Kitchen cabinet dilemma
paigewilkins
I want to modernize my cabinets on a budget. I have painted kitchen cabinets in the past and don't really feel like doing that again. I am getting a black countertop, back splash and want to paint the walls a grayish blue. Suggestions please!
jdevinone
I had the same deal and just had them painted white! I love it! It opened up my kitchen so much!
December 21, 2013 at 2:05PM   
Curt D'Onofrio
You can just replace the cabinet doors if you're not liking them, although probaly more expensive then painting them. I done painting also. Came out good, but rather not do it also
December 21, 2013 at 2:25PM   
paigewilkins
I'm considering getting a few quotes to have the doors sprayed. What was a round about figure for you?
December 21, 2013 at 2:38PM   
jdevinone
I've in the Boston area and hired a carpenter. I had about 26 doors/ drawers - this included the various faux drawers). It was about 2.5k. He added molding and fixed a few cracks etc.
December 21, 2013 at 3:14PM   
TRS Designs, Inc (Kitchens, Baths, & More)
In my opinion, the biggest hindrance I see is the fact that your cabinet style has that cathedral type arch on them. No matter what you do to those doors, they will not ever look 'modern'. Even tho it might be more expensive of an option, I'd suggest painting all of the cabinet boxes, and investing in brand new cabinet doors that have a more modern style/finish that you like.
The soffits aren't helping achieve a 'modern' look either but you have to draw the line somewhere right? Since the soffit will likely have to stay, why not consider adding more lighting to them to help bright the space. the small "gimbal' style recess lights would look great there and help pull it towards being more modern, with the added benefit of lots more light.
Good Luck,
Thomas Richard
TRS Designs
July 22, 2014 at 4:05AM     
Circle Goods Reclaimed
Consider doing a reface kit with shaker style doors and you can pick your own species and everything. If it is an estimate of about 3k to refinish them the reface will probably be around 6500. Just to give you a rough idea of how the pricing compares typically.
July 22, 2014 at 9:49AM   
Kitchen cabinet dilemma
I want to add 12" cabinets-to make my kitchen cabinets...
Kitchen Cabinet Color Dilemma
I recently painted the walls of my kitchen/living room/dining...
Kitchen Cabinet Dilemma
We just removed the kitchen cabinets that were hanging...
oak kitchen cabinet dilemma
I have 1980's medium oak kitchen cabinets that are...
Kitchen Cabinet Dilemma
I am doing a full kitchen renovation and am torn between...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
need help with my new partition for my living room
I recently bought a house where the original owner...
I want to lacquer/paint a Mahogany dresser!
I would like to have a dresser lacquered professionally...deep...