Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1347833

Simple solution to a dated boring kitchen.

User
10 years ago
The addition of glass front upper cabinetry to the existing wall of cabinets, plus stainless appliances, granite counters and a glossy black tile backsplash complete the transformation of this kitchen.

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 years ago
    Great idea and nice updated kitchen
  • gduplessis
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Wow. What a difference. Our new kitchen will have cabinets up to our ceilings. So much space wasted with regular height cabinets.
  • sbrustein
    10 years ago
    So , are the additional cabinets from the same manufacturer and same style or were these custom made to match existing cabinetry? It looks great.
  • Christina
    10 years ago
    I love the upper glass cabinets; great job!
  • J Petempich
    10 years ago
    Looks like it increased your cabinet space by at least 25%
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 years ago
    Looks great! Yes, free space above cabinets wastes space, collects dust and stops the eye at the top of the cabinet.
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    sbrustein - No. The existing cabinetry is at least 10 years old. The new glass cabinets were built by Barber Cabinets, one of my favorite companies to work with because they are willing to work with me on alternative solutions.
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 years ago
    What color did you paint the room?
  • PRO
    User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The wall color is Sherwin Williams - Whole Wheat (SW6121). A warm neutral with just enough contrast for the white cabinetry
  • PRO
    Inspired Closets of Greater Boston
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Stainless steel appliances was a great idea, it always makes a kitchen look refreshed! Nice job.