Radiused bay window treatment
redoboy
Would like to have theater style curtain drop down to cover window for privacy and to protect the furniture, flooring, etc. for southern exposure. Previous owner had curtains (see in photo-still using during construction). Curtains bunched up covering the casement windows at the sides. I have room on the interior to build a valance (?) to hide curtain when retracted. Unable to locate any pictures of this idea. Who could make such a curtain?
sunnydrew
Can you take a photo from inside?
December 22, 2013 at 12:26pm   
redoboy
Will post additional pictures in a few minutes. Open to any ideas that work with radius and don't block side casement windows.
December 22, 2013 at 12:47pm   
redoboy
Interior pictrure
December 22, 2013 at 12:51pm   
sunnydrew
Here are some ideas http://www.houzz.com/bay-window-treatment-ideas You will have to determine what works with your casement windows. You may want to call a window treatment company to come out and look and get prices for top down/bottom up shade for the individual windows. too.
December 22, 2013 at 12:52pm   
sunnydrew
Wow, that is some big window.
December 22, 2013 at 12:53pm   
sunnydrew
the window goes to the floor, so if you a put a big rod across the whole space you will lose all of that floor space. Is that Ok? It looks like about 8' wide x 4' deep overall.
December 22, 2013 at 12:55pm   
sunnydrew
I think you could do a very large curved rod installed on the center widow ( in the window itself ) with a soft fabric roman shade with panels on the sides that either are the same or even perhaps pull to the outside frame. If you use complimentary fabrics instead of all the same it would be interesting and also tone down the extreme width of the window as a whole. It would depend on what you have to work with to install on at the sides or ceiling. I think a "theater" style curtain is not necessarily needed.
December 22, 2013 at 1:01pm   
sunnydrew
the main thing I am saying is that you can do a single rod to include all 3 window and have it pull to sides, not drop from top. You will need to have it custom done probably.
December 22, 2013 at 1:04pm   
houssaon
How about a series of Roman Blinds? Each would cover a section two panes wide. I like ones that come up from the bottom for the maximum light and privacy control.

Sheer drapery on a traverse rod would not take up too much space if the fabric is a light weight.
December 22, 2013 at 1:05pm   
redoboy
We would like to maintain the radius shape if possible. The main window is approx. 10 feet. Side casements are approx 18 inches with frames. As I noted initially the previous owner had the curtains that pulled to sides on a rod. The curtains bunched up and hid the nice casements. The ceiling is 16 inches above the window in the bay area.
December 22, 2013 at 1:21pm   
window treatment for bay window
New bay window in casual living room. Dark gray sectional,...
Window Treatments for Bay Windows
I have two sets of bay windows. One set in the living...
Window treatment for 2 story bay window.
I've lived in this house for 5 years and can not decide...
Window treatment for bay window/door combo
I have straight wall, then it angles for left window,...
Need help with window treatment for a bay window.
This is the window of my formal living room. My furniture...
Lighting Ideas - Entryway, Dining & kitchen island pendant lights
Sending pictures of our entryway, dining & kitchen...
I need help with an original design for this Foyer
Because the client doesn't want a center table and...
Hack job on new stairs? Help!!! :-(
I had my floor refinishers replace the treads and risers...
Teen girl trying to decide furniture layout
Hi, I just got my own room ad am trying to decide how...
bathroom vanity lighting question
I have a 72 inch wide double sink vanity. If I am...