Black or Stainless, Counter Depth Refrig Choices
socallady
My dishwasher, cooktop and wall ovens are black but the apron on my sink is stainless, so I am not sure what color refrigerator to buy. The refrigerator is also at the end of the cabinets, so I am wondering if a counter depth refrigerator would be the better choice?
Doug Lewis Remodeling
A counter-depth refrigerator definitely seems like the right choice given the pictures you show. As for the appliance color - do you plan to change the dishwasher, cooktop, and wall ovens from black to stainless in the coming years? If so, you should buy a stainless fridge so that all of the appliance can match in the future. If you plan on keeping your current appliances black I would purchase a black refrigerator to keep the appliances matching and allow the sink to really pop.
December 13, 2013 at 8:13am     
mpoulsom
I would do a wood front cabinet frig door to match your cabinets. Neither black nor stainless.
December 13, 2013 at 8:26am     
mfwolfe
How big is your family and do you eat out or in? Counter depth refrigerators do not have much storage space. I don't have the numbers but you might want to check them before you decide. It could be that you will need a second fridge if you choose counter depth
December 13, 2013 at 8:36am     
Either black or stainless steel fridge works.
December 13, 2013 at 8:47am   
mpoulsom
examples
December 13, 2013 at 9:42am     
Royal Kitchen and Bath Cabinets
Black, to match your appliances.
December 13, 2013 at 1:08pm     
mickisue
I have mismatched appliances right now--white everything else, stainless frig. But, as I knew that the other things would be replaced, I went with the stainless frog. Your sink is gorgeous, and very contemporary, while the black appliances date the kitchen a bit. I would just assume that they'll all eventually be stainless.
December 13, 2013 at 1:33pm   
Design Details
Built-in would be great if you have the budget. It really makes a kitchen, but if you need to stay with a freestanding fridge a counter depth is the only type that will actually look good.
Black can be awfully overbearing on such a huge surface. Stainless is safe but not always exactly what you want. I've solved the problem by having a fridge electrostatically painted by a contractor that does office furniture. You can choose just the right color (even metallic) and there is very little overspray so it can actually be done on site.
December 13, 2013 at 3:17pm   
Interior Trends Remodel & Design
I would recommend stainless, its timeless and it blends well with black.
And the less invasive your fridge is depth wise the better.
December 13, 2013 at 3:29pm   
susanvetter
Wood front would be great…second choice stainless.
December 13, 2013 at 3:32pm   
I need someone that installs tile?
I bought all of my tile for both of my bathrooms from...
Can't decide on black granite kitchen
Is black granite hard to keep clean. Also polished...
Help finish this TV Media room
I cannot seem to finish this TV media room, looking...
Need help with countertops!!! Please!!
We had originally wanted to go with Carrera Marble...
Fireplace wall design/styling help needed
I need help! What can I do to improve the look of this...