cindynsa
January 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
Wondering if solar shades provide privacy? I like the fact that your view is not completely blocked but would these work in a bathroom?
aimeekells
I have solar shades very similar to these and they do not provide much privacy, just light control. If there are no lights on in the room, they appear darker from the outside, but outlines can still be seen from the outside. We like them because we don't have houses too close behind us to need a high level of privacy. Hope that helps!
January 22, 2012 at 12:43pm   
All About Windows Inc
these shades do and can provide privacy. When we did this job client wanted a more open weave that allows maximum view with tradeoff off privacy. However if you look at photo masterbedroom in same house the shades offer complete privacy, but still allowed light to entry room or they could be done as blackout shades, allowing no light in room.
January 24, 2012 at 6:51pm   
bepsf
Solar shades only allow privacy on the darker side of the shade - So during the daytime, you won't be able to see in since it's brighter outside than inside...
...but at night, you won't be able to see out but others can see in since it's brighter indoors.
January 24, 2012 at 6:57pm   
cindynsa
Thank you, that helps me with my decision.
January 24, 2012 at 7:08pm   
I need help with kitchen color scheme.
I have oak flooring with traditional medium dark (maple...
bathroom vanity lighting question
I have a 72 inch wide double sink vanity. If I am...
Need help with a 1930's kitchen
We're buying a 1930's colonial that needs some updating....
paint color
How should we approach deciding a color for a steel...
"need to design space under the staircase"
The stair case is circular.I'm attaching the image.Please...