Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
easyhill

ARE THE TILES PORCELAIN OR MARBLE? BEAUTIFUL IN SHOWER AND FLOOR.

easyhill
10 years ago
IS THE VANITY BLACK OR DARKEST BROWN STAIN? MATCHING MIRROR? LOVE IT ALL SO NICE!
Alexandria Residence · More Info

Comments (4)

• afejeran
    9 years ago
    Designer states that they used Carrera Marble throughout.
  • PRO
    thebuilderdepot
    9 years ago
    Carrara Bianco. You can various grades of Carrara Bianco. If you want to see more clarity in the veining and the lighter base then you can expect to pay more. Attached is a picture of premium 12x24" Carrara Bianco ('C' Grade) which we sell for $9.95SF: http://www.thebuilderdepot.com/cacbihoned6x24.html

On top of that is a CD grade, you can expect to pay $6-$7.00SF for that, but what you end up with is a smudged gray and no real clarity of veining.

However, budgets are important so always a trade of with quality and price. You can also consider a Hexagon or a mosaic on the shower pan floor. The mosaic has more grout and that creates the perfect anti-slip surface for a shower floor, Carrara Hexagon mosaics cost from $10.95SF: http://www.thebuilderdepot.com/hexagon-mosaic.html
  • efasano10
    8 years ago

So which grade was used here as i see the veining in some pieces and its subtle in others. Is this the C grade? I would like to do 12X12 honed on my floors and maybe a 3X6 or 4X8 behind my bathtub in my guest bathroom. I don't want the veins to look too busy.

• PRO
    thebuilderdepot
    8 years ago

Hi efasano10,

It is quite difficult to be 100% sure, but to me that looks like 'C' grade. We have the sizes you mention in two collections, I would take a look at our room scene page on our blog and take it from there.

Personally I am on the same side as you, I do not like things to look too busy. It was for that reason (as we all agreed the same) that we created an exclusive collection called Carrara Venato by selecting specific blocks and working with quarries. We wanted a white base but not a busy look, and yet still we wanted some veining. In was a tall order but I think we have done well creating something that fits close to that description. Nothing is exact in Natural Stone.

However if you have a very specific look you need. Something you have seen and you need it to look exactly like that and you have no tolerance for anything either side of your 'dream' then I recommend going to a retail store. There you can work with someone face-to-face and pick out the tiles you need, reject others and take them home.

Thank you

The Builder Depot

Carrara Venato 6x12" Subway Tile $8.00 a Square Foot installed in a Herringbone format. Not easy to do. You have to over order if you plan on creating a Herringbone pattern out of loose tiles. Better to send us an email about it so we can work with you.

Carrara Venato 3x6" Honed Subway Tile $7.00 a Square Foot also available in Polished

Carrara Venato 12x24" Subway Tile $9.95 a Square Foot and 1x3" Stacked Mosaic Tile used on the floor for $11.15 a Square Foot.

Carrara Venato 3x6" Polished Subway Tile Backsplash $7.00 a Square Foot

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES