Looking space for a table for 2
narniamallorca
Hi, First of all I want to see if we could put table in this quite narrow and long kitchen. Also, I think it has to many shelves, what do you think? We are thinking of making double doors to the patio (where the window is). Do you have any advice how to "modernize" this space?
I don't think it has too many shelves because your countertops look like you could use some more storage. I'd remove the open shelf on the left and add cabinets to match what is on the right. I love galley kitchens but there isn't much floor space. You could do a drop table at the sink side and with a couple of stools you could enjoy the light from the windows. If you're up for a bigger project, I'd move the sink nearer the fridge for offloading of foods for prep, maybe on the wall opposite the fridge. Then open up the back wall and add a banquette dining area. Georgetown White Kitchen Contemporary Kitchen Re-design
December 16, 2013 at 7:26PM      Thanked by narniamallorca
narniamallorca
We are in the middle of the moving in so there are enought shelves..:) I like the idea of the drop table and taburets that is what I was thinking...however, if I do it like on the second photo I would block the door to our interior patio....
December 17, 2013 at 12:53AM   
hatetoshop
It doesn't look like there's enough room for a table. As for the double doors -- it seems you'd be sacrificing too much (storage, having to move the plumbing).
December 17, 2013 at 2:09AM   
CDR Design
I think your best option, if you can do this, is to:

-remove the wall that is to the left (the one with the paper towels sitting on ti). I would remove it only above the counter. What is on the other side of this? I am hoping you can do a serve-through, as many galley kitchens have.

houzz=
December 17, 2013 at 2:50AM      Thanked by narniamallorca
Help! I made a BIG mistake!
Hi, Since purchasing my new leather couch, I now have...
Need help with a new front entry.
The existing door does not face the street. I would...
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
Suggestions?
I've updated my whole house and I've hit a road block...