Lamps, coffee table, FP wall suggestions/help desperately needed!
Rae DesaulniersDecember 15, 2013
Our living room is actually lived in, we have no family room at the present moment. I need help to pull this hodge podge of pieces together. Leather sectional and ottoman stay, hardwood flooring stays, TV stays, paintings stay, everything else is open to negotiation. I just bought a new table lamp (on left side of couch in pic), not working for me, hence the plastic wrap is still on. I just moved my old TL from the left side to behind the couch, as our torchiere style floor lamp had a faulty switch. Have been looking for a new coffee table for years...as you can see, we use TV tables to eat off of, so they are always there, nuisance to walk around, so my idea was to try and find (may have to have something custom made) a coffee table with lift tops to get rid of using the TV tables.

We also plan to completely redo FP wall, still debating whether or not to keep wood-burning, or switch to gas. Previous brick has been removed, present oak mantle is just a temporary fix to hang stockings from. BR vanity is just sitting there until we install it (hopefully soon) Entire wall will be built ins to hold TV, etc. Third area is buffet wall, Hate the look of the surround sound speakers... Lastly, should I replace collection of tables behind couch? Thanks for any suggestions!
LoobyGuru
You've got a lot going on in this room, it happens when you use a room a lot! I'd start by taking out as much as you can from the room, get it back to the bare minimum. A really great coffee table would make a big difference and may help you get a style that can then be taken through the room with smaller details.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 2:51PM
In Style Modern
That's what i noticed too LoobyGuru. Definitely take things out first, it's going to make the room look bigger too.
    Bookmark   December 16, 2013 at 6:40PM
TheFurnitureCollection
I agree. Best advice is to take out all the ornaments and candles. Look at Jaipur Rugs for a really luscious collection of say 5 cushions that really interrelate and complement each other. Take a look at the Le Corbusier Square or rectangular Coffee Table or something really fun like Phillips Collection silver Pebble coffee table for a fresh new look. A painting or mirror on that back wall to draw the eye and give depth to the area. Are you contemplating window treatments?
    Bookmark   September 29, 2014 at 2:18PM
DESPERATE for accessory suggestions for dining room!
We just moved into a mid century modern ranch and love...
cathysuzanne
Desperately Need Help decorating a Large Living Area
I have a large living area - almost 60sq metres - the...
berala2012
Desperately in need of help with Living room!
So I was in full pregnancy mode when I convinced my...
kiyoshima
Need desperate help decorating long room.
So, we're having a hard time deciding how to decorate...
ericastin
Desperately Need Help w/ Coastal Living Room
My mom asked for my help with decorating a newly remolded...
cjgladfelty
HELP ME - I MADE A BIG OVERSIGHT IN SHOWER DESIGN! AGH.
Okay, I know it's minor and there are much worse things...
Sherry
Great Room Lacks Some Style
I'd so appreciate some ideas to fit my Mediterranean/Transitional...
lamujerdegary
Please help with the decor..
Our dining space is dark and I am not sure about the...
swapna12345
I need a new rug for this room...
Room is about 12.5" x 12.5". I need a rug that will...
Debbie
Boathouse wall in need of something
We recently replaced our dock and now have to decide...
northof49