Thoughts on paint color?
_megan_
Looking to just paint and maybe add shelves above the toilet. Also a new shower curtain. What are your thoughts? Want to do something in the next couple of days before holiday guests.
_megan_
Here is close up of floor and tub tile.
December 20, 2013 at 7:26pm     
abbyjean
I am seeing a pretty blue tint in the sink.....maybe use that for your color inspiration.
December 20, 2013 at 7:43pm   
Patricia Torney
Thought you might like to see the shelving we added to our guest bath. No linen closet but there is a shelf under vessel sink vanity to hold towels. I prefer to keep the wall color neutral and add color with towels and accessories.
December 20, 2013 at 8:17pm     
saratogaswizzlestick
I would pick a very contemporary shower curtain to go with the of the sink. I like the idea of shelves above the toilet, you need the storage. Perhaps put baskets on the shelves so it hides clutter and it is easy to clean. I like the shelves Patricia posted. Floating shelves match that contemporary vibe.
December 20, 2013 at 8:20pm   
revss
The sink looks like an icy-aqua-ish or seafoam translucent vessel. Have you considered that as a color for walls and ceiling? I like that in small spaces like bathrooms. And you could also use glass shelves above the toilet; edges should come out in that icy-aqua tone.
December 20, 2013 at 8:51pm     
_megan_
Going along the lines of the aqua color do you think I could perhaps do a purplish tone? Also would you suggest the glass shelves over the cappuccino color which matches the vanity?
December 20, 2013 at 10:32pm   
judygilpin
I Think Patricia Torney's paint color & shelf choice is the best way to go. Aqua & purple are just this years fads.

The most important thing to do, is to clean the room up. Get the hair dryer and all the other stuff off of your toilet top and very nice vanity. Straighten out the towels and for heavens sake hide the toilet cleaner brush (or is that a plunger ?, worse yet). If storage is your problem, get a nice deep dark basket to match your vanity. Use it to store your toiletries, hair dryer, etc. and place it under the vanity to replace that white storage box.
December 21, 2013 at 3:27am   
_megan_
Thanks! Of course ill clean it up! I think the shelves will help tremendously with storage. What size were the shelves above your toilet Patricia?
December 21, 2013 at 6:06am   
Patricia Torney
I purchased the shelves at Target. Not expensive, and they snap onto a track you install on the wall so there are no visible screws, brackets etc. to keep the smooth, seamless contemporary look. The woven box on top of toilet holds the extra toilet paper out of sight. You can use a woven box to put some of the things you have on the top of your toilet or put them in the drawer below the sink to keep the bathroom neat and orderly. They have some beautiful woven boxes at Home Goods. I hate clutter but for the things I do need I find a decorative way to store them and keep them out of sight. Do you have a linen closet? If not, roll your towels and put them in a beautiful basket that matches the wenge finish on your vanity. When you finish please post a picture for us to enjoy! Have fun with your project.
December 21, 2013 at 6:36am     
mermaide
Vanity looks black. I would get a black shower curtain, perhaps textured ( try BB and B), opaque, and store all in bathtub for a quick solution).
December 21, 2013 at 9:16am   
_megan_
The vanity is cappuccino in color..like dark brownish black.
December 21, 2013 at 9:24am   
mermaide
Try to find matching opaque shower curtain. Black would work. Find a discount coupon for BB and B or a shower curtain liner (very cheap) and that is that!
December 21, 2013 at 9:36am   
Deck/Porch Design
We have a friend with a secondary deck, it is an empty...
Need help finishing my living room
We are after a rustic, comfortable feel as we use this...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
SOS - Need help for a bedroom
Hi all, I fell in love with a Kris Tate design for...
Kitchen colors, help!!!
Okay, given the photo of my kitchen, my wall color...