Need help designing my bedroom!
Simone Sturges
A cottage has recently been built for us, and what I'm having trrouble with is my bedroom, as they have had a wardrobe put in, but in an odd spot... Which has caused my room to look a lot smaller than it would have been If it was put in the right spot.. Now our landlord has aloud us to do whatever we want inside (as he is a mate of ours) but not sure now on how to design my bedroom any ideas and help would be much appreciated. Room size - length 3430 by 2400
Wardroom is 590 by 2090
I want it to have a modern look just not sure how now as the wardrobe has made it quite awkward and cannot move it
sued3247
Hi
I am not a designer but would love to try to help you. Can you change measurements to feet? What size bed do you have and how deep is the wardrobe? The photos look like the wardrobe is not square to the room but I assume that is just the photo.
December 12, 2013 at 3:56pm      Thanked by Simone Sturges
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
In feet and inches, the room is only approximately 11'-2" x 7'-10" (3400 x 2400)......

That is a very narrow room. I would suggest a double bed rather than a queen or King size. You would either put it on the window wall or the opposite wall where the door to the room is and you would need to put it up against the side wall. This would give you passage space of approximately 3' (978)

If you put it on the window wall, you might cover the window with a louvred shutter or even a full wall of curtains.

You can surround the two sides of the bed that are against the wall with large colorful pillows so that it looks more like a big comfy couch........
December 12, 2013 at 4:35pm      Thanked by Simone Sturges
Simone Sturges
Thanks heaps for your replys sorry mine are so delayed, the bed I have is a queen which at the moment is placed against the wall with the bed head against the window and I have placed my tv and stand where the powerpoints are shown In the photo but I am going with your idea and getting a smaller bed although I do not know colours and stuff for the walls??
January 19, 2014 at 9:59pm   
Simone Sturges
The room is sort of squared off I guess?? The photo makes it look a little narrow
January 19, 2014 at 10:01pm   
Need help to design my bedroom
From where can i get the traditional hanging plates...
Need Help with my aptartment Bedroom Design
I want to re-design my apartment bedroom to make it...
I need help designing my bedroom
I am now beginning to sort and put things in place....
I need help designing a sun room / gazebo coming off my bedroom
My idea of a room for quiet time is to have one coming...
Wall colour and fireplace tile ?
I want to change the colour of my walls as well I need...
"craftsman builder home"
Im so excited we sold our small little townhouse but...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Need help to find interior decoration items online
Hi I am looking for accent pieces, floral arrangements...