1930s house compatible house number - shopping fun!
PirateFoxy
Just thought someone might want to have some fun online shopping. (I know I like shopping for other people, and right now I don't have time to poke around online.) My new house appears to be totally lacking in a house number sign and it's causing problems with deliveries and things. Since I get a lot of deliveries (disability issues, easier to have heavy stuff delivered than to go get it myself) this is not good.

The house is yellow-beige brick with some bits of white siding and a full width front porch. Currently the exterior trim is medium-light green but I don't love the color so I think that'll change eventually. Photo of exterior to follow when it's not dark outside. (I know I had one from house hunting but can I find it now? No.) It's not a particularly huge or grand house, so no big entrance gate type things.

I'd like numbers that fit with the age of the house but I'm not tied to being strictly historical - something with the right feel but a modern slant would be okay, for example. I just don't want to slap something jarringly contemporary up. I would also like something that's either lighted or that can be lit nicely with a landscape spot, since around here it can be quite difficult to see house numbers at night even with the street lights due to how the houses sit relative to the street.

I hope someone has fun with this so I can come back to this thread later tonight and be happily distracted from craziness for a bit. (On top of people arriving at midnight and general holiday chaos, I have another dog underfoot as my mother has had to go back to the ER and might be in the hospital so my dad dropped off their dog also, and she's splitting her time between staring mournfully out the door and following me around like she's glued to my heel, which is not actually terribly useful when I'm trying to tidy up and rearrange boxes to make space and do laundry.)
Denita
Here is something, but it is contemporary with an led light. One of my personal pet peeves is not being able to read the numbers (I'm a Realtor so I see this a lot). These might be too big for you as they are 5" tall, but no one will miss them:
Modern Led House Number 5" Outdoor By Luxello LED

Here is something without the LED light and a slightly smaller
Avalon Modern House Numbers
1 Like   Thanked by PirateFoxy    December 19, 2013 at 2:41PM
Denita
Ok, one more:

0 Likes   Thanked by PirateFoxy    December 19, 2013 at 2:49PM
LoobyGuru
I love these recycled skateboard numbers from www.artofboard.com - they have a cheeky edge and a dash of colour, without being overtly modern.
0 Likes   Thanked by PirateFoxy    December 19, 2013 at 3:40PM
A Blacksmith Shop /Wagon Wheel Factory built approx in the 1920/1930's
I own it. I would like to turn it into a house. 2 bedrooms...
janiceguidroz
1930's house with beige brick needs new trim color! and pediment?
The trim on my little old 1930's house needs repainting...
keri
Need ideas on sprucing up this 1930's brick cottage style house
I had originally posted this in the Other section but...
kris_scheulen
Need ideas on sprucing up this 1930's cottage style house
We unfortuantely have to sell our 1930's cottage style...
kris_scheulen
complete remodel of 1930's house
[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/1371885/Harrison--1-contemporary--austin] [houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/921783/Harrison--1-traditional-exterior-austin]...
DeWitt Architects
Are these curtain rods to high? And what else to add to this room!
We have been in our home for about a year and we just...
CFamily
We have oak all throughout our house and I want an updated look
I am trying to find ideas on how to update my kitchen....
colliera7
Brand new painted cabinets chipping on edges.
We did custom painted cabinets shaker sale cabinets...
fanofmyfam
Seeking comments on countertops and backsplash for our kitchen
We have been waffling between Carrara marble, Statuary...
summitsittin
Please HELP! I need ideas on how to modernize my 90's RENTAL kitchen
* I can not change the cabinets or white appliances...
cmaher421