Showcasing the Weep Hole Locations on ACO's clamping Drain

John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.December 18, 2013
I was asked the other day where the weep holes where on ACO's clamping drain. I outlined them here in this picture. Making sure these stay clear of mortar and thin-set will ensure the shower functions well and moisture travelling to the drain below the tile can weep out these eight locations and down the drain.

Showers built with drains without weep holes tend to always look wet. Or smell.

Here is a peak at the weep hole locations for this PVC clamping drain.
John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.
This picture taken the following morning of a eighty hour flood test. If the weep holes where blocked the drain and shower floor would show standing water.

No puddles - No troubles
    Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 7:37AM
Ana Holmes
I purchased these for our aco shower drains John, but can't guarantee they were installed properly, hence the problems in our curbless showers
    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 6:32AM
John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.
Ana - thanks again for signing up for the 20 minute design call. Those are great primary drains. Do you see the weep holes on the bottom. The little shadow? Maybe your crew installed this upside down?

Let me know what happens after you run those series of test we talked about last night.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 6:35AM
John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.
For anyone reading or researching. Ana has two beautiful looking showers. But in less than a year there is signs of water damage. After revising photos with her last night it appears her tile contractor did not think a pre-slope was needed.

AFTER she had asked for it. AFTER she had ask the contractor to read my blog posts on the subject. What a shame....

What is a shower design call?

Ideabook: Understanding what is a Shower Design Call - www.No-Curb.com · See Ideabook

Ana booked a 20 minute call with me for $25.00 - If you need some shower design help, some one on one chit chat please follow the link above with the cartoon guy and book your phone call
1 Like    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 6:37AM
Ana Holmes
This clamp was installed properly - at least the right way up. Not sure tho if the cement has blocked the weeping holes....
    Bookmark   June 5, 2014 at 7:44AM
Our new house
What to do with this beast?? All suggestions welcome!...
vivdame
Choosing between stained and white woodwork for new home...
We are building a new home and will have white kitchen...
mtosh2326
Making Pure White Quartz Seam SEAMLESS? Have Pure White Quartz
Having Pure White Quartz installed on the L section...
tadaah
Family room wall/ survey stick help
I've purchased three survey sticks (8 ft long, 3 "...
serialquilter
Best paint color with honey oak
We just purchased a new home with all honey oak trim...
kfrugoli