Wallpaper in bathroom?
decorr
December 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Remodeling the bathroom, thinking to wall paper to accent one wall. Not sure if good idea to wall paper in bathroom and if do what type is recommended?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rinqreation
The type fit for moist rooms and special glue?
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 1:18AM
PRO
R. Rodgers Contracting
wallpaper is fine for bathrooms and high humidity applications, just be sure to use a high quality clear adhesive ( Roman and Golden Harvest both make one for kitchens and baths) and be especially sure that you get a solid vinyl wallcovering.... or at the very least, a vinyl coated one. Vinyl will repel any moisture that gets on the surface, the only issue areas are the seams, which is where a high quality adhesive comes in.
A lot of "higher end" wallcoverings are NOT vinyl or vinyl coated, such as most patterns from Nina Campbell, Osbourne and Little, Ralph Lauren, Thibaut, etc... so be sure to look at the description in the book, or the label on the roll. Have Fun!
3 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 1:43AM
chookchook2
Washable wallpaper, mould retardant glue.
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 3:24AM
PRO
S&K Interiors
The room is small so I do not recommend wallpapering just an accent wall only. It will make the room seem even smaller and too busy. If you decide to wallpaper then do all the walls.
1 Like   December 22, 2013 at 4:14AM
diyher
After having a major mess of trying to get wallpaper off my kitchen walls, I will never again put wall paper up lol. But, I remember from 25+ years ago, I had a bathroom with wall paper. Since it looks like the sink area would most likely have 2 large mirrors above the sinks? you could wallpaper the wall behind that will reflect in the mirror and give the same visual effect of a room with all walls pappered :)
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 4:50AM
PRO
Dytecture
Agreed with wallpaper being used as an accent.
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 5:15AM
PRO
in3interieur
A fantastic wallpaper is the best way to create a smart bathroom. Strong paper, right glue and nice pattern can give an impressive result.
1 Like   December 22, 2013 at 5:54AM
maggiemaxwell
Inherited wallpaper in all my bathrooms before remodeling. It was fine except for around the sinks, where it was terribly faded and water damaged.
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 6:59AM
fayewerz
It's perfectly fine to wallpaper a bathroom, and you can get beautiful designs. Just make sure the wallpaper is washable and stripable.
1 Like   December 22, 2013 at 7:05AM
PRO
R. Rodgers Contracting
Small rooms with wallpaper or deeper colors create intimate spaces.... which is a slam dunk for a bathroom which can be a very "cold" feeling room. Don't be afraid to get a deeper color design with a big pattern. Small patterns even in small rooms will wear on you. Really big patterns even on small areas will be more soothing especially in a mid to deep tone. Thank you!!
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 1:32PM
Nancy Travisinteriors
. Something contemporary in grays, black and silver. Do all walls. Too small to only do one. Get instruction on installing in a bathroom. Love the shower.
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 2:19PM
PRO
bryght.com
It's a wonderful idea, it's also a great way to add color to the space. If you pick a lighter color with a slight pattern it will make the space feel warmer and bigger. Here are a few inspiration images
0 Likes   December 22, 2013 at 5:22PM
PRO
TMK Remodeling
I strongly advise against it. Look at tiled accent wall instead.
1 Like   December 22, 2013 at 7:33PM