms? I. Just . Learned. Something. Seriously we have a plunger but it's kept in the garage- just in case and it's brand new. The kiddo and hubs both clogged our toilets- the last time were two out of three toilets in the house in the same week. I tore them a new one, and said I better hear at least two flushes per sitting. That happened a year ago and haven't had a clogged toilet since! : D I agree with you plungers are nasty, and if guests come by, I give them a gentle warning to scare them to make sure they don't clog it. TWO FLUSHES!!!
    Bookmark   Thanked by spinningwater    January 2, 2014 at 6:27AM
row_014
In Australia toilets only get clogged when kids flush things they don't want like a horrible scratchy shirt or something. They don't clog from normal or even excessive use! Maybe you other countries need to take some tips from our plumbers ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 2:09AM
Curt D'Onofrio
In the workplace, and even in Walmart they use water to flush the whatever down, but it sounds like high pressure water. Is an air compressor used to increase the water pressure? Like row_014 said, nothing ever seems to clogs these babies up. Alive in CT, USA.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 1:02PM
mousemaker
so today I had the plumber here to fix a clog. whaddaya know! :) Years ago we had to take out a tree :( whose roots always grew into the pipes...and we had a new water filter put in for the house...I thought maybe the pipes had frozen or cracked..because HOW could there be a clog??? but alas :) and maybe now I can put the plunger away never to be seen again!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 1:36PM
spinningwater
Monika, I believe your comments about your husband and the children as the guilty ones who block up the toilet. You are way too pretty to be clogging up a toilet. Beautiful people don't clog toilets. I've never in my life clogged a toilet so you can probably imagine my striking appearance
4 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 1:34PM
rosecottagehome
Yes I can imagine this beautiful image of you spinningwater.........with little devil horns poking up. You may want to change your pen name to stirringup_ _ _ _, but it has been fun nether the less. I can't believe this thread has re-surfaced again.
4 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 1:57PM
Fred S
_ _ _ _
5 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 2:46PM
Well, spinningwater, I thought you fell in and swirled down the drain. Looks like you plungered yourself back;))
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 2:52PM
karemore55
Spinning water, You probably just don't eat enough fibre. Makes the doo doo small and skimpy - no problem to flush down.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 8:22PM
larkspurproject
Whew! I've been out of commission for a couple months and am just coming back to Houzz. Of course, I had to check the status of this thread and was happy to see that it didn't die! Spinning, remember, it's not who you are but how you look. That is all.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 10:27PM
karemore55
Also, how regular you are.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 10:35PM
Fred S
This thread is like chronic hemroids, a bit painful and keeps coming back.
5 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 10:50PM
Fred, are we going to start with hemoroid talk again? I thought we planted them in the garden and they will sprout this spring;)
4 Likes    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 5:49AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Hemoroids are indeed a problem. No matter where i work i always meet one or two. They seem to travel in twos
1 Like    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 5:59AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Thanks karemore, but could've lived without the visual :))))
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 6:01AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Doo

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIOKCwZTpBAAabb7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTB2NG5xZnBpBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjE1MARncG9zAzE-?p=do+the+doo&vid=37caf52f1290c5620833a1e57919c1f5&l=00%3A51&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608044275396510592%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D21UP0frYg-E&tit=Tim+and+Eric+Awesome+Show+Great+Job!%3A+Doo+Dah+Doo+Doo!&c=0&sigr=11akupdo4&sigt=11mvit6kb&pstcat=arts+culture+and+entertainment&age=0&&tt=b
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 6:06AM
Curt- upon meeting said hemoroids, look them dead on and smile. When departing leave them a tube of gently used Preperation H ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 6:16AM
Curt D'Onofrio
Will a 5 gallon bucket of prep H poured over their head make them disappear? Or do i need more?
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 6:32AM
A little dab il doo;)
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 6:36AM
diyher
Margo, that phrase from the infamous commercial shows our age lol.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 7:00AM
Fred S
Since they won't go away, maybe surgery is in order now?
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 1:50PM
larkspurproject
We are finally at the phase in our renovation when we choose our toilets. As I was standing in Lowes looking at the wide variety of toilets and options I realized I was in over my head! Do we go with round or elongated? Quiet flush or monster power flush? Conserve water per flush? Who knew?? Prices range from $99.00 to $300.00 and come in every color Crayola offers. I thought of this thread, LOL and told my husband and contractor they could choose. I wonder if Spinning Water would have walked away? I doubt it, she would have hung in there!
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 8:39AM
Fred S
If your looking at a toilet, and you are in over your head, just pull the lever and the water will recede. We call that a swirly where I'm from :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 9:07AM
Helber Industries, Inc.
Take a look at this toilet plunger storage!
4 Likes    Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 1:35PM
mkmort
I thought of this discussion when I saw this picture.
3 Likes    Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 7:25PM
diyher
haha, bet that's a conversation started when people walk by :)
1 Like    Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 6:01AM
Rachelle Plantagenet

