Need help choosing sofa color!
zuzi80
Hi all,
my partner and I bought an house (our first :)).
Now we need to choose the sofa for the sitting room.
The room is 4.3m x 3.35m with solid Cherry Wood floor, cast iron open fireplace with wooden surround.
We choose a double color leather sofa, 3 seats, we are struggling to visualize and decide which color can match better with the surrounding colors of the room, especially floor and fireplace (the walls we could redecorate in future).
I attach the room pics and 4 different sofa choices we like: Navy/white, Red/black, Black/red, Aspen white/purple. I could attach only 4 pics so is missing the black with red, but you can easily understand is the opposite of the red with black version.
Please help me!
Marta
swedemom
Navy and add pattern with small rug, pillows, art.
0 Likes   Thanked by zuzi80    December 16, 2013 at 12:13AM
zuzi80
Thank you, the thing is...I really like as well the red and the purple... :(
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 12:55AM
Myrone Delacruz
Navy/White, but always go with your first choice.
0 Likes   Thanked by zuzi80    December 16, 2013 at 1:13AM
Homescapes Europa Ltd
I would like you to have Aspen White/Purple. This should go well with the flooring. You can place a tufted rug in the center and can have curtains in contrast.
1 Like   Thanked by zuzi80    December 16, 2013 at 1:46AM
zuzi80
OK thanks all, @Homescapes Europa Ltd, which color should I choose for the rug and curtains? Since with purple and white I'd take a white glos coffe table, and maybe blcck tv banch... What do you think?
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 1:56AM
Studio LUGO
why not ?

Designed by tones of warm colours 'red orange purple'. Original chesterfield structure covered with best quality fabrics. This patchwork chesterfield sofa is %100 handmade and unique design so just one the earth. First quality wood and foam rubber used. Legs are polished in shiny yellow color.

Please contact us
http://www.patchwork4home.com
or
http://www.etsy.com/listing/151288727/patchwork-chesterfield-sofa?ref=related-6
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 2:20AM
Deon Strydom
A cool thing is just getting a plain grey or white couch and then just focus all the attention on cushions.
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 4:17AM
Your fireplace is rustic. Are you keeping? I would. The sofas you show are very modern. What is your style? The two tone colors on leather is not good. Is there a reason you want leather? I would go a warmer, more cozy look. You could go leather seats with fabric back pillows. That will give you the best of both worlds. With two large leather chairs like a honey color. Sofa a darker brown with a print in back pillows. 8 x11 area rug. Round or square coffee table big 36"
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 10:56AM
Could you get a flat screen TV, easier to work with. Then get a buffet type chest in a reclaimed wood long, as long as that wall TV is at now. Place TV on Top. Not angled, against that wall. Mirror over firepl not working. You need big 40" art with some color. Place wood candle. Holders on ends only with a accent color candle. add just a few decor items to bookcase. A few books. Pots bowls. Thing you collect? Keep it uncluttered. Don't have to fill every space. The mirror could work on another wall.
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:01AM
8x10 may be too big for rug. Wait until furn in before buying. Can we see rest of room?
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:03AM
m3459
I am attaching this photo to give you some ideas of mixing modern and victorian. Your fireplace is very classical, while your furniture choice so far is very modern. You can see the lamps are a very contemporary one and then one that has traditional lines, but contemporary finishes. The clean lines of the modern sofa are offset by the victorian chairs in modern fabrics. Area rug is what I would call transitional, melding between the two styles. [The window coverings are simple, clean lined, grommet draperies. Art is a mix of a contemporary canvas and victorian picture frames in contemporary finishes. And finally, the accessories are very victorian with contemporary finishes. This should give you some ideas of how to build your room.
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:31AM
zuzi80
Thank you so much for all your advise. For sure we want to keep the fireplace is so nice!
I don't like that much the think of have a mixed sofa leather only seats and then fabric pillows. I like the modern style, but like as well the clean line rustic/wooden style, don't like the ultra modern of sumptuous/baroque.
Yes we have a flat screen tv. In fact the pic you saw is from the previous owner. So from the pic I've attached nothing is staying. I'm attaching the other pics. Moreover we would like to open an arch between the living area and the kitchen that is on the left hand side of the pic. Like so we'll have a kind of open space between the dining/kitchen and living area. what do you think? We don't have much money to spend at the moment, since almost all are gone for the property itself.
0 Likes   December 16, 2013 at 11:40AM
In Style Modern
I think white will look good for your space
1 Like   December 16, 2013 at 8:03PM
chrysosa
Need Help choosing throw pillow colors to this sofa and loveseat.
I have this sofa, loveseat, and 2 modern brown leather...
Jodi Robinson
Need help choosing leather color for sofa
I have been looking to purchase this sofa for a while...
caromck
Need help choosing material and color for sofa
I’m going to buy a 7-person sofa set for a small...
shiningspot
Need help on choosing sofa color
I' refurbishing an old sofa in my bedroom. I thought...
gabyviteri
Kitchen cabinet knobs
What kind of knobs do you suggest for my kitchen cabinets? The...
mytime001
Seeking comments on countertops and backsplash for our kitchen
We have been waffling between Carrara marble, Statuary...
summitsittin
What to do with granite cutouts?
We just had granite countertops installed and asked...
Caroline Gephart
How do I purchase furniture from this Site?
Interested in this set POUNDEX Furniture - Tan Sectional...
whamhouse
Painted walls; water streaks from people using towel
We have newly-painted walls in our powder room, but...
zwaller