What chairs to use with this table
karyn2877
I inherited this table. It's a little darker blue then it looks in the picture. I can't find dining chairs that look good with this table/my cabinet color. What chair would you use?
mareconn
I would use white chairs. your trim looks white to me and you can easily buy flea market chairs and paint them all white you could use chair cushions that have blue in them.
December 10, 2013 at 7:42PM     
golfgal13
Flea/thrift store chairs. They don't have to match. You could paint them cream,white, Brown or tan. I love the table color! Looks like it gives the area a nice punch of color.
December 10, 2013 at 7:48PM   
kristylou
Or chairs that match your cabinets with some kind of cushion to tie the table and chairs together.
December 10, 2013 at 7:49PM   
I like the look and texture of this chair (sold in pairs). It relates to the cabinet color and texture of your rug. How many do you want to put at the table?

December 10, 2013 at 7:50PM     
Wendy
Darzy I love those chairs! Karyn the rug really works. Not sure I'm sold on that blue of the table. It's hard to judge the color in your photo. Everything looks very orange.
December 10, 2013 at 7:58PM     
losthorizonlisa
Red
December 10, 2013 at 8:05PM   
craljh
Red like the cups in the window Preeeeety
December 10, 2013 at 8:22PM   
In Style Modern
I'd say modern chairs because that table looks modern but i don't know what the rest of the kitchen looks like. it would help if we knew :)
December 11, 2013 at 12:27AM     
December 11, 2013 at 1:20AM   
patunya
i would repeat the table color somewhere in the kitchen..like a backsplash
]
December 11, 2013 at 1:24AM   
sieglerdesign
Here are design options that come to mind:
Touch of Tradition - wood frame chair with historic roots
Chair for now - tie into a casual material blend like seagrass or wicker or rush seats like floor Matt. Chair even could be a color
Chair for now - reclaimed wood chair in wood with rustic spin
Chair that is cheerful - try GREEN. Green will look great with wood cabinets, blue table and is friendly and appealing to most people

I will post sketches for you later.
December 11, 2013 at 6:45AM      Thanked by karyn2877
sieglerdesign
Here are boards for you to see ideas...
December 11, 2013 at 12:46PM     
jessegee
These boards are great, they all look good, guess it comes down to personal preference and which chair is most comfy. I like the dark sharp style of the top left best.
December 11, 2013 at 12:49PM     
sieglerdesign
Thank you so much jessegee....appreciate you noticed my hard work. I was pleased to see the chair you like on Overstock.com. I thought it looked more classy and expensive than it actually is and I think it is sold in pairs
December 11, 2013 at 4:05PM   
Keitha
I agree with Darzy.... Bring the rich color of the cabinets into the breakfast area. Good recommendation Darzy!
December 11, 2013 at 4:17PM     
karyn2877
Thanks so much for all your suggestions! The sieglerdesign boards are amazing! The lighting in the kitchen is horrible so the floor is not as orange as it appears, and the table is a little closer to navy blue, with cherry cabinets. I should have taken the picture during the day or after we replace the horrible kitchen bulbs! The table is 4 x 4, with an additional 18" leaf that we probably need. We have four kids :) Darzy, I need 6 chairs at the table.
December 11, 2013 at 5:54PM     
sieglerdesign
Probably best to go ahead and put the leaf in table now so you get a feel for the amount of space for chairs. This can make the difference between having chairs a little more expansive and ample or keeping them more streamline with basic proportions to be comfortable. I like arm chairs a lot but, you may not have room and may need all chairs to be side chair style with no arms.
December 11, 2013 at 6:26PM     
I would go with the finish of the cabinet hardware;)

December 11, 2013 at 6:36PM   
Lynnie
I think 2 different types of chairs would go very nicely. Check out the links:
http://www.hayneedle.com/product/brownstuddedclubchair.cfm http://www.hayneedle.com/product/safaviehsenacachairslate.cfm

I would paint the table a lighter color. Perhaps an off white or beige. Bring some interesting color in with the chairs. I love neon green and tangerine. Have fun designing a great look.
December 11, 2013 at 6:44PM   
craljh
red like the cups on the windowsill
December 11, 2013 at 8:32PM     
mommickey
Red solo cup you fill me up let's have a party. just kidding! I would paint the table a lighter color.
December 12, 2013 at 7:47AM   
Deb
Where did you get the table? I am looking for something with a base like that for a nook we just had built.
December 12, 2013 at 8:28PM   
momof5x
I think I would also go with white chairs but if you can find seat cushions for them with a touch of the navy blue it would match with the table. You also have the option to use a tablecloth thus another reason for chair cushions to have a touch of navy blue i-the good thing about table cloths and cushions is that you can be flexible with them. Add a center piece on table to match. I love this table too!
December 12, 2013 at 8:40PM   
karyn2877
Thanks Deb! I love it too. The table belonged to my husbands grandparents and was purchased in the early 70's. It has a parquet top and is solid oak. It was gifted to me a few months back.
December 12, 2013 at 9:57PM     
HELP with my kitchen
I am planning on updating my kitchen without replacing...
Front porch suggestions
Our original front porch was enclosed last year to...
Need help with my kitchen
POLL: Who's the messy one in your house?
Even in a house full of neatniks, there is ALWAYS one...
help- awkward living room layout in new loft apt!
Hello, My husband and I are moving to a new rental...