selection of granite
dlc1130
I am having a difficult time envisioning the completed project. Granite choice with the cherry cabinets. I would appreciate any input even knowing that everyone has their own personal flavor. If anyone has any photos depicting the combination of cherry with either crema delicatus, ouro brazil, leathered spendour gold or namibia gold I would greatly appreciate it. I know that the choices will either give a cool or warm touch depending on granite selection..and the movement varies w/ each slab. But again, I am looking for any and all input or feed back. I would even take suggestions as to which granites have worked well w/ cherry Thank you much!
dclostboy
The first one is nice, the last one is special...but I tend to like cooler feel.
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 9:40AM
dclostboy
What's your floor and what do you prefer for backsplash? Let's see if we can put it all together.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 2:15PM
Kevin Strader
The last one doesn't do anything for me. The third one I really like. It reminds me of the Colonial Gold that we did with our maple cabinets. Your cabinet finish reminds me of what's on ours. That's my vote.
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 2:16PM
saratogaswizzlestick
I like the last one best, the one with the tape. The others are ok but expected. Beautiful slab, what kind of granite is it?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 2:20PM
indianpatti
I like the 2nd one .. the last one is my least favorite.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 2:20PM
dlc1130
So, I have yet to select a floor but would like a french versailles pattern in a travertine or porcelain travertine look a like. I prefer no backsplash. The granite names from left to right are 1. ouro brazil 2. crema delicatus 3. namibia gold and 4. a leathered/honed splendour gold. My home overall is warm w/ reds/greens and golds. Lots of wood- antique oak furniture and the adjacent rooms have red oak floors that will butt up to the kitchen.
    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 4:12PM
saratogaswizzlestick
Love the French Versailles floor pattern. I have travertine and love it. Still prefer last granite with your choices.
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 4:20PM
dlc1130
I actually do as well. A part of me wants to play it safe w/ the delicatus but I am afraid to take the leap as it is difficult for me to envision it all together. If I only had a magic ball!
    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 4:30PM
mickisue
I love the movement in the fourth sample, but wonder if the overall color will clash with the cherry cabinets. The one that seems most to flow with the cherry is the Namibia gold.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 4:51PM
dstemple1956
I always thought of cherry as a very warm wood so I would consider a granite with a warm tone. I'm sure there are wow factor slabs out there with warm tones and movement. Good luck. Love the cabinet choice!
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 14, 2013 at 5:03PM
dlc1130
Yes, you are absolutely correct...cherry is a WARM color. So, with that being said...I should stay w/ the gold tones?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 6:07PM
dstemple1956
dlc1130. I think I would. Perhaps you can find something that brings in the dark wood tone of your cabinet with some creams etc. What finished have you decided on for your hardware, appliances and lighting? Your cabinets seem to be a very classic style which should be timeless. I'm sure you'll find the perfect fit for your taste.
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 15, 2013 at 1:26PM
Ann
I have cherry cabinets and I don't like gold colors with it. I think cool grays, black, gray/blues, and gray/greens are wonderful with cherry. Whites (not so much creams) are very nice with cherry too, but maybe not with the floor you have in mind.
Of your 4 choices, I think the first has too much pink and the third has way too much gold, both of which will fight with the cherry (IMO). I like the 4th best and the 2nd second best.
I think soapstone is very nice with cherry and Virginia Mist granite gives a similar look.
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 15, 2013 at 1:50PM
Ann
Oh, and I love leathered granite!
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 15, 2013 at 1:51PM
The leathered effect is awesome . But it's a matter of taste. All of the above would work, but may want to go lighter since cabs are darker.
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:10PM
Of the 3 take the middle gold one out.
    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:10PM
tennisanyone
I like the second one
    Bookmark   Thanked by dlc1130    December 15, 2013 at 2:23PM
Help with selecting a granite counter top
Any suggestions on a granite counter top that will...
mem060s
What material was used on the floor? We have selected a granite very
Looking to find out what materials used on backsplash...
kellener
Need help in selecting granite
I have medium oak cabinets that have aged by yellowing...
joyamia
Best price & selection on granite countertops near Chaska, MN?
So many places to visit. Anyone have advice on the...
savvynoodle
help selecting granite venitian gold vs river white
We are installing an antique white cabinet and have...
pupu4u
At a lost for my new black kitchen...
I recently painted my kitchen cabinets black - love...
moore627
Need some advice
I'm replacing the leather sofa with another sofa that...
Sue MIchael
Need couch fabric help with this rug for our family room!
We have this bright and lively rug for our family/TV...
wanda2013
Need help choosing new paint color
I'm having a really hard time trying to pick out a...
txmom2005
Island back cabinets (yes or no)
I have an option to put cabinets on the back side of...
smithtd72