Bathroom Decoration
sritter1202
I need help figuring out how to decorate my guest bathroom. We recently renovated the bathroom with new tiles around the walls, floor, and tub surround, we also had a new vanity, toilet and tub installed. We are going to have a clear glass shower installed it a later time but need ideas to spruce up the bathroom now. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
artsygirl713
I would try and add color somehow. Maybe a soft solid grey blue shower curtain. I say that blue so it matches the tile a little bit. Maybe the same color towels and decorative vases of some sort on the top of the toilet. Hope I helped!
December 18, 2013 at 2:35pm      Thanked by sritter1202
mpoulsom
looks pretty good already.....you just need artwork of some kind on the right wall by the toilet........and if you haven't replaced the mirror already, i would get a cool framed mirror above the sink. Maybe a vase with some flowers on the tank of the toilet tray for some color!

you could also add some dark brown floating shelves above toilet to match your new vanity and add color on the shelves that way.
December 18, 2013 at 3:01pm        Thanked by sritter1202
Norma Sassone
I like aqua accessoires with brown.
December 18, 2013 at 3:17pm      Thanked by sritter1202
abbyjean
Be brave and have fun with an accent color now.......the aqua as suggested or maybe even a red or orange? Find towels and a rug and a shower curtain and pull it all together with a nice piece of art.
December 18, 2013 at 6:26pm      Thanked by sritter1202
sritter1202
There is blue/aqua in the accent tiles so I think that is a good idea and I like how that color goes with the dark brown. I will look for art work with that color in it for above the toilet. What about behind the door. Do I need to add something to that wall?
December 19, 2013 at 5:48am   
annpossis
How about painting the wall(s)? I think with the rich-looking tile and dark vanity it would look terrific and make the room feel cozier.
December 19, 2013 at 6:04am   
raineycarole
Don't put anything on the wall behind the door. It's not the focal point of the room-and the door will bump into anything you put on the wall.
December 19, 2013 at 6:31am   
indianpatti
A smaller mirror would look nice ... colorful art over the commode. I would remove the tray on the toilet as it is very hard to keep sparkling clean.
December 19, 2013 at 6:43am   
mpoulsom
art.....................

]
December 19, 2013 at 7:35am     
yoboseiyo
aqua would be quite pretty.
i would put some shelves above the toilet tank with some baskets or rolled towels on them, and hang artwork on the wall behind the door.
and maybe a nice piece on the wall above the switch, so that it reflects into the mirror.

i like the one posted under the dock. it's got lovely coloring, and the abstract by mpoulsom goes nicely with it.
December 19, 2013 at 7:51am     
mpoulsom
]

example of floating shelves above toilet for you to see. in case you wanted to go that route!
December 19, 2013 at 8:07am     
Need help decorating this pink marble bathroom
We just purchased our new home. With the good, comes...
Need advice for bathroom decor
Towel colors? Artwork? Going for beachy zen. Should...
Transitional decor for the bathroom??
I'm renovating a row house in DC and need to find cute...
Need help in decorating this bathroom!
Okay, we recently purchased a wonderful house but the...
Travertine pavers..45 degree or 90 degree pattern?
Hi, we're having our deck installed and I have to select...
DOGGY Dilemma
OK - this is not so much a design dilemma, but I've...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Help with design and furniture arrangement in new house!
Hello - We are moving into our new house next week...