liapal
January 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
This Brazillian Arabescato Quartz look like a exact match for our Vermont White grannet counter top. We have gunmettal grey cabinets. They almost look black at times, quite dark. Sice the contertop is alittle busy we can not find a backsplash we love & this project is 6 mos old now. Look is contempary. HELP, sugestions please. LizPal
bepsf
Either use the exact same stone or select a completely contrasting tile - a near match is not an exact match and will result in an awkward appearance.
0 Likes   January 22, 2012 at 10:45AM
liapal
that is my problem... It will have to be a contrasting tile but we have had approx 25 tile samples given to us by tile houses & nothing seems to be be right with the grannet. While the grannet is "cool" in apperance it is also earthy. I just can't find the right contrast in both color and the medium.
0 Likes   January 22, 2012 at 11:23AM
modeskixx
Wow! I have same kitchen remodel plan with espresso shaker cabinets, same grey quartz countertop, and I chose the 4" x 12" white glass backsplash tile.
I wish it was finished, I would post a photo, but...still in construction!
0 Likes   February 5, 2012 at 5:37AM
artzi
Silver or pewter metallic glazed tiles lighter in tone than the cabinets would add a contrasting finish that would add a nice Inbetween sheen if the granite is glossy finish, or intermediary "texture" if the granite & cabs are matte. there are also zinc,aluminum, & stainless steel glazes. Ceramic tile is more durable in my opinion than actual metal & can be set so grout lines are almost invisible.
0 Likes   February 5, 2012 at 9:23AM
galanos
how about metal gray subway tiles. I'm doing my kitchen and I got lots of help with choices at the tile and stone store, the sales girl happened to take design classes and was a great help.
1 Like   February 27, 2012 at 4:25PM
lwcabell
I'm using 4x12 Carerra marble tiles for my backsplash. It has a lot of white in it and you don't see as many grout lines. I think I'm doing white glazed cabinets with some gray accents. In construction process right now.
1 Like   May 15, 2012 at 8:06PM
bosworth60
Did you ever finish the project? We are using this granite for the island - and a contrasting
Volga Blue on the surrounding counters. Just curious how yours turned out.
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 8:31PM
lwcabell
I did and used Vermont white on island and surrounding areas with white cabinets and grayish glaze. I used 4x12 Carrera marble for backsplash. Used antique pewter pulls and pendants. Turned out awesome. Will try to send some pictures.
1 Like   December 29, 2012 at 6:23PM
artzi
Very nice!
0 Likes   December 30, 2012 at 4:37AM
bosworth60
Beautiful. We are still in the planning stages; should start in the next few weeks. Going to use the same marble backsplash but using (brown) maple cabinets. I've had white the past 20 yrs and tired of it - but it would probably contrast better with the gray.
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 4:12PM
lwcabell
I have dark cabinets in my master bathroom (almost black) with calcutta marble countertops and love it. Will post some pics. Good luck with your project, it's a long process.
1 Like   January 2, 2013 at 1:44PM
remodeling a 1925 spanish style home, looking to do a small bathroom
i like your 5 panel door by Randolph-Bundy, Inc. ยท...
Martina Kohl
Living Room Layout
Hello! This is my first post here. We have a fairly...
Kayla Ryan
need help with bathroom. am selling house
/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1814.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1815.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1818.JPG...
Justine Laver
Would love help please with a kitchen back splash tile .
We have just completed a kitchen renovation in a 10...
Paula Madeiros
TV and Furniture Arrangement
So I'm deciding where I would place a tv and ultimately...
mb__4