I've never used a plunger in my life! But i have used the toilet brush! I'm now renovating my w/c (which visitors will be using) and have the tough decision on whether to have my toilet brush on display or stored away in a cupboard under the basin..??? I was thinking i could make a little recess for it on one side of the cistern :/ Tough 1st world issue!!

Bookmark   February 17, 2015 at 11:22AM
diyher

Rachelle, was wondering why this came up again lol. Did you realize this started out as a joke by the original poster? :) he/she had us all going for a good part of all the posts. I never laughed so hard when I and others figured out what was going on finally

1 Like    Bookmark   February 18, 2015 at 8:04PM
Rachelle Plantagenet

No I didn't realise it was a joke. I saw all the comments of the poster denying it was a joke and missed the ONE where they admitted it. Oh well. I'm still designing a wall hung cupboard (under my basin) and have to make it tall enough to accomadAte the brush. I know it's a first world issue... But isn't everything on this website? When it comes to design, little things matter and this is just one of them :)

Bookmark   February 19, 2015 at 3:21AM
Rachelle Plantagenet

P.s giving the cleaner a toilet brush was pretty funny!!! But people do weirder stuff than that all the time. Different strokes, different folks, that's just the weird world we live in. :-)

Bookmark   February 19, 2015 at 3:24AM
diyher

lol, yeah I had forgotten about the cleaner and the toilet brush until you mentioned it again.

Bookmark   February 20, 2015 at 1:52PM

Where is spinningwater today?? Did she fire the maid? Keep the toilet plunger?

1 Like    Bookmark   March 7, 2015 at 6:33AM
bubbasgma

Eggsellent Question! Inquiring minds need to know!!!!

Bookmark   March 7, 2015 at 6:35AM
Bathroom Vanity and Storage
We will be remodeling an existing bathroom into two...
lucia77
Tub placement
We are trying to figure out where to put our tub. We...
Mike Salom
What would you do with my master bathroom?
What would you do to remodel my bathroom? I definitely...
frogdust
help hubby hates the vanity I picked out. please save our marriage :)
72" Venica Teak Double Vanity for Semi-Recessed...
Edie Nicosia
need help with my bedroom!
I just moved in so there's obviously boxes and bags...
staceywong
Bookshelf nightmare!
This built in was here when we bought the house years...
yram45
Living room layout and furniture
Hello, I'd love some suggestions on furniture placement...
dossy
CARPET IN HALLWAY - is it laid correctly?
I live in a small block of flats and recently we had...
nell3137
deck door help
want to change sliding glass doors to deck look more...
ama3b
Guest house floor plan needs enhancements
Hello, I need help on this house floor plan which you...
Mohammed Almansour
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Toilet Tanks Archer 1.28 GPF Toilet Tank Only with AquaPiston Flushing
Home Depot
KOHLER Toilet Tanks Toilet Tank Cover in Biscuit 1036367-96
$56.40 | Home Depot
American Standard Toilets Colony 2-piece 1.6 GPF Round Toilet for 10 in. Rough
Home Depot
KOHLER Seats Bancroft Elongated Closed-front Toilet Seat with Polished Chrome
$62.63 | Home Depot
American Standard Toilet Tanks Cadet 3 Toilet Tank Cover Only in Bone ivory
$52.50 | Home Depot
Monte Carlo Bathroom Accessory Suite
Overstock.com
KOHLER Toilets Memoirs Classic 2-Piece Elongated Toilet in Ice Grey 3986-RA-95
Home Depot
American Standard White Town Square Concealed Trapway Right Height Elongated Toi
Overstock.com